E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Cheap Exotic Cabs...

07-08-2009, 06:09 AM   #89
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: Merc diesel

Garage List
Matt, you're just a tight arsed Tyke & want something for n'owt

Seriously though, I keep 'a breast' of used car prices and some marques are going back up in value.

The new E class Merc is now out so the old model will be coming down in price - can just see you wafting along in an E class...........no.........ok
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 06:13 AM   #90
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

I may be a big lardy bastard, but I dont want my car to be a big lardy bastard too!!

lol...

I dunno, I guess I wanted the Z4M, then the one in Cheshire got sold, and the one in Leeds is a right shed - so now I have spat the dummy out!

The Boxster S is a great car, and whilst its 100% the prestige of the marque it comes from, I didnt feel especially special in it as I said.

I think its a class car, no doubt its as good as it could possibly be - but the one I drove which I may or may not have mentioned was up for 38k...

There is just no way its a 38k car....

And, regards your cheeky comment wee lassie, I dont think anyone who is about to begin what I am terming 'phase 2' of modifications is a tight ar$e as you will soon find out!!!

Matt
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 06:25 AM   #91
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: Merc diesel

Garage List
You big daft bugger lol............look forward to Phase 2 and your slack arse then ha, ha.

Trouble with buying from the OPC is that the prices are at the top end but then you get the warranties and back up etc. Know what you mean about whether a car feels the money or not though. You've still got a lot of driving years left Matt so who knows what the future holds eh!
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 06:40 AM   #92
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport

Hey Matt,

Not read the whole thread but just wanted to say something positive re: your first post.

Your 26 and have the money to run a 335d and buy a £20k piece of exotica. Almost everyone in the UK would be envious of that on paper, so whatever shite life deals remember that your doing pretty well in other areas.. You win some you lose some.. Just hope the tables turn on the crap stuff sooner rather than later.

Anyway, personally: I'd DEFINITELY say Z4M out of the cars in budget personally. Love the Z4M

ps did you fit your blackline lights yet?
      07-08-2009, 06:58 AM   #93
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

Yeah I know, maybe I should wait until a 911 Turbo Cab is going to be acceptable to my company as a car allowance, and just run one car lol!!!

As it happens, I feel ok about just having the 335D now - having been experimenting a lot more with it of late, I feel like its a new car to some extent!

Cheers for the message MEGA - no blacklines as yet, but there will be soon!!

I have had some minor victories of late. The hippie at the top of the street has been quashed for one, as has my uncles restriction to sell my grans house that we inherited a few years ago.

My mum is now undergoing chemo, so its just a waiting game there - sadly no amount of money can make that any better, only the fact that we know its one thing we dont have to worry about in terms of care and treatment etc.

Matt
Appreciate 0