E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Manheim auctions

07-07-2009, 07:41 PM   #1
ililillilillilil
Banned
Rep
Drives: e92 TT

Manheim auctions

i have access to their website so i keep checking their inventory. they have a lot of hot cars at low prices. for example M3 convertibles for around $55,000. some have rims, drops and diffusers and stuff at the same price
Porsche 997 turbos from 70Gs. i went there in November and saw 3 new Nissan GTRs sell for 70 grand. (certainly to be resold for 120)
im definitely getting something from this place soon

does anyone else have any experience with Manheim???
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2009, 07:52 PM   #2
J.P.
Close to bein Bannned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Pussy Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ililillilillilil View Post
i have access to their website so i keep checking their inventory. they have a lot of hot cars at low prices. for example M3 convertibles for around $55,000. some have rims, drops and diffusers and stuff at the same price
Porsche 997 turbos from 70Gs. i went there in november and saw 3 new Nissan GTRs sell for 70 grand. (certainly to be resold for 120)
im definately getting something from this place soon

does anyone else have any experience with Manheim???
all sales are final with an auction, and 99% of the time you cant test drive the car, If you buy a car and its broken your stuck with it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexye92 View Post
JERRYS MOM= BEST HEAD OF MY LIFE
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2009, 08:02 PM   #3
Tim2189
Russian in a Bimmer
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i

i use to work at odessa auction out in jersey, the buyer can just sit in the car and check the VINS while it was being pulled up to the auction block... 70% of the cars were repo's and the rest were off lease cars
2018 X5 40e - retired
2020 X5 M50i - Current
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2009, 08:02 PM   #4
ililillilillilil
Banned
Rep

they leave the keys in a lot of the cars. u can check them out and drive them around the lot. i sat in a few Maybachs there. they do carfax too. they dont hide any damage. they show every tiny scratch in the pics on their site but i guess u never really know for sure. there is a lemon law though
im also looking into slightly wrecked cars to repair and flip.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2009, 08:03 PM   #5
ililillilillilil
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc328ci View Post
i use to work at odessa auction out in jersey, the buyer can just sit in the car and check the VINS while it was being pulled up to the auction block... 70% of the cars were repo's and the rest were off lease cars
thats right
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2009, 09:42 PM   #6
Joe @ Martino Auto Concepts
Banned
Rep
Drives: Wide Body E92 M3

Garage List
2011.5 BMW M3  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ililillilillilil View Post
they leave the keys in a lot of the cars. u can check them out and drive them around the lot. i sat in a few Maybachs there. they do carfax too. they dont hide any damage. they show every tiny scratch in the pics on their site but i guess u never really know for sure. there is a lemon law though
im also looking into slightly wrecked cars to repair and flip.
If you buy anything wrecked give us a call. We can handle the repairs!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2009, 11:02 PM   #7
exclusivo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: race car

i bought my 06 325i from there in Dec for 16k, premium package, leather, 30k. you can test drive every car before you bid, they leave the keys in every car. you can get in and drive like an asshole all around the lot. a few days before the auction, they post a list of cars that will be selling that week, you can check the vins prior to going there to single out the cars your interested in, so its easier to find at the lot.

messed up part is, I had won a loaded 330, premium/sports hid for 17, but when I went to pay, they told me the owner pulled out of the deal because it sold too low, so in fury, i went back to the auction lanes and threw in a bid for the 325, and won on the opening bid because a new set of benzs were coming in on another lane, so ppl werent paying attention. i dont mind though, i laugh at my friends who are buying toyotas, hondas and nissans for 20k+
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 12:27 AM   #8
alanzthaking9
alanzthaking9
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Bmw X5 2007 328i Sedan

