E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > Where are the cool mods?

12-18-2013, 11:30 PM   #45
AW335OME
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E90 M3, F80 M3

Yeah I really don't understand what you're getting at because the e90/e92 is pretty much dated now and the general crowd is mainly people who just acquired their cars and just beginning to mod. It's all the same shit you've seen before and you're probably better off going into the F30 section to see some fresh new ideas on the newer cars

Appreciate 0
      12-19-2013, 01:08 AM   #46
Taran.J
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, LEX, MBZ, RAM, TESLA

For me personally I get a small euro for my daily and to do mods and other crap I wanna do to them. As for my Merc's I leave them alone except for ECU tunes, wheels, and tints of course.

It's all based on personal preference and money you're willing to spend and as the "throwback" community the e9x platform now will go through it's "RICE" days for three years until the LCI F3x comes out and most jump over to CPO F3x's and by then the "kids" buying the e9x cars will run out of money on mods and maintenance on these cars since most work needs to be coded and registered so they'll switch back to their Hondas and we'll be respected once again like our e46 brethren.

Dark days are upon us, but soon the dust will settle and the strong will stand out and proud.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2013, 02:57 AM   #47
DC_Oldboy
Q(*.*)-D Q-(^.~Q)
United_States
Rep
Drives: like an old person.

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [8.48]
Quote:
Originally Posted by edirtaynine View Post
cuz all the e9x's are dropping in price and kids are picking them up and doing ghetto mods... and if u dislike their mods, you become a hater. and theyll tell you "haters gonna hate" or some retarded shit like that.
I LOL'd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .. View Post
Have all the guys that modded their cars moved on?
Save for a few guys (n54mike,lacster,psmitty,tee...., etc) all I see in here are stock cars with bullshit plastidip or some other lame mod. About a year ago there were some exciting mods. Is it because Creaminz is gone that no one is trying anymore, or is it because the demographic changed with the used car market?
It's a little bit of everything (age, E9X getting affordable, personal taste, income and etc.). Basically it all comes down to if you have the money to spend on mods, except for those who aren't into it or can't for personal reasons. IMO, some of the younger crowd (newer members) with less money or on a budget are more likely to do ghetto mods.

But not to hurt anyone's feelings, I bought my car used as well 4 years ago. Still doesn't mean you can't tastefully mod your car fools.
      12-19-2013, 07:58 AM   #48
JAL0988
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i, 2022 X5 M50i

I think more people have moved onto performance mods. My car has no cosmetic mods (except painted reflectors) but I'm FBO and looking into upgraded turbos. I personally like the sleeper look. I think the next wave is pushing the n54/n55 platforms to see just how far they can go. If you take a look into the n54 section there is some great/exciting material on builds from Vishnu, Vargas, PTF, etc.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2013, 08:36 AM   #49
_Sinister_
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Very Slow

I think BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH WHO GIVES A SHIT!!
      12-19-2013, 08:41 AM   #50
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sinister_
I think BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH WHO GIVES A SHIT!!
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2013, 09:43 AM   #51
monkawekrue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: f25 X3 AW

Garage List
im still here with no more e90/e92. just creeping cuz this community is pretty funny in general and there's always something interesting going on here. just like the e46f community, f25 community, stance works community, etc, etc. i just creep creep creepin'.

i someday move back to an e9x, just cuz i miss the boost. the wife's f25 doesnt quite do it for me. eh, may just boost the e46. we shall see

much love for this scene though.

12-19-2013, 09:48 AM   #52
JJ.
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 JB 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRock3d View Post
Because now we spend it on maintenance instead
HAaa, true... or bought an extended warranty and use this car as a daily driver with a stock drivetrain
Appreciate 0