E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Drive safe TO E9Xers

02-08-2008, 12:06 AM   #23
flush01
Major
Rep
Drives: 33m@%#ing5

i woke up yesterday, looked outside and saw like a meter of snow on my driveway, thank god for my snow blower, otherwise i'd be shoveling that sh!t for at least one hour
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 06:38 AM   #24
MOAB
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche & BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by chango335 View Post
I envy youuuuu

I was supposed to go down to Miami this weekend to relax for a few days, but I forgot about my cousin's baby daughter's birthday is on sunday....so now I'm staying put

You should go check out Delano Hotel on South Beach...great night scene and I think has one of the best sushi restaurants in the states.
I'm with my baby this trip so outings to the Shore Club and Delano will be few and far between. My parents are here as well, so they'll babysit for us a couple of nighs. Going to Prime 112 for dinner one night. Incredible restaurant!!
      02-08-2008, 08:14 AM   #25
Two Sheds
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Mini Cooper JCW

I went out on the wednesday night around 10pm, and came back just after midnight. I had no problems, the worst of it probably being my road which didn't get plowed till thursday afternoon. Coming home around midnight the 401 wasn't nice, not really plowed with big trucks still going pretty fast so you are left with tracks too wide to drive in.

The 404 was ok if you were on it! It had been plowed, but the entry and exit ramps had big banks of snow blocking them so I saw several cars stuck in those banks.

Then I get home and a guy that lives down the road had got his car stuck across the neighbours driveway. I think he was trying to go somewhere since I don't think he could have got from the main road to there with the cruddy tires he had on.

When I pulled up he just stared at me as I pulled up alongside him then reversed back around him and up my driveway. I love my xi and dunlop m3's

Quote:
i woke up yesterday, looked outside and saw like a meter of snow on my driveway, thank god for my snow blower, otherwise i'd be shoveling that sh!t for at least one hour
I'm so glad I bought a snow blower just before Christmas now.

He was trying to dig himself out so he could leave the car and not block the neighbours driveway so I spent 20 minutes with him helping him move the car 20 feet.

Then on Thursday morning heading out to work, my road was still unplowed and going round a bend in the road there was just an abandoned car in the middle of the road, so I ended up going through a massive snow bank to one side of him
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 09:14 AM   #26
ians
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335i 6MT, 04 TSX 6MT

I have Dunlop winter M3 on my 328i but I still having trouble on some un-plowed road on Thrusday morning. And I even not risking to go out on Wed night.
Appreciate 0