E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > buffguy update week 2

03-03-2008, 06:18 PM   #1
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
buffguy update week 2

Well I'm on my 2nd week of back to working out after a 2 year sabbatical. First week I was sore big time! Ass, legs, biceps, triceps, chest, and things I can't even name were screaming uncle and for me to quit already.

But I pushed through now about mid way through the 2nd week I'm feeling good. I can already feel my man boobs making a come back. Prolly one more week and I'll be back to what I use to consider normal lifting weights when I was in college.

The only thing that bothers me is my whining fiance always moaning about how sore she is. I just want to give her a and tell her to STFU. I won't though, I'll just put up with the bi-minute bitching about her soreness. The gimp even went out and bought those icy hot pads. Any way can I trade her for one of the sexy ladies in some of the other threads

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2008, 06:22 PM   #2
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Funny how fast one recovers coming back from a long hiatus from working out. I only recovered my workout routine about a month and half ago..
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2008, 06:24 PM   #3
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
Funny how fast one recovers coming back from a long hiatus from working out. I only recovered my workout routine about a month and half ago..
Eh I was working out regularly from 14-22y/o, then took my time off till now and I'm only 24. Youth means recovery. Not like I was a total slob in the off time either, just wasn't hitting the gym thats all.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2008, 10:24 PM   #4
Jay_328
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 07 e92

Garage List
07 E92 328  [0.00]
good stuff ... keep it up man ... my girl whins about how sore she is too but comes from me (spanking that @$$) >>>>

03-04-2008, 09:43 AM   #5
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Good to hear man.

Is your gf taking any protein shakes with you? They should have enough amino acids in it, which will help her recover faster. If this is her first real time working out, it's going to take her longer to get through the soreness.

What supplements did you end up going with?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2008, 09:59 AM   #6
stooken
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5

as long as your fiance is motivated to work out then you're good. i got annoyed taking my girlfriend to the gym with me because she would always half ass everything and whine.

i think she got the idea now she shuts up and does whatever work out i tell her to do.
      03-04-2008, 04:17 PM   #7
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch View Post
Good to hear man.

Is your gf taking any protein shakes with you? They should have enough amino acids in it, which will help her recover faster. If this is her first real time working out, it's going to take her longer to get through the soreness.

What supplements did you end up going with?
She hasn't taken anything yet. She's going to try some of the stuff I picked up.

I know you'll want to me but I went to GNC. Had to. I was going to use that site suggested but I didn't know what I wanted or to get and the saving of maybe $20 wasn't worth it since GNC has that money back guarantee. Once I figure out my needs I'll definitely use a website.

I picked up EAS Myoplex in Chocolate Creme, it's not bad. Not great but easily drinkable, kinda leaves a funky aftertaste but oh well. GNC Amplified Creatine 189
and GNC Wheybolic Extreme
Tastes better then the myoplex actually, got it in vanilla. Fiance will prolly use this stuff.

I still have another 15 days to take the stuff back so if you want to make some suggestions of what to get and try from GNC please do, I'm all ears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stooken View Post
as long as your fiance is motivated to work out then you're good. i got annoyed taking my girlfriend to the gym with me because she would always half ass everything and whine.

i think she got the idea now she shuts up and does whatever work out i tell her to do.
She's motivated to work out just wasn't motivated for me. I tried to tell her what to do but she wouldn't listen and would half-ass everything. Then she'd follow me around and give "the look", you know the one where they stare and think "how much longer are you going to fucking take". Sooo I ended up signing her up for a class. She seems to like it and I don't have to deal with her.

retired 06 E90 325i

Appreciate 0
      03-04-2008, 08:28 PM   #8
shiggy
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 2009 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud View Post
She hasn't taken anything yet. She's going to try some of the stuff I picked up.

I know you'll want to me but I went to GNC. Had to. I was going to use that site suggested but I didn't know what I wanted or to get and the saving of maybe $20 wasn't worth it since GNC has that money back guarantee. Once I figure out my needs I'll definitely use a website.

I picked up EAS Myoplex in Chocolate Creme, it's not bad. Not great but easily drinkable, kinda leaves a funky aftertaste but oh well. GNC Amplified Creatine 189
Tastes better then the myoplex actually, got it in vanilla. Fiance will prolly use this stuff.

I still have another 15 days to take the stuff back so if you want to make some suggestions of what to get and try from GNC please do, I'm all ears.

She's motivated to work out just wasn't motivated for me. I tried to tell her what to do but she wouldn't listen and would half-ass everything. Then she'd follow me around and give "the look", you know the one where they stare and think "how much longer are you going to fucking take". Sooo I ended up signing her up for a class. She seems to like it and I don't have to deal with her.
try weight gain 4000...worked for eric cartman!
Name:  weight gain 4000.JPG
Views: 7849
Size:  5.7 KB
2009 Jet Black E92 M3, DCT, Nav, Novillo Leather, PDC, EDC, BBS CHR's 20", Yokohama Advan Sports Tires, Eiback Pro-Kit Springs, Dinan Pullies and Dinan Stage1 software, black grills, black side gills, alcantara shift and ebrake boot.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2008, 09:16 PM   #9
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
haha nice. i've been trying to get two leg days in a week... started doing more lunges... trying to get up to about 65lb dumbells... right now im just using 35s also thinking about doing more agility crap but too lazy.

