E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Broke crankcase vent hose, would this hose be safe temporary?

06-09-2023, 03:30 PM   #1
Bimboi
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

The factory hose shattered when I was doing a valve cover replacement on my 08 335i. I used a fuel line hose and hose clamps on the original connectors for now till get a new one, will this be safe for like about a week or 2 of driving to work? Thank you!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-09-2023, 04:06 PM   #2
E93Seattle (Racerbruce)
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335is E93 & 2021 X3

its carrying crankcase blowby gases - i believe it would be fine; i just replaced this oem hose with an oem hose while upgrading to a billet aluminum pcv valve; the oem hose connectors are a piece of $%+!!!! and are difficult to disengage; the connectors connect easily but do not disconnect easily imho.
Appreciate 1
Bimboi3.00
      06-09-2023, 04:46 PM   #3
theobjectivist
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 535i

yeah, the hose bit is fine. The only functional part is the flapper that youre retaining

One bit though: the connector on the PCV looks weak / cracked. If its broken (even one side), it'll come loose and have oil covering your nice new VC so you may want to just overnight a new hose from amazon for $30 now instead of buttoning it up and doing again later

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Appreciate 2
      06-09-2023, 04:56 PM   #4
Bimboi
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by theobjectivist View Post
yeah, the hose bit is fine. The only functional part is the flapper that youre retaining

One bit though: the connector on the PCV looks weak / cracked. If its broken (even one side), it'll come loose and have oil covering your nice new VC so yYou may want to just overnight a new hose from amazon for $40 now instead of buttoning it up and doing again later
Yea I cracked one side pulling up to hard with my pick tool, I managed to re attach it where it’s still flexible with a plastic welder. Just went for a drive now and no issues so far. That crappy oem hose was so brittle, this would probably last longer lol but I just ordered a replacement from fcp euro already. Appreciate the feedback
Appreciate 1