E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Eisenhaus is a fake

Closed Thread

02-08-2008, 09:52 PM   #595
Trill335
انا خارج الكلبه
Rep
Drives: E92 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Bimmer View Post
Whats wrong with having a real Eisenmann Race exhaust?

I honestly dont see too big of a deal about that. If its a quality made product from germany and if you enjoy the sound, then whats wrong? Your exhaust is still made by Eisenmann, its not a lower quality compared to other system that they make.

I would understand if they renamed a cheaper model and sold it for a more expensive one but they didnt.

Its kinda like buying a Acura TL and then later finding out its really a rebadged Honda everywhere else in the world. Its just the name that was changed, the quality is still there.
I don't think he has an issue with having an Authentic Eisenmann exhaust.

I think the issue here is that OC purchased an exhaust that was marketed as an upscale Eisenmann Exhaust system. He actually got an Eisenmann Race exhaust with some fancy tips and a fancy name for an additional cost.
      02-08-2008, 09:57 PM   #596
Trill335
انا خارج الكلبه
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i View Post
Do you have a vested interest in this? I do not see how you fail to realize what is wrong.

I DID NOT want a race exhaust. I did not want the race sound. I do not enjoy the race sound. It was marketed as a Meistercraft exhaust, which was marketed as QUIETER than the race system. It is not as advertised. There is NO SUCH thing as Eisenmann Meistercraft for the E92 335i. PERIOD.

Bro you need to show Eisenhaus that you mean business. Eisenhaus if you're still monitoring this thread...do the right thing here.

Eisenhaus, you are wrong and the best thing you can do is rectify this situation ASAP as the customers demand. It is going to be much worse on you if these cases make it into a court of law. You will surely loose. Write that down.
      02-08-2008, 10:00 PM   #597
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trill335 View Post
Bro you need to show Eisenhaus that you mean business. Eisenhaus if you're still monitoring this thread...do the right thing here.
Oh trust me, I am.

I'm just not making all my moves public.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 10:02 PM   #598
Trill335
انا خارج الكلبه
Rep

Angry

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=585
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPDAN View Post
Have they chimed in at all????
      02-08-2008, 10:04 PM   #599
Trill335
انا خارج الكلبه
Rep

Quote:
Oh trust me, I am.

I'm just not making all my moves public.
Good deal. Take them out...

I understand not showing your hand.
      02-08-2008, 10:28 PM   #600
e92man
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: modded e92 335i coupe

Garage List
so help me out. the meisterchaft system( the quads that oc335 got) is really eissanman's race system but eisenhaus renamed it and had it knocked-off in korea? or is it the real race exhaust, but the eisanhaus people renamed it to make it sell better?
e92 335i jet black, coral red, aluminum, sport, step, paddles, heated seats, pdc, bmw aluminum pedals, oem aero kit front lip, 19' miro type 366 hamann race edition reps, H&R sport springs, 15% tints, vorsteiner rear deck spoiler, custom front pdc

"The only cars that should be yellow are taxi cabs and school busses."
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 10:36 PM   #601
san~man
Tired
Rep
Drives: BMW-less

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trill335 View Post
I don't think he has an issue with having an Authentic Eisenmann exhaust.

I think the issue here is that OC purchased an exhaust that was marketed as an upscale Eisenmann Exhaust system. He actually got an Eisenmann Race exhaust with some fancy tips and a fancy name for an additional cost.
Does anyone really know if the price of the real Eisenmann Race in Germany is the same price as the Eisenhaus Meisterschaft that was sold in America?

Had the real Race = Meisterschaft in price, then your argument is not valid.
Had the real Race > Meisterschaft in price, then your argument is again not valid.
Had the real Race < Meisterschaft in price, then your argument is valid.

