E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Remote windows down without holding button

05-30-2013, 02:39 PM   #1
pj_rage
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Remote windows down without holding button

I have searched for a while just now and have not found anyone asking about it or any hint that it might be possible, so I figured I would ask...

Is it possible to change the way the remote windows down / sunroof open works so that as soon as it triggers (by holding the unlock button on keyfob), you can let go of the button and the windows and sunroof will continue to move until fully open? This would be more convenient in my opinion than holding the button for 5 or more seconds. FWIW I do have comfort access, it's an e90, and currently the windows and sunroof will stop moving when I stop holding the unlock button.

Has anyone tried or thought of something like this?
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2013, 03:40 PM   #2
pweber
Banned
Germany
Rep
Drives: M57 330D

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj_rage View Post
I have searched for a while just now and have not found anyone asking about it or any hint that it might be possible, so I figured I would ask...

Is it possible to change the way the remote windows down / sunroof open works so that as soon as it triggers (by holding the unlock button on keyfob), you can let go of the button and the windows and sunroof will continue to move until fully open? This would be more convenient in my opinion than holding the button for 5 or more seconds. FWIW I do have comfort access, it's an e90, and currently the windows and sunroof will stop moving when I stop holding the unlock button.

Has anyone tried or thought of something like this?
Not possible to code it. Probably you would have to do some hardware work.

BMW did it in that way for safety reasons, closing/opening windows, holding the lock/unlock button is very smart and safe when you think about it.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2013, 04:01 PM   #3
pj_rage
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

I can understand not working for up but don't understand for down?

As cool as the feature is it is almost useless given the range of the keyfob. By the time I can activate it, I get to the car and want to open it when the sunroof is about half way open and stand there holding it and waiting.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2013, 05:09 PM   #4
wepio
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i M-Sport 6MT

I've researched this too and found that there's no coding to achieve it. The range on these fobs is an embarrassment (I have a CA fob. Not sure if non-CA fobs have greater range) The only thing I've found is how to adjust the start delay time (courtesy of BMW Coding)

Default:

OPEN:
KMFRT_OEFFNEN TIME TO HOLD REMOTE CONTROL UNLOCK BUTTON OR KEY IN DOOR LOCK TO START COMFORT OPENING [TIME_S=DATA/10]
* wert_01 19hex=25dec=2,5s

FRONT WINDOWS:
KMFRT_SCHL_VORNE DELAY COMFORT CLOSING FRONT POWER WINDOWS [TIME_S=DATA/10]
* wert_01 05hex=5dec=0,5s

REAR WINDOWS:
KMFRT_OEFF_HINTEN DELAY COMFORT OPENING REAR POWER WINDOWS [TIME_S=DATA/10]
wert_01 05hex=5dec=0,5s
* wert_02 23hex=35dec=3,5s

SUNROOF:
KMFRT_OEFF_SHD DELAY COMFORT OPENING SLIDING/TILTING SUNROOF [TIME_S=DATA/10]
* wert_01 23hex=35dec=3,5s
wert_023Chex=60dec=6s

I would try changing the "OPEN" delay time to 0.5s. This won't create the desired one-touch operation, but will hopefully initiate the sequence sooner so it'll be complete by the time you reach the car.

Best of luck!
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2013, 02:27 AM   #5
pweber
Banned
Germany
Rep
Drives: M57 330D

Quote:
Originally Posted by wepio View Post
I've researched this too and found that there's no coding to achieve it. The range on these fobs is an embarrassment (I have a CA fob. Not sure if non-CA fobs have greater range) The only thing I've found is how to adjust the start delay time (courtesy of BMW Coding)

Default:

OPEN:
KMFRT_OEFFNEN TIME TO HOLD REMOTE CONTROL UNLOCK BUTTON OR KEY IN DOOR LOCK TO START COMFORT OPENING [TIME_S=DATA/10]
* wert_01 19hex=25dec=2,5s

FRONT WINDOWS:
KMFRT_SCHL_VORNE DELAY COMFORT CLOSING FRONT POWER WINDOWS [TIME_S=DATA/10]
* wert_01 05hex=5dec=0,5s

REAR WINDOWS:
KMFRT_OEFF_HINTEN DELAY COMFORT OPENING REAR POWER WINDOWS [TIME_S=DATA/10]
wert_01 05hex=5dec=0,5s
* wert_02 23hex=35dec=3,5s

SUNROOF:
KMFRT_OEFF_SHD DELAY COMFORT OPENING SLIDING/TILTING SUNROOF [TIME_S=DATA/10]
* wert_01 23hex=35dec=3,5s
wert_023Chex=60dec=6s

I would try changing the "OPEN" delay time to 0.5s. This won't create the desired one-touch operation, but will hopefully initiate the sequence sooner so it'll be complete by the time you reach the car.

Best of luck!
That's good, I hate to wait few second before windows start lifting up
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2015, 09:31 PM   #6
ssshake
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 328i coupe 2009

I just reprogrammed my car with the options you specified (I got them else where prior but forget the source).

Anyway for the most part it works and its great for closing. The windows, mirror, sunroof all start at the same time (.5 seconds after holding lock). Wayyy better than behavior before. I don't know why anyone would want to have the windows up way before the sunroof, standing there like a chump.

However for unlock, it starts sooner (.5 sec), but the sunroof still seems to take 3.5 seconds (assumption) to start after the windows have started. I've tried setting it's value to 0 and .5 sec, but no difference.
Appreciate 0