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2008, 07:16 AM   #10
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
try weight gain 4000...worked for eric cartman!
Attachment 133752
I didn't pick up anything to gain weight. I'm a decent sized guy already at 6'4'' 220lb., I just want to move some of that 220 from fat to muscle and get in better shape. Gaining weight is not necessary.

retired 06 E90 325i

Appreciate 0
      03-05-2008, 09:22 AM   #11
Couch
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:

You definitely want to stick to a lower calorie protein. I know on ******* they rave about Optimum Nutrition shakes. I'm going to give this a try next probably. I could really use more calories though. But with you being 6'4" - 220, you're probably about ideal weight. Just drop what fat you have.

No problem with going to GNC, imo. I just don't like going in there because I always get hassled. They never leave me alone and try to force me to buy something I don't want to. I like Vitamin Shoppe because of the spread out store, and never get force fed shit. They let me know who they are and to ask them if I need help. I prefer that.

I'm still stuck at the same weight, lol. But think I'll start cutting a little bit to see if I can get my abs to show more. I know they're there, just need to do some cardio.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2008, 09:57 AM   #12
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch View Post

You definitely want to stick to a lower calorie protein. I know on ******* they rave about Optimum Nutrition shakes. I'm going to give this a try next probably. I could really use more calories though. But with you being 6'4" - 220, you're probably about ideal weight. Just drop what fat you have.

No problem with going to GNC, imo. I just don't like going in there because I always get hassled. They never leave me alone and try to force me to buy something I don't want to. I like Vitamin Shoppe because of the spread out store, and never get force fed shit. They let me know who they are and to ask them if I need help. I prefer that.

I'm still stuck at the same weight, lol. But think I'll start cutting a little bit to see if I can get my abs to show more. I know they're there, just need to do some cardio.
What is your opinion on what I picked up? Good, Bad, OK?? Should I take it back to get something else? I have a about 10 more days of their 30 day guarantee.

Yeah I don't want to drop much weight. Maybe to around 210 but more muscle. I'm also not going for the overly ripped looked. I want defined, where you can see it's all there but not too bulky and bulging, ya know? I don't know if I need cut abs either, it would be cool, but I don't know if I'd be able to workout and be so strict with what I eat to keep them.

retired 06 E90 325i

Appreciate 0
      03-05-2008, 12:56 PM   #13
Couch
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
What is your opinion on what I picked up? Good, Bad, OK?? Should I take it back to get something else? I have a about 10 more days of their 30 day guarantee.

Yeah I don't want to drop much weight. Maybe to around 210 but more muscle. I'm also not going for the overly ripped looked. I want defined, where you can see it's all there but not too bulky and bulging, ya know? I don't know if I need cut abs either, it would be cool, but I don't know if I'd be able to workout and be so strict with what I eat to keep them.
I've never used creatine so I can't speak on that. I've never used Wheyabolic Extreme either. Looking at the Nutrition Facts, it probably has more calories than someone not bulking would want. But with your height/weight you probably need them, and you're working out so... But the biggest concern to me with it, is the Sodium in it....450mg is a lot. And the 5g of sugar seem at least double what is standard. Although I use Muscle Milk sometimes and it has 6g.

I've never tried EAS products before. They are cheap as hell at Sam's, and thought about buying it. It has quite a bit of sodium as well. But people seem to like them.

I would stick with what you have, then mix up another brand next time. Just rotate to different products. I've read to do this, and been told to buy various working out gurus. This is a world of "I heard through the grapevine" though, so who knows what to believe.

I'm pretty much wanting definition as well. And with my body type, small frame, it's hard to gain weight. So I just try and eat right, take in the calories and hit the gym. I'm about to start trying to really bust ass like a mad man though. Try and get something more noticeable by the summer. My friend I hadn't seen in a while did say to me this weekend, "You're working out huh?" I didn't ever answer her since I was in the middle of a convo with my parents, but it meant something that she noticed.

A new crop of women are popping up in the gym all of the sudden. I'm using them to my advantage to stay in the gym longer than the 50min-1hr I normally do.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2008, 03:37 PM   #14
JOYRIIDE1113
Pirate
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailing Shark

bodybuilding.com FTW. Been a member since I was 15 yrsold. Their webforum, "teen section aside" is the best informational fitness forum around.
sure Vintage is rad, but if they screw up the prep it won't matter if they coat it in pure white carnauba picked from trees that bloom every ten years during a full moon; it will still look like ass. ---PICUS
Appreciate 0