Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > What color wheels for Alpine white e90?

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

08-31-2012, 12:37 PM   #23
phillye30fanboy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Mustang EB PP, 86 Notch

Quote:
Originally Posted by woptang22 View Post
My current wheels are black in the center. So Im just looking for a fun set off wheels that the color will stand out. Something different.
just noticed your from philly 215 whatts upppp hahah how bout orange, i think pretty much anything neon or neonish is pretty neat, if your interested in any of these but not sure what they'll look like just post a couple pics of your car or DM me and i can whip up something for you in photoshop

or white te37 volks HOTTTT
      08-31-2012, 12:42 PM   #24
woptang22
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillye30fanboy View Post
just noticed your from philly 215 whatts upppp hahah how bout orange, i think pretty much anything neon or neonish is pretty neat

Hey man whats going on? Im actually about 15 minutes north of philly in Bristol Pa. But pretty close to you. The orange is pretty cool also. My buddy is selling avant garde 310s off his e46 M3 for dirt cheap and I want to buy them. Im just not sure if the rears will fit. Seems as if it will be very aggressive and Im lowered on KW coilovers. I dont want to go buying tires and the wheels, then the rears dont fit or rub. DO you know of anyone that has used a +22 offset on the rear of an e90?
      08-31-2012, 12:46 PM   #25
anielsen71
Lieutenant Colonel
Denmark
Rep
Drives: F36 435xd

Garage List
Watta bout one wheel in each color?
Harlekin....as we called here in Europe ;-)

Ex: E46 330d, E91 330dA
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 07:50 PM   #26
CharlieBear
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 e92 white red sold bc uknow

WHITE
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 10:51 PM   #27
phillye30fanboy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Mustang EB PP, 86 Notch

Quote:
Hey man whats going on? Im actually about 15 minutes north of philly in Bristol Pa. But pretty close to you. The orange is pretty cool also. My buddy is selling avant garde 310s off his e46 M3 for dirt cheap and I want to buy them. Im just not sure if the rears will fit. Seems as if it will be very aggressive and Im lowered on KW coilovers. I dont want to go buying tires and the wheels, then the rears dont fit or rub. DO you know of anyone that has used a +22 offset on the rear of an e90?
hhaha im just a bit west of you im in langhorne, but most people know where philly is so i stick with that but tbh, i have honestly know clue of any one running that particular set up but i wish you the best of luck!
      08-31-2012, 11:01 PM   #28
woptang22
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillye30fanboy View Post
hhaha im just a bit west of you im in langhorne, but most people know where philly is so i stick with that but tbh, i have honestly know clue of any one running that particular set up but i wish you the best of luck!
Your right around the corner then man. Maybe Ill see you around sometime. As far as this setup goes, Im hoping it will work. For the price my friend is selling the wheels for its just a steal. It seems as if some people have ran the +22 offset with 245/30/19 or 255/30/19 tires. So Im hoping I can somehow work it out. Having a unique/crazy color for winter wheels would be kind of fun. Hopefully it works.
      08-31-2012, 11:14 PM   #29
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Well, it's a white car; there's no bad color you can choose. However, you can choose a bad -- maybe "bad" is too strong...how about "less sophisticated" -- implementation of that color.

The wheels in the pics above are certainly nice ones,/ and the cars they wear are nice as well. Whatever you choose, don't let the wheels outshine the car. That's most easily accomplished by having white wheels or by having an appropriate amount of white or silver in the wheel, as opposed to, say, just screamin' green wheels. Screamin' green with white will be create a cohesive package for you. However, if that's not what you are after, as I didn't see any of these above, might I suggest: purple, yellow, chocolate, hot pink, or hot peach?

Edit:
I just noticed you mentioned purple in your original post, but FWIW, it just popped into my head as something that'd be "different."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 11:32 PM   #30
woptang22
Major
Rep

Tony thanks for the suggestions. I know some people on this forum look at my idea of "crazy" colored wheels as ricey. But Im just kind of going for "different." I have a stock set of 162s painted black by the previous owner which are ok. Im just tired of them. I love the ICONZ 960s with black centers and chrome lips I currently have on the car for the summer. But since my friend is selling the 310s so cheap, I thought hey, why not go over the top with a cool/crazy color. So far purple, electric blue and red are my top choices. But the most important thing is for me to make sure the rears will fit since they are off an e46 M3. Ive been asking questions and most people say it can work but will be aggressive. But some people are saying the rears at 19x9.5 and +22 offset just wont work. So Im a bit confused and not sure what to do. But for $250-$300 for a set of avant garde 310s, I just need to make it work. LOL Do you happen to have any idea if this setup will work on my e90 335i?

