E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > doese anybody install downpipes?

10-04-2009, 07:06 PM   #23
vgame64
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

LongTran is good as well and he is less than 999999 hours away.

But seriously, +1 on Alex and Matt.

And +1 on the VKs fitment being ugh; after seeing the AR's fitment, these really are crap compared to them. (I thought they were decent before I compared haha)
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2009, 11:10 PM   #24
itsbrokeagain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1999 528iT, E53 X5, E46 325xi

Yea I don't know why everyone hates their fitment. I had worse times fitting a batch of UR pipes and RR pipes.

The VKs fit perfectly....who knows maybe I got a good set :shrugs:
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2009, 08:12 AM   #25
Kevin@AKMotorwerk
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: THE GUY YOU LOVE TO HATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbrokeagain View Post
Yea I don't know why everyone hates their fitment. I had worse times fitting a batch of UR pipes and RR pipes.

The VKs fit perfectly....who knows maybe I got a good set :shrugs:
the turbo flange on the dp is larger then the flange on the turbo, so the clamp doesnt like to close all the way, the bolts for the exhaust have too large of a head to fit a socket or wrench on properly, and the bolts shanks are the same size as the stock exhaust so its not only a pain to get them thru it, it bends some threads getting them thru. not to mention they are just made shitty inside and out
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2009, 12:03 PM   #26
itsbrokeagain
United_States
Rep

I guess it was a good set. These matched up perfectly and as far as the lower bolts, I had no issues lining them up. The supplied bolts didn't fit but I made up a set with some extra hardware I had and that was that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexye92 View Post
the turbo flange on the dp is larger then the flange on the turbo, so the clamp doesnt like to close all the way, the bolts for the exhaust have too large of a head to fit a socket or wrench on properly, and the bolts shanks are the same size as the stock exhaust so its not only a pain to get them thru it, it bends some threads getting them thru. not to mention they are just made shitty inside and out
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2009, 12:04 PM   #27
Kevin@AKMotorwerk
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: THE GUY YOU LOVE TO HATE

Quote:
I guess it was a good set. These matched up perfectly and as far as the lower bolts, I had no issues lining them up. The supplied bolts didn't fit but I made up a set with some extra hardware I had and that was that...
did you see the pics andrew at ar put up? they were a set i installed, the welds and grinds were horrible.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2009, 09:26 PM   #28
itsbrokeagain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexye92 View Post
did you see the pics andrew at ar put up? they were a set i installed, the welds and grinds were horrible.
Well the ones I put in were used, and were polished on the outside and the welds on the flanges were decent, and on the inside they really werent that bad and I know welding...like I said maybe I just happened to get a good set of pipes. If I did another set who knows those would prolly be really crappy lol...
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2009, 10:37 PM   #29
Alex@AKMotorwerk
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 AW F10 535i

Quote:
Well the ones I put in were used, and were polished on the outside and the welds on the flanges were decent, and on the inside they really werent that bad and I know welding...like I said maybe I just happened to get a good set of pipes. If I did another set who knows those would prolly be really crappy lol...
wait a used set of VK dp's already?? really?? they only came out like a week and a half ago haha

someone used it for a day, took them off, sold them and now someone else has them... those DP's get around
Appreciate 0