im a used car dealer. i go to manheim ny metro skyline and manheim in bordentown nj and ADESA. Ive been going for years. I to this day do not buy cars from auctions i just sell there because everything is garbage...I SELL WHAT I CANT SELL AT MY LOT TO DEALERS AT AUCTIONS.... Everything is SALVAGE TITLE, SALVAGE REBUILT. FLEET CARS THAT BEEN HIT. LEASE RETURNS, REPOS, THINK ABOUT IT MOST OF THE CARS IF THEY WERE ANY GOOD, WOULDNT THE DEALERS BE SELLING THEM AT THEIR LOTS TO CUSTOMERS? (NO BECAUSE THAT WOULD BRING PROBLEMS FOR DEALERS).. THE CARS THAT HAVE CLEAN CARFAX DOESNT MEAN THEY HAVENT BEEN RECKED( CARFAX IS ONLY WHEN U GET A POLICE REPORTED ACCIDENT)... ALOT OF CARS THERE HAVE MISSING PLASTICS ON THE BOTTOM.. BENT FRAMES NO ONE KNOWS ABOUT. U CAN PAY THE AUCTION MONEY TO CHECK THE CARS, BUT THEY CHECK MOSTLY FOR ENGINE AND TRANS LEAKS AND NOISE THEY DONT ACTUALLY LOOK FOR IMPORTANT STUFF.. ALOT OF THE CARS BREAK ON UR WAY HOME FROM THE AUCTION. MOST ARE AS-IS...u have a 1% chance of getting lucky..
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 08:19 AM   #9
Sal@AUTOcouture
Rep
Drives: E93 M3, E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanzthaking9 View Post
im a used car dealer. i go to manheim ny metro skyline and manheim in bordentown nj and ADESA. Ive been going for years. I to this day do not buy cars from auctions i just sell there because everything is garbage...I SELL WHAT I CANT SELL AT MY LOT TO DEALERS AT AUCTIONS.... Everything is SALVAGE TITLE, SALVAGE REBUILT. FLEET CARS THAT BEEN HIT. LEASE RETURNS, REPOS, THINK ABOUT IT MOST OF THE CARS IF THEY WERE ANY GOOD, WOULDNT THE DEALERS BE SELLING THEM AT THEIR LOTS TO CUSTOMERS? (NO BECAUSE THAT WOULD BRING PROBLEMS FOR DEALERS).. THE CARS THAT HAVE CLEAN CARFAX DOESNT MEAN THEY HAVENT BEEN RECKED( CARFAX IS ONLY WHEN U GET A POLICE REPORTED ACCIDENT)... ALOT OF CARS THERE HAVE MISSING PLASTICS ON THE BOTTOM.. BENT FRAMES NO ONE KNOWS ABOUT. U CAN PAY THE AUCTION MONEY TO CHECK THE CARS, BUT THEY CHECK MOSTLY FOR ENGINE AND TRANS LEAKS AND NOISE THEY DONT ACTUALLY LOOK FOR IMPORTANT STUFF.. ALOT OF THE CARS BREAK ON UR WAY HOME FROM THE AUCTION. MOST ARE AS-IS...u have a 1% chance of getting lucky..

ding ding ding we have a winner
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 08:35 AM   #10
Joyrida
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoCouture View Post
ding ding ding we have a winner
+1

Ive brought from there UK branches twice, both cars only 6 months old, both fantastic deals

Crashed both of them ( not together LOL ), and found out they had been in serious accidents in their previous lives.

so be wary as with any auctions
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 10:47 AM   #11
canesr1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 Metallic Black

Quote:

Really? I have bought 5 cars from manheim auctions in the last 5 years. 2005 jeep wrangler, 2003 Jeep liberty, 2004 honda accord, 2005 ford explorer and 2007 honda crv. All of these cars had almost NO PROBLEMS at all. Some needed MINOR repairs.
Maybe I'm just very lucky???? maybe I should start playing the lottery?

If you know what you're doing and what to look for you can find GREAT value and great cars at manheim.

Bring your mechanic with you and have him check it out. If there is something major wrong with the car and they don't disclose it to you, then you have a few days to return it and get your money back.

Hey alanzthaking9 - where do you think dealers get their preowned inventory from? The dealers do buy from the auctions all the time, then they certify them and resell them on their lots. I know for a FACT that bmw dealers do buy and sell cars at manheim ALL THE TIME.

2007 E92 Metallic Black, Black interior, brushed aluminum, 6MT, Nav, 6FL, 20% ceramic tints, OEM Front Lip, Dinan Stage 2 Rev2, 19''s M6 Reps
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 12:23 PM   #12
alanzthaking9
alanzthaking9
United_States
Rep

Those dealers do that when i do my own thing.. Im not going to say where or how i get my cars. My dealership has nothing but cars with clean never repainted bodys and clean carfaxs. Nothing is wrong with any of my cars, most of them are covered under their own factory warrantees. ANOTHER THING AT MANHEIM AND OTHER PLACES IS MOST OF THE CARS FACTORY WARRANTEES ARE VOIDED FOR SOME REASON.AND YOU HAVE NO WAY OF KNOWING. MAYBE U ARE A LUCKY GUY. IM NOT SAYING THAT only 1% of the cars are good im being sarcastic. I KNOW THAT SOME CARS ARE ACTUALLY GOOD BUT MOST OF THE CARS ARE GARBAGE. DEALERS PUT SOMETHING CALLED BLUE DEVIL TO SEAL THE HEADGASKET. THE CAR LOOKS NICE AND GOOD U DRIVE IT HOME AND BOOM!..
Put it this way, the best way to get a good deal and a good car to flip is not buying it at manheim or anywhere like that go to iaai. com its an insurance auction with better deals and some cars that an easy fix.
If you want to buy at manheim or Adesa dont stand in the lane that used car dealers are selling cars. Stand in Fleet Lanes, BMW Financial, MERCEDES FINANCIAL,Chase, Valley National Bank. Those are the best.
The only problem with those is that sometimes they will tell u car doesnt start, Somone may have taken out the computers. or a bad head, or a bad engine. Somtimes u may be lucky and it could be a car with a bad starter, But those cars are like 2006 330i's at prices of like 11,000$ with only 55000mi. They somtimes just need to get rid of the cars
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 12:29 PM   #13
alanzthaking9
alanzthaking9
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesr1 View Post
Really? I have bought 5 cars from manheim auctions in the last 5 years. 2005 jeep wrangler, 2003 Jeep liberty, 2004 honda accord, 2005 ford explorer and 2007 honda crv. All of these cars had almost NO PROBLEMS at all. Some needed MINOR repairs.
Maybe I'm just very lucky???? maybe I should start playing the lottery?

