E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > *The Official P90x Progress/Motivation Thread*

03-11-2010, 08:22 PM   #265
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, i just started (day 3, arms, shoulders and abs). that was so tough, but i stuck with it and i feel great. i've never been excited to work out, this is awesome
Ahh the humbling effect lol, we've all experienced it!

Just keep it up and never give up

add me to the list as well, thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2010, 09:11 PM   #266
McMuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Widebody 92

BimmerPost / P90x transformation challenge participants list: WINNER GETS 5 BUCKS FROM EACH OF THE PARTICIPANTS!!!!
1. McMuffin
2. Import36
3. TTexan
4. .:bhd.:
5. leocdmg
6. Garduna

Lets keep em coming
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2010, 09:15 PM   #267
.:bHd:.
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i MT

So how soon did you guys start seeing results. Im starting phase 2 on monday and would say my body hasnt changed all that much. I feel a lot stronger though

Appreciate 0
      03-11-2010, 09:20 PM   #268
TTexan
Verizon Expert
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 JB 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:bHd:. View Post
So how soon did you guys start seeing results. Im starting phase 2 on monday and would say my body hasnt changed all that much. I feel a lot stronger though
Keep it up man!

Just got done with Shoulders and Arms, feeling pretty "swollen."

Made it through most of Ab Ripper without as many breaks, woo!

Any suggestions on substituting Plyo day? I have downstairs neighbors and they do not seem to like me hopping around on one leg...
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2010, 09:25 PM   #269
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: m

Garage List
haha im not posting up my ass on here. But im using p90x to build some muscle and for cardio because I think im too skinny right now.

My girlfriend is on month 2 while i skipped a bunch of days due to a busy and stressful schedule. She was already skinny but with a flat stomach. Now she is getting a six pack. Im not sure if I like it or not.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2010, 10:02 PM   #270
McMuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTexan View Post

Any suggestions on substituting Plyo day? I have downstairs neighbors and they do not seem to like me hopping around on one leg...
Lmao. This made me crack up. Sorry man don't have an answer for you. Guess they'll just have to live with it for the next 90 days!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2010, 10:12 PM   #271
McMuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowess Symphony View Post
haha im not posting up my ass on here. But im using p90x to build some muscle and for cardio because I think im too skinny right now.

My girlfriend is on month 2 while i skipped a bunch of days due to a busy and stressful schedule. She was already skinny but with a flat stomach. Now she is getting a six pack. Im not sure if I like it or not.
As long as she doesn't start packing more muscle than you, your alright!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2010, 10:17 PM   #272
McMuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

What do your MAIN MEALS consist of daily? I just got back from Costco and bought Alaskan salmon, Chicken breasts, egg beaters and ESS protein. Hope I don't get bored of the same stuff day after day!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2010, 11:03 PM   #273
TTexan
Verizon Expert
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMuffin View Post
What do your MAIN MEALS consist of daily? I just got back from Costco and bought Alaskan salmon, Chicken breasts, egg beaters and ESS protein. Hope I don't get bored of the same stuff day after day!
I've been doing a couple eggs and slices of turkey bacon in the morning with some whey protein.

Mid morning snack is a Cliff Bar.

Lunch is usually a chicken salad or wrap / or Tuna Fish Sandwiches.

Mid afternoon snack is usually carrots.

Dinner is a combo and alternating rotation of Fish / Chicken / Wild Rice / Veggies / Salad

More whey protein after workout.

Post dinner snack might be a slice of bread with peanut butter or pistachios.

Lots of water, beer habit is hard to kick.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2010, 11:33 PM   #274
McMuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTexan View Post
I've been doing a couple eggs and slices of turkey bacon in the morning with some whey protein.

Mid morning snack is a Cliff Bar.

Lunch is usually a chicken salad or wrap / or Tuna Fish Sandwiches.

Mid afternoon snack is usually carrots.

Dinner is a combo and alternating rotation of Fish / Chicken / Wild Rice / Veggies / Salad

More whey protein after workout.

Post dinner snack might be a slice of bread with peanut butter or pistachios.

Lots of water, beer habit is hard to kick.
Are you substituting the recovery drink with protein? I've been meaning to buy a recovery drink and might pick up Endurox R4. I'll be starting Monday.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2010, 12:32 AM   #275
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '04 330i ZHP

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [9.50]
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
been thinking about doing this... I did a similar program a few yrs back for just abs and it worked well but never made it past the 1st 45 days cuz it got boring. I'm sure I could stick with this since there is also lifting involved but I just don't want to give up playing basketball 3-4 days a week and know if I do this stuff I'll have absolutely no energy to do both.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2010, 11:00 AM   #276
burberry
Caffeine Addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
been thinking about doing this... I did a similar program a few yrs back for just abs and it worked well but never made it past the 1st 45 days cuz it got boring. I'm sure I could stick with this since there is also lifting involved but I just don't want to give up playing basketball 3-4 days a week and know if I do this stuff I'll have absolutely no energy to do both.
just when spring is around the corner.
      03-12-2010, 11:19 AM   #277
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by burberry View Post
just when spring is around the corner.
oh yeah totally works out perfectly cuz its just about 3 1/2 months till I move back to Chicago. But like I said, playing bball 3-4 times a week is a hard habit for me to kick. It's great cardio, I've estimated I'm buring between 750-1000 calories every time I play (1.5-2.5 hrs). I just don't see room for that in this program and I kinda wanna finish playing here (since its free) because I know when I move back its gonna be a lot harder cuz the gym isn't as close and its also $80 a month to join.

I usually do super sets with low weight when I lift (which from what I hear is the same kind of thing this does for you) but the problem is I have no direction when lifting so not much gets accomplished, I gravitate more to whatever is open or not crowded rather than a good system, and it'd be nice to have that with this. Plus since the weather was cold/snowy until last week, I would always drive to the rec and you have to pay for parking over there which I hate so I just lost motivation to go until after 5 when its free.

I might see if I can get a cheap copy of this and maybe just do some of the workouts on my off days. I'm not looking to get big or anything, just get cut and drop about 10-15 lbs in my gut and ass.

I'm gonna go check eBay and see if I can pick it up cheap and maybe a few 10-15lb dumbbells.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2010, 01:36 PM   #278
McMuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
oh yeah totally works out perfectly cuz its just about 3 1/2 months till I move back to Chicago. But like I said, playing bball 3-4 times a week is a hard habit for me to kick. It's great cardio, I've estimated I'm buring between 750-1000 calories every time I play (1.5-2.5 hrs). I just don't see room for that in this program and I kinda wanna finish playing here (since its free) because I know when I move back its gonna be a lot harder cuz the gym isn't as close and its also $80 a month to join.

I usually do super sets with low weight when I lift (which from what I hear is the same kind of thing this does for you) but the problem is I have no direction when lifting so not much gets accomplished, I gravitate more to whatever is open or not crowded rather than a good system, and it'd be nice to have that with this. Plus since the weather was cold/snowy until last week, I would always drive to the rec and you have to pay for parking over there which I hate so I just lost motivation to go until after 5 when its free.

I might see if I can get a cheap copy of this and maybe just do some of the workouts on my off days. I'm not looking to get big or anything, just get cut and drop about 10-15 lbs in my gut and ass.

I'm gonna go check eBay and see if I can pick it up cheap and maybe a few 10-15lb dumbbells.
I don't know what your day consists of, but you can definitely do this workout and play ball. Well maybe not the first few days of the workout cuz you'll be sore, but its manageable depending on your schedule.

My gf's brother would do p90x in the morning and run 3-6 miles three times a week. He was already in good shape tho.

I got my p90x on eBay and paid about 65-75 can't remember. You'll see people selling them for as low as 30-40 bux. Don't even bother trying to buy it cuz it will never be sent atleast that's what I experienced. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2010, 02:38 PM   #279
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Nissan GTR Black Edition

Quote:
for me:

breakfast = oatmeal or half bagel with fat free cream cheese (w/V8)
lunch = turkey sandwich on whole wheat and a yogurt
dinner = either salmon or chicken breasts (Costco rules!!), fresh veggies
snacks = fresh fruit or kashi granola bars.

Endurox R4 for my recovery drink.

Monday will be the start of Phase 2 for me...and honestly i can say i need to be more strict. I missed several workouts in Phase 1...and my diet slipped on a few weekends. so while i did see some results...it could have been better. I'm going to try to step up my game in Phase 2.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2010, 02:56 PM   #280
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
Quote:
I don't know what your day consists of, but you can definitely do this workout and play ball. Well maybe not the first few days of the workout cuz you'll be sore, but its manageable depending on your schedule.

My gf's brother would do p90x in the morning and run 3-6 miles three times a week. He was already in good shape tho.

I got my p90x on eBay and paid about 65-75 can't remember. You'll see people selling them for as low as 30-40 bux. Don't even bother trying to buy it cuz it will never be sent atleast that's what I experienced. Good luck!
cool thanks, I'll see how it goes. I guess my main concern isn't having enough energy (though I'm sure I won't at 1st) but more so having tight arm muscles and it throwing off my shot... I know it sounds stupid but whenever I lift the day before I play, my arms are so tight (and I try to stretch) that my shot feels really unnatural and not fluid. Whatever, I'll see how it goes and if not I'll just put it back up on eBay.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2010, 03:49 PM   #281
burberry
Caffeine Addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Quote:

my cousin hits the gym an hour a day and still bballs. not sure if your exercise routine is much longer and strenuous, but i think you can work it out.
      03-12-2010, 04:13 PM   #282
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by burberry View Post
my cousin hits the gym an hour a day and still bballs. not sure if your exercise routine is much longer and strenuous, but i think you can work it out.
hope so, I play hard for like 2-3 hrs like 3-4 times a week. If I start this up I'm sure that will go down significantly. Pertaining to the lifting (when I do cuz I usually go in spurts of like a week or 10 days worth then not for like 3 weeks again) I'm doing superset workouts, 5 sets of 20 reps on easy weight and doing about 10-12 different workouts/machines. Its similar to like the Wolverine/300 workouts but its probably the massive amount of reps I'm doing that tighten me up.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2010, 05:08 PM   #283
TTexan
Verizon Expert
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Are you substituting the recovery drink with protein? I've been meaning to buy a recovery drink and might pick up Endurox R4. I'll be starting Monday.
Well my "recovery" drink has always been protein. I don't know what the other options are, I just know this typically works for me!
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2010, 05:27 PM   #284
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by import36 View Post
for me:

breakfast = oatmeal or half bagel with fat free cream cheese (w/V8)
lunch = turkey sandwich on whole wheat and a yogurt
dinner = either salmon or chicken breasts (Costco rules!!), fresh veggies
snacks = fresh fruit or kashi granola bars.

Endurox R4 for my recovery drink.
this sounds great, i think i'll try it
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2010, 05:30 PM   #285
TTexan
Verizon Expert
United_States
Rep

Here is tonight's dinner: Habanero and Peach Salsa Marinated Salmon and Wild Rice
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-12-2010, 09:06 PM   #286
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

lol dinner of champions! It looks quite delicous! FOr me, I'd swap out the habanero for some garden salad /w balsamic vinegrette with a dash of honey. Add a desert after of yogurt + fruits and load up on that water again hehe.
Appreciate 0