E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Nurburgring Toy!!!

02-19-2010, 11:13 AM   #45
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

I think in the past 5 posts we could have seen all of Carl's emotions one by one!!

Car is low miles, Full History, BMW Warranty covered until 2007 (Yes, really) when the Vanos was replaced.

Car has had a clutch replacement, propshaft work done (common fault it seems) and the only unconfirmed common fault which hasn't been documented as done is the rear suspension bushes etc.

However it drove very well with no knocking, banging etc.

Silly, well yes, one could say so... but look at it like this... It cost me £3XXX and it is an Evo, in a wonderful colour with a good range of options. It's £400 P/A to insure...

What is the WORST that can happen?

Anyone on here who bought a new car in the last 6 months has ALREADY lost more money than this car cost and to be fair, in the condition/mileage/spec/history/owners it has I can't see it ever dropping much money because it has surely got pretty close to it's 'basement' price...

Alright, if it ends up rough/abused/untidy or the miles increase significantly then fine... But can anyone see me not shifting it for £3500 - £4500 in a years time with 85,000 on the clock?

I can't see it to be honest guys.... NFS - perhaps you could run a value quotation for me with Glasses? I would be willing to bet I have paid under the odds for it anyway!!

I am sure many folk will see this as a 'justification' post, which to some extent I suppose it is - but for all the above reasons and more I am sure it was a sound enough purchase.

Safety doesn't even come into it... I said this about the Ring anyway. Tony will no more want me to crash my car into the wall with him in it whether it is an E90, an E82, an E36 or a bloody Pagani Zonda!!

Crashing is never something you want to do and to be fair, I would rather have a massive BMW battering ram up front than be in something like a TVR or some little kit car type affair!

I'm just gonna enjoy it whilst it lasts and hope I make or don't lose too much money once it's time to move on!!

Matt
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 11:13 AM   #46
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
Sorry if I have come accross a little too negative in this thread matt Mate
I don't mind, coz at the next few meets I am sure you will find a new appreciation for old school... Course, I still prefer the 135 and you guys haven't seen that either... What to do!!!?

Matt
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 11:34 AM   #47
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Worth a brief scan, although I stand by my (commonly made) point that Evo write up's are light on content and high on waffle!

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evol...mw_e36_m3.html

Matt
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 12:07 PM   #48
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingKileak View Post
I don't mind, coz at the next few meets I am sure you will find a new appreciation for old school... Course, I still prefer the 135 and you guys haven't seen that either... What to do!!!?

Matt
I love old skool cars mate, just was put off by how dangerous the E36 is.

I had an E36 before and looked at a few Evo's years back.

Pics Pics.
      02-19-2010, 12:22 PM   #49
DrunkenMonkey
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e90 335ise

car sounds like a good un.

looking forward to pics
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 12:27 PM   #50
marcel b
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F31 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss134 View Post
RSR will hire you a track prepared car for a full day (10 laps) including fuel and lap tickets. They are only 300m from the 'ring and insurance is included in the price. It costs no extra for a second driver so you can split the cost.....its a good option.

How about a R26.R - eveything included will only cost you 500 Euro if you share with a second driver

E92 M3 - 800 Euro if shared

or go for it with a GT3 Cup for 1000 Euro shared!

http://www.rsrnurburg.com/index.php?...d=54&Itemid=95
sure... but did you check the insurance conditions. Look at the booking form. You will be in for a surprise

"Drivers are responsible for all damages, repairs, esitamtes. Drivers accept the Damage liabilities are up to: 8'000EUR for the Alfa 75s, 8'000EUR for the Clios, 15'000EUR on the Meganes, 35.000EUR on the BMW M* and Lotus Exiges, 50'000EUR on the 996 Porsche and 75'000EUR on the 997 Porsche UNLESS the insurance company refuses cover, in which case you are responsible for the whole cost of the car (example: driving with no valid license, driving without consent, and form of illegal driving). In addition to the damage liability of the whichever car they are driving, the Driver also agrees that they are liable for up to 5000EUR of third party claims. These include but are not limited to, guardrail damage suffered by the circuit operator, recovery cost and other drivers/victims damages both material and health related." etc etc etc

crashing a car can become really expensive.

worthwhile to have a look and do a risk calculation. These kind of conditions are the same for all company where you can rent a car to drive at the ring.
Appreciate 0