E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > F30 impressions thread

02-21-2012, 12:31 PM   #1
taibanl
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

F30 impressions thread

Folks,

Briefly checked out an F30 with the 2012 HK system. I noticed it now has 16 speakers...which is a huge plus (tweeters in the rear doors - for a back seat frontstage) and a tweeter in the center (as kaigoss notes, this is key for good L7 processing).

Overall I thought it sounded noticeably better than the 2011 HK, but still distorted at a moderately loud volume (mids and vocals) and lacked the amazing imaging provided by MS-8's L7.

Your impressions?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2012, 06:27 PM   #2
VP Electricity
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F34 xDrive

I didn't get to listen to it. The door speakers look different in drawings than the E9x speakers, might be shallower than the E90 speakers. Can't use aftermarket grilles and front-load (not that we ever did) now that speaker grilles are parically behind the corner of the dash. The tweeters are not as angled in the E9x and E82 (looks more like the E70 - small and hardly angled) so they won't sound as good. The trunk has less space for us, but the underfloor tub looks interesting. We are in the process of getting one to tool the sub for the trunk and take measurements...
Appreciate 0