E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Rough Idle, stumbling rpms

06-05-2021, 04:02 AM   #397
renoir408
France
Rep
Drives: 335ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saif2018 View Post
They are pre gapped, they're not supposed to be gapped.

Your masking the problem and those plugs probably won't last long.
I agree with you. Maybe the plugs will not support this gap for a long period, but is the first time that I’m happy with my car.

This weekend I will try a intermediate plug gap to see the impact.

Sincerely the last 3 months I have tried all that was possible with the support of bmw dealer with no results.

Someone else have a opinion on that? Regards.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2021, 05:04 AM   #398
Saif2018
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by renoir408 View Post
I agree with you. Maybe the plugs will not support this gap for a long period, but is the first time that I’m happy with my car.

This weekend I will try a intermediate plug gap to see the impact.

Sincerely the last 3 months I have tried all that was possible with the support of bmw dealer with no results.

Someone else have a opinion on that? Regards.
Have you got any logs?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2021, 10:48 AM   #399
renoir408
France
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saif2018 View Post
Have you got any logs?
I made some tours with the scanner logged and any misfires or other abnormal parameters showed.

Nb. I have a spark plug test and I can test and see the behavior of the spark before install it in the car. With the original gap the perf of the plug ridiculous. I will try to make a video with the original one and the adjusted gap.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2021, 03:29 PM   #400
renoir408
France
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by renoir408 View Post
I made some tours with the scanner logged and any misfires or other abnormal parameters showed.

Nb. I have a spark plug test and I can test and see the behavior of the spark before install it in the car. With the original gap the perf of the plug ridiculous. I will try to make a video with the original one and the adjusted gap.
UPDATE!
In the spark plugs bmw box it’s noted gap 0.7mm. For my surprise I measured 0.5mm for all my new plugs.

I still running with 0.9mm and the engine runs very smoothly after 300 km. I just inspected all the sparks and it’s very clean.
Appreciate 0