E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Eisenhaus is a fake

Closed Thread

02-08-2008, 10:38 AM   #485
PAKMAN
Lieutenant General
North Korea
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [9.50]
2006 e90 330i  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamfans View Post
you mean the details which I deem irrelevant..? I'm really not comfortable doing it, because 1.) it doesn't give us any other new info other than the high possibility of making drama 2.) just bogs down the situation 3.) I think if you are victim like me, call them up and you'll probably hear similar stuff.

my previous post on the write-up should help I hope.
i called them yesterday and 1. They told me to wait till afternoon and said they would "ABSOLUTELY give me a refund. 2. I waited till 6pm pacific time. 3. they wrote a 2 lined sentence to call them directly. wtf is that. its pointless calling them.
      02-08-2008, 10:39 AM   #486
namotorsports
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328i Coupe

All North American Motorsports customers will be contacted today via phone. We will be working with our customers to verify if they have a real or fake exhaust. Thank you for your understanding in this matter and we'll be in touch.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 10:44 AM   #487
gundamfans
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i

Garage List
2007 E90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAKMAN View Post
i called them yesterday and 1. They told me to wait till afternoon and said they would "ABSOLUTELY give me a refund. 2. I waited till 6pm pacific time. 3. they wrote a 2 lined sentence to call them directly. wtf is that. its pointless calling them.
Tim was kindly asking us to give them some slack as the situation arised just 1-2 days ago. Bosses are in meeting to make decision in how to resolve, I'll take their word for the time being. I did stress to them prompt reply from both sides (us victims, which for sure we'll be prompt) and on their side will help the situation a lot more. I was heavily implying and suggesting them not to let things drag.
2007 E90 335i|6MT|Sapphire Black Metallic|Black Leather|Aluminum Trim|ZSP|ZPP|CWP|Aluminum Pedals|M-Aero Kit|Blackline Tailights|E46 ZHP Knob|Euro Foglight Switch|M-Sport Perforated Leather steering wheel|M-Sport Perforated E-Brake|Front Carbon Fibre Splitter Kit|BMW Performance 19" Wheels|Meisterschaft Touring Exhaust Full Cat-Back System
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 10:46 AM   #488
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: A6 Allroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBERS$ View Post
"Type 304 is the basic chromium-nickel stainless steel. It combines excellent mechanical properties with excellent resistance to many corrosive agents encountered in domestic and industrial use. It is non magnetic and not hardenable by heat treatment."

Just to review, my system HAS the legit plaque but a magnet still attracted to the hangers. I'm still not convinced that my plaque = authenticity.

304 SST is slightly magnetic.

316 SST is not magnetic.

400 series SST is also slightly magnetic.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 10:48 AM   #489
PAKMAN
Lieutenant General
North Korea
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [9.50]
2006 e90 330i  [5.50]
Quote:
Tim was kindly asking us to give them some slack as the situation arised just 1-2 days ago. Bosses are in meeting to make decision in how to resolve, I'll take their word for the time being. I did stress to them prompt reply from both sides (us victims, which for sure we'll be prompt) and on their side will help the situation a lot more. I was heavily implying and suggesting them not to let things drag.
i totally understand and agree.
      02-08-2008, 10:48 AM   #490
Crazy Bimmer
The Jesal
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Nice work gundamfans, you seem to be getting the most info about all this without throwing a tantrum online. Thats the way things get done. IMO

02-08-2008, 10:55 AM   #491
san~man
Tired
Rep
Drives: BMW-less

I just got off the phone with Jason @ Eisenhaus.

I related the same concerns to Jason that I did to John Kang yesterday:
1. That I received a fake part (SR pipe).
2. That I am concerned about the materials used to make said SR pipe.
3. That I overpaid for a non-genuine product.
4. That Eisenmann never made an "SR" pipe in Germany, ever
5. That I am willing to keep the pipe but would require compensation to do so, seeing as how the pipe did not cost anywhere near the price they charged for it.
6. That Eisenhaus would benefit by me not sending the SR pipe back to them, since it will obviously be hard for them to sell it after this point with the scandal as widespread as it is.

Jason was polite over the phone, as was I. He also related the same message that "Tim" did, in that Eisenhaus is working on a solution to the problem, and everyone will be handled on a case-by-case basis.

