E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Inception

07-19-2010, 03:48 PM   #23
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

don't want to spoil. refer to pm
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2010, 04:10 PM   #24
radix
you know he kills little girls like you
No_Country
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aija View Post

might have been wobbly but remember...gravitational force impacts the objects in the other layer just like when hes talking to .... in the hotel .....where the gravitational force is taking place while they were chatting....
More important than that are the position, clothing, and age of the children. Those are the strongest clues the viewer has IMO. I'm not going to say what the answer is as I don't want to spoil the movie.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2010, 04:15 PM   #25
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Sorry guys, I meant that it was left open because they didn't want to give you a definitive ending (letting the viewer figure it out on their own), not for a sequel. I can see it now... "PAUL WALKER & CHRIS 'LUDACRIS' BRIDGES IN...... 'INCEPTION 2: DREAM-CATCHERS.'"

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2010, 04:17 PM   #26
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
If you're poking around in a thread titled "inception" and aren't expecting spoilers you probably took a very short bus to school.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2010, 05:42 PM   #27
dillon733
Major
Rep
Drives: Jet Black e92 M3

amazing movie!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2010, 07:11 PM   #28
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by radix View Post
age of the children.
This is exactly what tipped it for me
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2010, 10:33 PM   #29
bluespeed117
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

Garage List
2007 e90 328i  [0.00]
im gonna have to watch this movie again. Imax time!
      07-19-2010, 11:02 PM   #30
ChaneRZ
If You Aint First, You're last !!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 BMW 335i, 01 Honda Prelude

liked it!

08 BMW BSM 335i 6MT (Sports, Premium, NAV, PDC, AS, IPOD, HD Radio, Rear Sunshade, OEM Alarm) Angel iBright V3, Luminics Fog Bulb, Turbo Tuner, K&N Drop in Filter, Dinan Exhaust, Dinan Pedals, Vorsteiner CF Front Lip, and CF Rear Diffuser. Ordered:08/25/07 Started: 09/09/07 Finished: 09/14/07 On Ship: 09/15/07 Arrived: 10/08/07 Delivered: 10/10/07
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2010, 12:05 AM   #31
SoCali E36
BMW Client Advisor
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 40e/e36 M3 Sedan

I saw it it was great
      07-20-2010, 12:23 AM   #32
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

just came from seeing it

it was amazing

love the way they ended it

i want to see it again
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2010, 04:27 AM   #33
GuyOh
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 LB M2 / 2020 X5 40i

Garage List
2016 BMW M2  [10.00]
2020 Bmw X5 40i  [0.00]
wow, just wow, speechless after the movie, it literally BLEW MY MIND!!!!!!

i seriously think only dumb people will not like this movie!!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2010, 08:55 PM   #34
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 LCI

I found the movie incredibly well written, shot, and polished. A lot of movies that attempt to fuse several story lines into a movie usually don't succeed. But Inception was just a mental masterpiece!

I didn't find the movie confusing, everything was presented very clean and straight forward. The whole confusion that many people talk about is the end scene.

GO WATCH THIS MOVIE!! Saying it was an "EXCELLENT FILM" really doesn't give it justice.

*************** SPOILER ALERT DO NOT CONTINUE *************************

Reality or Limbo: I think he woke up in Reality, and not Limbo. My reasoning is that the entire last scene was filmed with a very "different" emotion. It didn't feel like any of the other scenes where DiCaprio was entering his memories. It felt genuine and real. It's like when DiCaprio (sorry, I've entirely forgotten his character's name, the movie was too interesting haha) was telling his pseudo-dead-wife that she was no where near being his real wife, just his "attempt". The last scene just felt like the real deal.

And on top of that, I believe the kids were dressed different and positioned different (but correct me if I'm wrong). It was the first time where I noticed that the kids were not in the same positions over and over again.

Also, when he spun the top on the table it started to wobble near the end. Never in any of the other scenes had the top wobbled in dream land. Never.

Things that confused me, at first: But, I also questioned how he could have survived the van being submerged in water, thinking he died in the Van and thus wound up in Limbo. But then I remembered that time was compounded and lengthened exponentially, especially since they were in the last "state phase", which allows the characters plenty of time to reawaken through each level before they died drowning in the car, and then reawakening once more on the plane.

Everything seems to support the idea that he's alive and with his children, and not in Limbo. I'm open to anyone's opinion though, as some of the stuff I mentioned above might be incorrect due to memory.

Things I didn't like:

1) I really agree with the comments about Ellen Page not being able to fill her character like the others. I felt she didn't deliver her character across believably enough. Everyone else was spot on though.

2) I hate how there are so many similarities between this movie and Shutter Island. Especially on the ending. I'm not sure if Chris Nolan took inspiration from Martin Scorsese's Shutter Island, or if DiCaprio influenced the movie direction. I also hate how DiCaprio KIND OF mimics his acting done in Shutter Island.
      07-21-2010, 08:58 PM   #35
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
just came from seeing it
hmmm...??
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2010, 09:08 PM   #36
ChaneRZ
If You Aint First, You're last !!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 BMW 335i, 01 Honda Prelude

^^^ he's dreaming lol

08 BMW BSM 335i 6MT (Sports, Premium, NAV, PDC, AS, IPOD, HD Radio, Rear Sunshade, OEM Alarm) Angel iBright V3, Luminics Fog Bulb, Turbo Tuner, K&N Drop in Filter, Dinan Exhaust, Dinan Pedals, Vorsteiner CF Front Lip, and CF Rear Diffuser. Ordered:08/25/07 Started: 09/09/07 Finished: 09/14/07 On Ship: 09/15/07 Arrived: 10/08/07 Delivered: 10/10/07
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2010, 09:21 PM   #37
bluespeed117
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 e90 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanity View Post
I found the movie incredibly well written, shot, and polished. A lot of movies that attempt to fuse several story lines into a movie usually don't succeed. But Inception was just a mental masterpiece!

