E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > REVIEW: Johnny's Auto Body and **********s.com E92 M3 sideskirts

06-26-2011, 10:34 PM   #1
slimmie
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 JB e92 335i

REVIEW: Johnny's Auto Body and **********s.com E92 M3 sideskirts

This will be my 2 in 1 review of both:

**********s.com E92 M3 Sideskirts

Johnny's Auto Body (ask for Arthur)
4865 Lankershim Blvd
North Hollywood, CA 91601
Neighborhood: North Hollywood

First off.. I purchased the e92 M3 sideskirts rep off **********s.com when they were having a group buy discount. Bottom line, the fitment is perfect and everything was just at it was advertised.

The only thing I had to do after purchasing was to get them painted. I asked on the boards for a reputable shop to do this when I was contacted by Arthur at Johnny's Auto Body. The price he quoted me was 100$ less than the place I was planning on getting it painted at. I was reluctant to paint through Johnny's Auto Body because I figured the low price meant cost cutting procedures and lower quality, but, luckily this was not the case. Arthur assured me that OEM paint was used and that even the local dealership sources Johnny's Auto Body for work on their vehicles. I was relieved that this was the case.

So I took drove on by to Johnny's Auto Body thinking this was going to be a simple drop off of the part, and simply telling them that it was JB. Noooooooo, Arthur and his painter took extra care to make sure it was the correct JB, since there are many different types of JB's depending on which factory the car is made. He pulled out several different swatches of JB to match perfectly to the JB on my car. I was surprised to see how different each JB was and extra time was spent making sure that the correct JB will be applied to the sideskirt. There wasnt enough swatches to get a perfect match so we picked the closest one available, and their expert painter did some adjustment to that paint to get it looking EXACTLY spot on. Supposedly there is some yellow in my JB and the swatch was a tad lighter than my car, so the painter said he would add a little more black to get it exact.

So when I picked up the part, the part was flawless. There was no swirls on part which I was worried about, after reading several stories on the board of improper buffing techniques being applied by body shops after painting a part. Thank god because Im very anal when it comes to swirling. After install of the part, which btw was perfect fitment, I was glad to see that the paint was an exact match and that everything was fine. Installation was a breeze and I have no technical car experience at all. Just read the simple DIY's that fellow board members have posted.

Now on to the pictures:

Door Jam picture

Front Fitment

Rear Fitment

Thanks for reading!
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2011, 12:42 PM   #2
gr1mmj0w
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 E90

Good Job, I love these guys.
Did such good work on my car
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2011, 01:32 PM   #3
darkevo
Commander
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d MSport, 2012 Volt

great work, I want to do the same thing, how much? PM if you don't want to post.

thanks!
Appreciate 0