Guys, just remember this. We here all know that EVERYONE is upset over this situation, but be polite on the phone but STERN at the same time. Yelling, swearing, or whatever at the person on the other line won't solve anything as he's ultimately not the one who's responsible (you obviously won't get Kang on the phone from this point on).

Jason took down my name and number, and said that Eisenhaus will call me when a resolution to the mess is completed. Jason said that Eisenhaus is working to settle the matter to everyone's liking.

We will just have to wait and see.
      02-08-2008, 11:08 AM   #492
Bromaguire
Rep
Drives: Supercharged Denali, Turbo M3

I think some of you guys are being to soft on this. They commited a crime. They owe a complete refund, they knew the products they were selling were not actual eisenmann products. They did not just become aware of this a day or two ago. When they contacted a manufacture in korea to make the fraudlent parts is when they became aware of this, its only that now that the $hit has hit the fan for them are they going to do something to rectify the situation. If they try to tell you that your refund is based on the mileage you have put on the piece simply remind them that all you have to do is press charges and sue for a complete refund. This is disgusting how they have acted.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 11:08 AM   #493
Tuna
Rep
Drives: N/A 4 door

I met John personally a few times while still living in Chicago. He always tried to sell me some of his crap but for some reason I
wouldn't buy shit from him. Maybe it was the way I saw him treat one of my friends who was his best customer, maybe it was
my other friend who paid some exorbitant amount of money for a muffler which lost 50HP on the dyno. Maybe it was some other
thing that's unexplainable. All I know is that he has many nice cars (which he's worked very hard for as we can see).

--- One more thing he mentioned to me once was that he distributed Tag Hauer watches in Korea, wonder if those come in any lines "specially made" for the Korean market.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 11:15 AM   #494
PAKMAN
Lieutenant General
North Korea
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [9.50]
2006 e90 330i  [5.50]
i just got off the phone with tim(korean as he said). He kept on saying that they are sincerely sorry admitting that they messed up. What ive learned from the past was that if someone says sorry it was admitting that they did something wrong. He told me that eisenmann and eisenhaus are no longer "together". and what i told them is why they STAMPED Eisenmann on the exhaust. and he just went around the question said that he was sorry once again. i then asked him if they were going to compensate some $ and he said they are not sure at this time. they couldve been smart and just made their own exhaust like "ikon" "highline tuning" etc etcand sold it for a reasonable price instead of stamping eisenmann on it. They just wanted to fake a product by stamping the name to get more money off of the product to make people think its the REAL DEAL.
      02-08-2008, 11:16 AM   #495
PAKMAN
Lieutenant General
North Korea
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [9.50]
2006 e90 330i  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
I met John personally a few times while still living in Chicago. He always tried to sell me some of his crap but for some reason I
wouldn't buy shit from him. Maybe it was the way I saw him treat one of my friends who was his best customer, maybe it was
my other friend who paid some exorbitant amount of money for a muffler which lost 50HP on the dyno. Maybe it was some other
thing that's unexplainable. All I know is that he has many nice cars (which he's worked very hard for as we can see).

--- One more thing he mentioned to me once was that he distributed Tag Hauer watches in Korea, wonder if those come in any lines "specially made" for the Korean market.
      02-08-2008, 11:20 AM   #496
Alias
dork
Rep
Drives: //M

I just spoke to Tim and gave him all my info and he is going to call me with whatever they decide to do.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 11:24 AM   #497
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

so the two ways of telling genuine product is the plaque and ribs on the muffler right?

does this apply to 328xi exhausts sec 1-3?
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 11:26 AM   #498
gundamfans
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i

Garage List
2007 E90 335i  [0.00]
good to hear that everyone seemed to have managed to talk to Eisenhaus. Good good sign. Give them benefit of doubt for the time being.

As for Bromaguire, I certainly see your point. But my way of doing things is first inquire, by polite and firm (I don't think I was too polite, but I was definitely calm when talking to Tim) and see how Eisenhaus respond. If they respond with sincerity, i.e. which Tim did by apologizing and on the basis of compensation very soon, we'll treat each other with respect and deal with this in an efficient and mature way. If Eisenhaus shrug me off and treat me bad, I'm going to great lengths for sure then. It's a matter of reciprocity.