If you know what you're doing and what to look for you can find GREAT value and great cars at manheim.

Bring your mechanic with you and have him check it out. If there is something major wrong with the car and they don't disclose it to you, then you have a few days to return it and get your money back.

Hey alanzthaking9 - where do you think dealers get their preowned inventory from? The dealers do buy from the auctions all the time, then they certify them and resell them on their lots. I know for a FACT that bmw dealers do buy and sell cars at manheim ALL THE TIME.
ITs not all Manheim AUCTIONS, I was referring Mostly to MAnheim NY METRO SKYLINE (garbage) and Manheim in Bordentown(gotta hit it on a good day) You havent been there as much as i have to see what i see.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 12:53 PM   #14
mylydiamy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i e93 convertible

Quote:
ITs not all Manheim AUCTIONS, I was referring Mostly to MAnheim NY METRO SKYLINE (garbage) and Manheim in Bordentown(gotta hit it on a good day) You havent been there as much as i have to see what i see.
I aggree with u that NY METRO SKYLINE is garbage and Manheim in Bordentown is hit or miss. I bougth 4 cars from Bordentown and 3 were fantastic cars with incredible deals (I guess I had 3 good days) and one the other one turned out be piece of junk
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 05:09 PM   #15
ililillilillilil
Banned
Rep

a lot of mixed reviews.
what makes these cars garbage in your oppinion??

it's not hard to tell if it had painted repairs.

times are hard and people had to give up new and well maintained cars.

before i got my e92 335x i found one for private sale by a mid aged lady with an e92 335x manual blk on blk, sport, grey poplar,spoiler, 20% tints and mint paint ( hot car ). she lost her job and had to sell. the only problem was she put $ down on a lease and wanted half the down payment for me to take it over. i only do $0 down on leases

getting to the point-- im sure that cars in the same circumstances end up at Manheim
making it a good opportunity to buy.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 06:31 PM   #16
exclusivo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: race car

Quote:
+1
I got my car in the BMW Financial lane, it was off-lease with warranty good until next year (already been in for oil, brakes and had windows actuators replaced). we checked car fax before, test drove, and used that metal detector thing to check for bondo. everything checked out ok, and car is still running with no problems. my SA even gave me the service history telling me it was always serviced on time with no probs. Just do your hw, or go with a mechanic; my friend, who actually bid on the car for me has bought many luxury cars from Manheim without any problems.

** I forgot to mention this was at Manheim, Pennyslvania. Im sure the cars there must be in better condition than the ones in NY
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 06:34 PM   #17
gtrokin330
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: TT

Smh, and i was gonna buy an E60 M5 from an auction.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 09:01 PM   #18
328i
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E46 ///M

If you're considering it, then a paint thickness gauge would be a sound investment. My friend bought a CPO GTI and turns out it was in a major collision, carfax on it came up clean.
      07-09-2009, 12:18 AM   #19
alanzthaking9
alanzthaking9
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemmegetatthat View Post
+1
I got my car in the BMW Financial lane, it was off-lease with warranty good until next year (already been in for oil, brakes and had windows actuators replaced). we checked car fax before, test drove, and used that metal detector thing to check for bondo. everything checked out ok, and car is still running with no problems. my SA even gave me the service history telling me it was always serviced on time with no probs. Just do your hw, or go with a mechanic; my friend, who actually bid on the car for me has bought many luxury cars from Manheim without any problems.

** I forgot to mention this was at Manheim, Pennyslvania. Im sure the cars there must be in better condition than the ones in NY
thats where i would buy a car to keep for myself. Those cars are good. Pennsylvania is good but you really have to stay away from ny and nj
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2009, 12:20 AM   #20
alanzthaking9
alanzthaking9
United_States
Rep

i was looking at cars today i found a bmw with 6600 miles on it in the presale run list. TITLE ABSENT. i run a car fax. the last odometer reading was 14600 as of september 2008? tell me thats not some garbage right there
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2009, 11:35 AM   #21
canesr1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 Metallic Black

Quote:
thats where i would buy a car to keep for myself. Those cars are good. Pennsylvania is good but you really have to stay away from ny and nj
That's where I go. manheim in pa is good if you know what to look for. I've also been to bordentown a few times and so far have had no issues at all.
I'll be sure to stay away from NY!

2007 E92 Metallic Black, Black interior, brushed aluminum, 6MT, Nav, 6FL, 20% ceramic tints, OEM Front Lip, Dinan Stage 2 Rev2, 19''s M6 Reps
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2009, 05:15 PM   #22
ililillilillilil
Banned
Rep

PA is huge. thats the only one I've been to but NJ has most of the BMWs from what i see on the site. stay away from NJ?? why?
Appreciate 0