I didn't find the movie confusing, everything was presented very clean and straight forward. The whole confusion that many people talk about is the end scene.

GO WATCH THIS MOVIE!! Saying it was an "EXCELLENT FILM" really doesn't give it justice.

*************** SPOILER ALERT DO NOT CONTINUE *************************

Reality or Limbo: I think he woke up in Reality, and not Limbo. My reasoning is that the entire last scene was filmed with a very "different" emotion. It didn't feel like any of the other scenes where DiCaprio was entering his memories. It felt genuine and real. It's like when DiCaprio (sorry, I've entirely forgotten his character's name, the movie was too interesting haha) was telling his pseudo-dead-wife that she was no where near being his real wife, just his "attempt". The last scene just felt like the real deal.

And on top of that, I believe the kids were dressed different and positioned different (but correct me if I'm wrong). It was the first time where I noticed that the kids were not in the same positions over and over again.

Also, when he spun the top on the table it started to wobble near the end. Never in any of the other scenes had the top wobbled in dream land. Never.

Things that confused me, at first: But, I also questioned how he could have survived the van being submerged in water, thinking he died in the Van and thus wound up in Limbo. But then I remembered that time was compounded and lengthened exponentially, especially since they were in the last "state phase", which allows the characters plenty of time to reawaken through each level before they died drowning in the car, and then reawakening once more on the plane.

Everything seems to support the idea that he's alive and with his children, and not in Limbo. I'm open to anyone's opinion though, as some of the stuff I mentioned above might be incorrect due to memory.

Things I didn't like:

1) I really agree with the comments about Ellen Page not being able to fill her character like the others. I felt she didn't deliver her character across believably enough. Everyone else was spot on though.

2) I hate how there are so many similarities between this movie and Shutter Island. Especially on the ending. I'm not sure if Chris Nolan took inspiration from Martin Scorsese's Shutter Island, or if DiCaprio influenced the movie direction. I also hate how DiCaprio KIND OF mimics his acting done in Shutter Island.

I will put an end to the whole reality vs dream

SPOILER ALERT
-------------------------

During every scene where Cob is in the dream world, he has his wedding ring on. I saw it again today and followed every dream scene and saw the ring every time. WHen he wasnt in the dream world, he didnt have his ring on. At the very end of the movie, he doesnt have the ring on.
Don't believe me? Some of the first few shots in the movie clearly want you to see that hes married and that he has the ring on. When he is eating whatever he is eating in the beginning, he has his fists facing the camera with the ring being lit. The ring is key to showing reality vs dream.
      07-21-2010, 10:28 PM   #38
ponch_ki
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: cars

heres a good link about a discussion with Inception's Dileep Rao:

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment...o_answers.html
      07-21-2010, 10:43 PM   #39
choicez
Major
Rep
Drives: you mad

Great movie and I will watch again.

However, my only gripe in the movie is in the end when Fischer wakes up in the airplane. Wouldn't he be shocked that everyone in his cabin was in his dream saving his life, especially Cobb (Leonardo)? He should be scratching his head like it was a deja vu and recognizing everyone's face. He didn't even flinch at anyone and especially when he made eye contact with Cobb at the baggage claim.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2010, 01:08 AM   #40
335iheLLraiseR
اوليسيس
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335

Garage List
2007 e92 335  [10.00]
Im a firm believer that the entire movie was a dream and Page was actually Cobbs grown up daughter brought in by Caine at her request to find out what really happened to Mol (her mom).

I cannot believe that the ending is genuine for the simple fact that the kids have not aged a day.
Anyone who can transition seamlessly from defending one vendor and bashing another vendor to bashing the one he formally defended and defending the one he formally bashed has a instant credibility problem.
<---Sign up Now for Bonus Storage! Up to 10gb!
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2010, 01:24 AM   #41
335iheLLraiseR
اوليسيس
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335

Garage List
2007 e92 335  [10.00]
has anybody else realized that the whole idea of "inception" is exactly what Nolan did to us with the movie? How many theories have been spawned?
Anyone who can transition seamlessly from defending one vendor and bashing another vendor to bashing the one he formally defended and defending the one he formally bashed has a instant credibility problem.
<---Sign up Now for Bonus Storage! Up to 10gb!
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2010, 01:33 AM   #42
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iheLLraiseR View Post
Im a firm believer that the entire movie was a dream and Page was actually Cobbs grown up daughter brought in by Caine at her request to find out what really happened to Mol (her mom).

I cannot believe that the ending is genuine for the simple fact that the kids have not aged a day.
Hrmmm, I've never actually looked at it from that point of view. It might explain WHY Page kept asking DiCaprio so many questions and ran to the elevator to hit the Bottom floor in DiCaprio's memories.

Quote:
has anybody else realized that the whole idea of "inception" is exactly what Nolan did to us with the movie? How many theories have been spawned?
That just made me shit brix.
      07-22-2010, 01:52 AM   #43
ghosthi32
Banned
Rep
Drives: Water camel

i need to watch this damn movie again...
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2010, 01:53 AM   #44
bluespeed117
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 e90 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Which is why this movie is so genius!