In the end, all names of products aside, it is the upscale unit because it's the genuine unit and not the outsourced unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i
I DID NOT want a race exhaust. I did not want the race sound. I do not enjoy the race sound. It was marketed as a Meistercraft exhaust, which was marketed as QUIETER than the race system. It is not as advertised. There is NO SUCH thing as Eisenmann Meistercraft for the E92 335i. PERIOD.
This is my opinion on this, and I not here to sling shit at you. I may get shit in return from you and other members since I'm the noob here, but I'm simply still trying to understand your POV. Having gotten that out of the way, I will say this:

The real Eisenmann "Race" and the Eisenhaus "Meisterschaft" are basically equal- no one can deny that. Eisenhaus, to my knowledge, did nothing to the muffler to change its characteristics. They didn't open it up, didn't modify it, didn't do anything to it other than change it's name. That's why I asked you the other day if you heard it before you bought it, and you said you did. Other than possibly changing the tips to a quad tip (does anyone really know if they didn't sell a quad tip version in Europe?), there is no difference.

I asked once in a thread if there was a difference in sound by changing the tips from a single tip to a quad tip, and many members stated that it was purely cosmetic. I simply can't see how the system you listened to the first time is different from what you received. That's all I'm saying.

If you consider the product line that Eisenhaus sold in America, the Meisterschaft was softer than the Race (fake one) sold here. At least it was for me in every video I listened to, hence my decision in purchasing it. In that sense, you did receive the "quieter" unit. The line, as you know, went from "Sport," to "Meisterschaft" to "Race." Knowing that, it is as "advertised" because you got the unit that supposedly was in the middle of the dB range in their exhaust line up.

Now, I myself am not angry at all if I received a Race or a Meisterschaft, because I bought the unit for the sound, construction, quality of materials used and because it was made in Germany. My decision had nothing to do with the name of the product. I don't give a damn if it's a Race or a Meisterschaft, as long as I got the "real deal" Eisenmann, which I did (SR pipes aside).

Now, that being said, I'm not on anyone's side but my own, so don't mistake my comments for anything of the sort.

Fire away...
      02-08-2008, 10:43 PM   #602
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by san~man View Post
If you consider the product line that Eisenhaus sold in America, the Meisterschaft was softer than the Race (fake one) sold here. At least it was for me in every video I listened to, hence my decision in purchasing it. In that sense, you did receive the "quieter" unit. The line, as you know, went from "Sport," to "Meisterschaft" to "Race." Knowing that, it is as "advertised" because you got the unit that supposedly was in the middle of the dB range in their exhaust line up.
No, there is no Sport. Have you seen a Sport Unit in the US for the E92 335i yet? Race is a fake so you shouldn't really compare one product to a fake one. It is simple as this, if it was labeled as Eisenmann Race, not as many people would have bought it, nor would have I.

As far as REAL deal Eisenmann Products are concerned, the exhaust I purchased was the Eisenmann Race. Their louder product. Period.

It's like buying a BMW with Sport Package in the U.S. but not really receiving the Sport Package. It's still a BMW, but it's not what you ordered.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 10:50 PM   #603
Last E92 M3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

yeah i am with OC 335i.
regardless of how much that "exhaust system" costs, if customer isn't satisfied due to false advertisement, customer definately has a right to get refund/exchange or w/e that will be appropriate.

i think it's totally up to customers at this point, rather they get refund or exchanged or w/e.
keep us updated how this thing goes...this is definately a yellow light for aftermarkets
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 10:57 PM   #604
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Quote:
No, there is no Sport. Have you seen a Sport Unit in the US for the E92 335i yet? Race is a fake so you shouldn't really compare one product to a fake one. It is simple as this, if it was labeled as Eisenmann Race, not as many people would have bought it, nor would have I.

As far as REAL deal Eisenmann Products are concerned, the exhaust I purchased was the Eisenmann Race. Their louder product. Period.

It's like buying a BMW with Sport Package in the U.S. but not really receiving the Sport Package. It's still a BMW, but it's not what you ordered.
I'm with you on this. It's intentional mis-representation of a product.
      02-08-2008, 11:03 PM   #605
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
I'm with you on this. It's intentional mis-representation of a product.
Thank you.

And to add to this, do you think Eisenmann was happy it was labeled Eisenmann Meistercraft? Did they give Eisenhaus PERMISSION to name it Meistercraft? According to the letter, they DID NOT.

Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 11:06 PM   #606
amazzzin
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Ok, I canceled my order and going with a full-catback britalman.

Let me explain.

I was talking to my sources. If these "master dealers/new dealers" import or spend atleast XX,XXX ammount of $$$ in sales. Each exhaust for the "Eissenman Race" (The only one they sell in the USA) would come out to about 700-800$ shipped.