UOTE=tony20009;12607624]Well, it's a white car; there's no bad color you can choose. However, you can choose a bad -- maybe "bad" is too strong...how about "less sophisticated" -- implementation of that color.

The wheels in the pics above are certainly nice ones,/ and the cars they wear are nice as well. Whatever you choose, don't let the wheels outshine the car. That's most easily accomplished by having white wheels or by having an appropriate amount of white or silver in the wheel, as opposed to, say, just screamin' green wheels. Screamin' green with white will be create a cohesive package for you. However, if that's not what you are after, as I didn't see any of these above, might I suggest: purple, yellow, chocolate, hot pink, or hot peach?

Edit:
I just noticed you mentioned purple in your original post, but FWIW, it just popped into my head as something that'd be "different."[/QUOTE]
      09-01-2012, 12:20 PM   #31
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

As go the specifics regarding size and offsets (what are offsets?), and whatnot, I have no idea. I can tell you about how to make a seemingly silly aesthetic selection work, but I can't tell you if the wheels will actually fit on the vehicle. The technical details aren't what I meant by bad implementation.

As goes the "aggressive" comments you've gotten, I think they might be relevant if the wheels were a standard silvery color, but they aren't. The size of the wheels aren't what's going to make the look aggressive. I'm quite sure that the wheels' size and the size's relationship to the wheel housing area isn't what's going to catch folks' eye. If I could get the wheels mounted with tires that don't rub the car's body or wheel housing, I wouldn't worry about the size.

To that end, I can offer that purple being dark, but not dark as black will "wear the car" less so than the lime green and orange wheels we see pictured above. The wheels are nice; the cars are nice, but neither is improved through the union. Red will also "wear the car" rather than the other way around, albeit less so that orange, lime or bright blue as there is at least already some red on the car.

If you can get white centers and/or a white ring around the outer edge of the wheel rim, either (ideally both) will help provide the balance you need to keep the look cohesive. Barring a splash of white on the wheels, go with the red for the reason I cited above. The wheels should complement/enhance the car. The car should not be a means to display the wheels. If you just like the wheels and want to display them, contact a sculptor and ask him/her to compose something original for you that incorporates the wheels, or even just one of them and put it in your foyer or game room, for it's clear you are interested in the wheels for your own enjoyment not everyone else's.

"Ricey?" I thought you wanted purple wheels, not white....I'm confused.

I would tend to agree with you about the price and just needing to make it work. It seems a very small price to pay for something that you enjoy looking at for its own sake.

Quote:
Tony thanks for the suggestions. I know some people on this forum look at my idea of "crazy" colored wheels as ricey. But Im just kind of going for "different." I have a stock set of 162s painted black by the previous owner which are ok. Im just tired of them. I love the ICONZ 960s with black centers and chrome lips I currently have on the car for the summer. But since my friend is selling the 310s so cheap, I thought hey, why not go over the top with a cool/crazy color. So far purple, electric blue and red are my top choices. But the most important thing is for me to make sure the rears will fit since they are off an e46 M3. Ive been asking questions and most people say it can work but will be aggressive. But some people are saying the rears at 19x9.5 and +22 offset just wont work. So Im a bit confused and not sure what to do. But for $250-$300 for a set of avant garde 310s, I just need to make it work. LOL Do you happen to have any idea if this setup will work on my e90 335i?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
Well, it's a white car; there's no bad color you can choose. However, you can choose a bad -- maybe "bad" is too strong...how about "less sophisticated" -- implementation of that color.

Edit:
I just noticed you mentioned purple in your original post, but FWIW, it just popped into my head as something that'd be "different."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2012, 10:31 PM   #32
mapleridge
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 N52 AT

gold....looks great on white. Orange is nice too. White is a good option too. plain but classy.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 04:58 PM   #33
RickE24
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i & 97 Nissan 240SX

Purple or teal?
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 05:47 PM   #34
tphss
das Eichhörnchen
Rep
Drives: e92 M3, F32 435xi

I think either gunmetal or white. Plain silver also looks nice.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 09:28 PM   #35
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

[/thread]
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 06:15 PM   #36
FormerRotor
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d, M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCobra94 View Post
[/thread]
Holy hell! What color is that? Code please!

My Picture Threads (Oldest to Newest): 1 2 3
Join BMW CCA! (Use my link and I get credit )

Last edited by FormerRotor; 03-09-2013 at 09:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2013, 09:07 PM   #37
bmwtechray
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335d

i have the same wheels in glossblack on aw e90 but i was looking into someting different so i got some blazing yellow plastic dip and am going to spray them to get an idea on how they look. if i like it i will poweder coat them if not ill just peel it off! i couldent deside between the red and blazing yellow(looks like a highlihter) so i chose the bright one lol but i think red will look good because of the tail lights
Appreciate 0