Tim + the managers are having a tough time dealing with us and they might have let us know on some side info that doesn't make an impact on the situation (Tag Hauer watches? doesn't really matter), and I'm not going to sensationalize those materials. No point.

I await Eisenhaus's prompt, well explained and reasoned response in terms of compensation.
2007 E90 335i|6MT|Sapphire Black Metallic|Black Leather|Aluminum Trim|ZSP|ZPP|CWP|Aluminum Pedals|M-Aero Kit|Blackline Tailights|E46 ZHP Knob|Euro Foglight Switch|M-Sport Perforated Leather steering wheel|M-Sport Perforated E-Brake|Front Carbon Fibre Splitter Kit|BMW Performance 19" Wheels|Meisterschaft Touring Exhaust Full Cat-Back System
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 11:34 AM   #499
Trill335
انا خارج الكلبه
Rep
Drives: E92 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Bimmer View Post
I seen their systems in person many of times. You really couldnt tell the difference that easily.

Hell this has been going on for years and no one noticed or had any quality issues.
I noticed and called them out back in 03...
      02-08-2008, 11:44 AM   #500
PAKMAN
Lieutenant General
North Korea
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [9.50]
2006 e90 330i  [5.50]
if you can see they switched their whole website. they changed everything.
      02-08-2008, 11:47 AM   #501
Excellence
G-STAR
Rep
Drives: E90 to A5

For all you know these could be premium pipes made in China not KOREA.
But I heard manufacturing in korea is even worse than China.

I wonder if they are going to sell these fake exhausts as a clearance item. I wouldn't mind getting a fake essienman exhaust for cheap!
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 11:47 AM   #502
PAKMAN
Lieutenant General
North Korea
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [9.50]
2006 e90 330i  [5.50]
shiettt they even took out all the FAKE exhaust pictures out of their threads.
      02-08-2008, 11:48 AM   #503
PAKMAN
Lieutenant General
North Korea
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [9.50]
2006 e90 330i  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excellence View Post
For all you know these could be premium pipes made in China not KOREA.
But I heard manufacturing in korea is even worse than China.

I wonder if they are going to sell these fake exhausts as a clearance item. I wouldn't mind getting a fake essienman exhaust for cheap!
yea im expecting a compensation for a CHEAP fake eisenmann exhaust..
      02-08-2008, 11:50 AM   #504
M5Beast
Rep
Drives: 06 E60 M5

Anyone know if Eisenmann genuinely made pipes for the E60 M5? Or are my pipes "fake" as well... They sitting at my friend's shop waiting for the mufflers so I can't see the plaque this moment. Will check it shortly... I don't really mind if the pipes are, Made in Korea, or by bob down the corner doesn't matter... Though I am not as happy about the price as I was certainly paying for the name and origin in my mind...

Still wondering whats going on with my exhaust, if I'm going to recieve the Eisenmann race I ordered, or if I'm going to have a meisterschaft sent to me in which I will not accept for 2,900... The pipes, I don't really care I have no bout about them and no problem keeping.

I've not really heard anything, my distributor has been taking care of it and says the Eisenhaus claims my exhaust has already arrived from Germany and isn't affected... Though they told me they were shipping it out from chicago over 3 weeks ago, and I've yet to recieve a tracking, and was told I would get a tracking by mid this week at the latest. Still waiting, I'm sure they're swamped now, but still... I question that my exhaust is actually here as I see other m5ers have been waiting since August and several around the same time I purchased.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 11:51 AM   #505
IND-Distribution
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: G82 M4 / G87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by doba_s View Post
i think they knew something about it ... i mean , can't you see the difference between real and not ... if you were getting real stuff with real part numbers and then fake ones ... you gotta be blind to not to see the difference ...

IND honestly had no idea that this was happening. We do have a full service shop and do installs but we have never sold a non-genuine unit to a local customer. We had seen and heard the Eisenhaus 335 with the non-genuine unit but as far as handling it we did not. Eisenhaus packed all of the system and drop shipped all but one. I can assure the public that IND had no prior knowledge of this and that we will only sell GENUINE Eisenmann from this day forward.
      02-08-2008, 11:54 AM   #506
PAKMAN
Lieutenant General
North Korea
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [9.50]
2006 e90 330i  [5.50]
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98225
(no longer active)

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76910