All legit numbers straight from Eissenman. To import just one exhaust it cost about 1700$+tax and stuff -- thats where you seen those crazy high numbers. Pretty much as these dealers come by and make "large orders" all in all they are making a steal from us. It's fucked up, but someone had to say it.

I cancaled today becuz my nigs at SPP told me something is shady is going to happen with eissenhaus, so I backed off and going with the britalmann.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 11:11 PM   #607
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
Canada
Rep
Drives: circles around you

I'm sure even with them paying off people with the hush money, they still end up ahead since it probably cost them pennies to a dollar to produce the exhausts in Korea
      02-08-2008, 11:17 PM   #608
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
Canada
Rep
Drives: circles around you

and here's a thought: sue them anyways even after you've gotten the hush money. WTF are they going to say? huh? "Hey, you promised not to tell the police that we lied and stole from you!!!!!"
      02-08-2008, 11:49 PM   #609
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by hl0m4n View Post
so the two ways of telling genuine product is the plaque and ribs on the muffler right?

does this apply to 328xi exhausts sec 1-3?
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2008, 12:07 AM   #610
longtran
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
^ yes, ribbed mufflers are ok. eisenamnn never made a section 1 and 2. only 3. so you have a real muffler and fake pipings.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2008, 12:20 AM   #611
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
i like how everybody is saying ribbed... i think i started using it first! im so glad! anyways... everybody who has a questionable exhaust & or piping should definitely call eisenhaus to see what they can get for compensation.

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2008, 12:23 AM   #612
ricky123hk2002
Fishy
Rep
Drives: 335i sedan

Garage List
2007 335i E90  [0.00]
Quote:
Thank you.

And to add to this, do you think Eisenmann was happy it was labeled Eisenmann Meistercraft? Did they give Eisenhaus PERMISSION to name it Meistercraft? According to the letter, they DID NOT.

I am with you too...
The point is just simple... you didn't get what u think u should get...
Wrong info is giving out from the seller...
The seller should do something for pay for it...
It's not about u get a better product or worse product...
Brand is a factor... Eisenmann exhaust doesn't mean good exhaust in some people's mind... Some people will reject to buy it if they know it made by Eisenmann... It is about preferences...
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2008, 12:55 AM   #613
Kev
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklion View Post
and here's a thought: sue them anyways even after you've gotten the hush money. WTF are they going to say? huh? "Hey, you promised not to tell the police that we lied and stole from you!!!!!"
Well, we are talking about Civil vs Criminal case here. Once they signed the release forms, the customers relinquish the right to pursue this case further in court by accepting the compensation that Eisenhaus offered. However, Eisenhaus can still be charged criminally for violating trademarks, untruthful advertising, and counterfeiting, which should involve Federal prosecutors because this is inter-state commerce.

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer, just a poor medical student that watched too much Law & Order.
      02-09-2008, 12:59 AM   #614
Kev
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thank you.

Bottomline is you paid for something that you thought WAS NOT RACE, but it turns that it is indeed RACE. Therefore, you should be compensated accordingly, either with a small monetary compensation for you to keep the exhaust or simply a 100% refund / buy back of your exhaust since it was mis-represented to you when you bought it.

Apparently, eisenmann is not happy with the Meisterschaft "line" that Eisenhaus created for them. Labeling it Eisenmann Meisterschaft is just plain misleading, and it is also a violation of copyriights.
      02-09-2008, 01:21 AM   #615
ORLY_YARLY
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
Bottomline is you paid for something that you thought WAS NOT RACE, but it turns that it is indeed RACE. Therefore, you should be compensated accordingly, either with a small monetary compensation for you to keep the exhaust or simply a 100% refund / buy back of your exhaust since it was mis-represented to you when you bought it.

Apparently, eisenmann is not happy with the Meisterschaft "line" that Eisenhaus created for them. Labeling it Eisenmann Meisterschaft is just plain misleading, and it is also a violation of copyriights.
+1
Coming from the noob with 17 posts.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2008, 01:43 AM   #616
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [8.00]
VOTE FOR OC 335i in 2008

havent ever seen so many people agree with him... u guys are making it hard on me
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread