E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Vargas turbo upgrade

04-12-2014, 11:31 PM   #45
ChuckWow
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by marCOCOpuffs View Post
What are you guys so up in arms about? There's data on his website and on other forums... Do you want it stickied here? There's even a 135i in Vegas with this turbo... Why don't you ask him how he likes it? Yeah, Tony has some questionable forum etiquette but who the hell cares? You should really take advantage of all forums before you assume (and bash) that there is no empirical data to support his turbo set up. Is the onus on him to provide dyno sheets of all his customer's cars? This is getting ridiculous.

http://performance.vargasturbo.com/v...e-on-the-dyno/

Now that you see the data will you buy one?
I was just trying to find out what's going on. Nothing personal.
And if I had to read every forum out there, I'd have to quit my job. As far as I'm concerned, its the vendors' job to try and get the info as far reaching as they can for their product, with proven and reliable results. It has been several months since I've seen any update on the product. And I'm not technically inclined enough to be one of the 'guinea pigs'. So..... I'll just wait and see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knobi View Post
It is obvious that your resources are limited to this forum. All of your questions have been answered before.
1- The "project" with BMS was completed long time ago
2- The upgrade could run on pump gas. However, the gain in terms of whp would be minimum. E85 & Meth are required for maximum gains as of now.
3- Yes, JB4 is the main tune at the moment with other Tuners already working with this upgrade.
4- "Dr N55" which is BMS VTT Stage 2 Car is running strong and still holding the world title for Best N55 Quarter Mile.
5- Upgrade is able to hit ~20psi in the midrange and hold ~18psi @ 6000rpm

I understand now why vendors opt to ignore some posts on this forum.
Do your research, make your inquires directly via email, you shouldn't bash nor base your comments on forum threads.
It would be nice if the vendor would come on this forum and state something concrete, not just a rumor here and rumor there and everyone having different information. As far as I know, this forum has the most N55 owners, and not only that, ones that are interested in more power. What other forum has or should have more info than what is on here?

If they can't do that to promote and sell something that costs in the $$Thousands, then I can't spend my hard earned money.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 03:56 PM   #46
MNick
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 335is

It would be nice to see some concrete evidence on this thread, like you said. However, I would not base my decision to spend $5-6,000 on a forum post from a vendor… The guy who bought the upgrades might have a less bias opinion.

The GTX 3076 is reasonable upgrade, VTT has two options available using this. There is a guy who lives in Vegas that has done this on a 135. You should contact him directly. Maybe you can have the same shop do the upgrade, etc...

Wagner EVO II C | Akarpovic SS Evolution Exhaust | Cp-e DPs | Koni | CV5F Forgestar et 32/38 on 255/35/19 & 275/35/19 | DW400 | Swift spec R | N20 sensor | PB Valve Cover | GCL | M3 control arms | JE forged piston kit | Carillo forged rods | Ported Head | F80 DMFW

Last edited by MNick; 04-18-2014 at 07:54 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2014, 09:14 AM   #47
shmorgan77
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3
Vargas has two problems. An unrealistic price point and an unrealistic attitude.
+100000
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2014, 12:53 PM   #48
umut335i
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i Convertible 2007

I Bought some stage 2s from him recently just waiting on delivery. Hopefully he's still about :-P
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2014, 01:01 PM   #49
Tony@vargasturbotech
Banned
Rep
Drives: N54

No idea what is going on here, we are available 5 days week 8-5 via phone, I am usually available 7 days a week via email and normally respond on the weekends much to my GF's dismay. If anyone has any questions about anything, its very easy to get them answered with a call or email, that people think we need to come post an update every pre determined period of time to keep them happy is unreasonable, the N55 upgrade is a very tiny piece of the pie we are working on. To delve a little more into that piece of the pie, we now have over 20 N55 BB upgrades shipped throughout the world, with tuning ranging from Cobb to JB4, people are working hard to get them where they should be and I am sure will begin posting results soon, but honestly the tuning is still being learned but I can tell you 100% that PTF is making huge strides in the N55 tuning world. We also now have N55 stage 1's upgrades in stock and shipping, with our first unit shipped this week. Thanks for the interest
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2014, 11:36 PM   #50
-Wingman-
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNick View Post
It would be nice to see some concrete evidence on this thread, like you said. However, I would not base my decision to spend $5-6,000 on a forum post from a vendor… The guy who bought the upgrades might have a less bias opinion.

The GTX 3076 is reasonable upgrade, VTT has two options available using this. There is a guy who lives in Vegas that has done this on a 135. You should contact him directly. Maybe you can have the same shop do the upgrade, etc...
On an n55 135? Interesting. Still waiting on someone to bolt up a 6262 or a 6466 on their n55.
Appreciate 0