Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > LCI E90: 265/35/19 on 19x10 et38 (M359)

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

07-29-2014, 01:02 PM   #45
sammysolis
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335D Sport pkg , 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahhvinn View Post
They should fit with minimal amount of work. I've fit plenty of wheels on my car and the only minor thing I've done was slight roll and adding camber when I got my alignment. Also, you don't look low at all judging by your pictures and choice in tires.

You can't just expect to slap some beefy tires onto your car and think that anything won't happen. You KNEW that you had 8mm less clearance and you know that the wheel well is wider on an M3. Also, I hope that you know there's differences in tires as well. Some will be more square than others, some will have softer sidewalls, and some are more round. Matt gave you his personal experience on tire fitment and let you know that it could work. For whatever reason it didn't work with yours. As for the tire hitting the oil cooler bolt, that's a first because that's never happened to me, I have a 335i.

If you say you knew you should have just gone to America's Tire first and bought their recommended sizes then why didn't you? Yet you decided to come here and ask for other's opinions and experiences on tire sizing, which is what you got. You didn't have to go with what others said because results will vary from user to user. I'm sure you know that not every two cars are similar and that outcomes will be different.

It sucks that YOU couldn't get the tires to fit but at least you will know what works for your car now. Do you know where the tires were rubbing exactly? I'm sure it could've been fixed with a simple alignment and roll.

Hello,

So i got some gunmetal 19' M3 wheels with michiline sport tries and i had to roll my rear fenders a lot. probably almost 1in out and trimmed and folded the inner part of the fender to avoid rubbing. it helped but when i put 2 adults in the back it will rub on the dips. I read something about cambers adjusting it to -1degree , did that help for you?
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2014, 08:18 AM   #46
BMW325D
Enlisted Member
Norway
Rep
Drives: BMW 325D E91 M-sport

Not really shure what to conclude, but I have a question about the 265/35-19 in the rear. If you tried, was it rubbing outer, inner, front, back, or on top?
What I am asking is if it was the diameter or with + T that caused the rubbing.

I have 265/30-19 on 19x10 ET35 now and will be using the same wheels. I have experienced almost no rubbing in the rear, which means the ET and with should be OK also on the 265/30-19 tire, and I doubt it will rub due to the 1cm higher tire (as I had the car 1cm lower before), but I am not shure...

The reason for this setup is that the new cup 2 tires don't come in 265/30-19. At least not yet, even though I ordered them and 265/35 tires showed up. Front still 235/35-19, so they will be much smaller, but I hope it doesn't matter too much. But I don't want to raise my car in the rear in addition to the 1cm raise from having the 35-tire...
      09-10-2014, 08:37 AM   #47
austinla335d
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW325D
Not really shure what to conclude, but I have a question about the 265/35-19 in the rear. If you tried, was it rubbing outer, inner, front, back, or on top?
What I am asking is if it was the diameter or with + T that caused the rubbing.

I have 265/30-19 on 19x10 ET35 now and will be using the same wheels. I have experienced almost no rubbing in the rear, which means the ET and with should be OK also on the 265/30-19 tire, and I doubt it will rub due to the 1cm higher tire (as I had the car 1cm lower before), but I am not shure...

The reason for this setup is that the new cup 2 tires don't come in 265/30-19. At least not yet, even though I ordered them and 265/35 tires showed up. Front still 235/35-19, so they will be much smaller, but I hope it doesn't matter too much. But I don't want to raise my car in the rear in addition to the 1cm raise from having the 35-tire...
You'll rub due to increased diameter of 265/35-19. I've tried it on pre and LCI, both cars can't handle m3 tire diameters, especially with passengers in the car or when lowered.
I had room to go 285 on my pre-LCI, and with different ET the same may have been true on my LCI, but taller? No. It gets ya. It also has negative side effects like slower acceleration and the feeling of the car sitting up too high... And small as it was, the car looked a little funny with the too-tall tires.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2015, 06:08 AM   #48
Ghostriderf80
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Just a Porsche

Alpina handles 265/35/19 w no issue as an LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinla335d View Post
You'll rub due to increased diameter of 265/35-19. I've tried it on pre and LCI, both cars can't handle m3 tire diameters, especially with passengers in the car or when lowered.
I had room to go 285 on my pre-LCI, and with different ET the same may have been true on my LCI, but taller? No. It gets ya. It also has negative side effects like slower acceleration and the feeling of the car sitting up too high... And small as it was, the car looked a little funny with the too-tall tires.
Late to the game here, but Lci Alpina cars run the 235/35/19 and 265/35/19 set up from factory. Unless they are using the old pre-LCi rear suspension set up.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2015, 10:17 PM   #49
austinla335d
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexterspeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinla335d View Post
Late to the game here, but Lci Alpina cars run the 235/35/19 and 265/35/19 set up from factory. Unless they are using the old pre-LCi rear suspension set up.
Alpine cars use completely different suspension among other things in that arena, similar to the M3, which also wears that tire size...
Appreciate 0