E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > advise on my 325D e92

01-15-2015, 03:52 PM   #1
mickyboy1
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E92

advise on my 325D e92

Hi everyone, I have owned the car for a few months now. the DPF has been an issue since I bought it the previous owned explained a regen did not help. I read this forum and took the risk to purchase it with the intention of a dpf delete and remap.

every since I have owned the car the dpf warning has come on after 10 minutes and I have just cleared it by pressing the idrive button.

yesterday I had the dpf delete performed and the remap.

however a new fault is now being displayed on the idrive screen.

Engine fault! Reduced power

This is from start up and seems to go after a few minutes of driving. I read my codes today and I have glow plug 5 and glow plug 6 showing as fault codes.

can anyone confirm the warning im seeing on start up is directly related to the glow plugs 5 and 6?

PS I did did nicely while the warning was on the screen but when it went I did put my food down and it clearly has more power than prior to the remap.
Also the glow plug code were there before the remap so its not the remap or dpf delete that has caused the glow plugs to show faults.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2015, 05:34 AM   #2
mickyboy1
Private
Rep

Can anyone confirm if the engine fault! reduced power warning message is directly related to glow plugs?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2015, 06:19 AM   #3
dy63
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30

i highly doubt its related to glow plugs mate...

who done your remap and dpf delete?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2015, 07:13 AM   #4
mickyboy1
Private
Rep

Hi thanks for the reply, I had the remap done by a local mobile remap guy with a god rep, and the dpf also done by a local place that has done many before. they work with each other.

The remap guy is coming to mine on Saturday morning to investigate, he plans to put original map back on as he says this will see if it is the tune that is causing the engine fault to come on. I guess with the original tune it should show the glow plugs as it does now but will also show DPF warnings as now the DPF is empty (mechanically) if the engine fault is present with the stock tune on then I will go to see the people who did the DPF removal.

Its all rather concerning as the car never had this issue before the DPF and remap (the only fault that came on the car was the DPF after 10 minutes of driving)
Appreciate 0