E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > BMW Canada Announces Limited E90 335xi xDrive Sedan Special Edition With Power Kit

06-07-2012, 03:01 AM   #1145
ddave91
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3

Hi guys,
Recently bought a brand new 2011 335i x-drive SE (from 2009 M3) about 25 days ago and the car is in the shop for 4 days already, currently with 2300km... Anyways, to make long story short, I had to bring my car in after 1st week to get the connecteddrive to work (old coding apparently), and car was running smoothly until 4 days ago... On Last Thursday night, I got into the car no problem, pressed the brake with key inserted with power on, but as I pushed the Start buttom, a "zap" sound caused the entire car to shut down... no power whatsoever, couldn't even honk nor open the trunk! As frustrated as I could be, I had to wait 2hr for buster's guy to try and jump start it....of course the battery was completely drained, and had to have the car towed in on Friday morning.

Yesterday morning, the CSR called saying that they still couldn't locate the problem, and they only know that one of modules wasn't shut down properly causing the battery to drain, and it may take days or even weeks to address what's causing it. Then the CSR fed me with whole bunch of BS that it might have been caused by my driving behavior... short distance city driving not allowing the battery to recharge over time....thinking WTH?! I have driven M3 that same way and never had this happened to me. I was furious and decided to end the conversation with client right beside me.

Anyways, couple questions for you guys,
1) If the car is fixed but the problem persist, am I entitled to ask the dealer to get me another one? Also have new car replacement insurance.
2) What other recourse(s) can I take right now since they are making false accusation...? Talking to CSR manager instead of that goon who doesn't know what he's talking about?

Your input is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 08:45 AM   #1146
pyceasyas123
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddave91 View Post
Hi guys,
Recently bought a brand new 2011 335i x-drive SE (from 2009 M3) about 25 days ago and the car is in the shop for 4 days already, currently with 2300km... Anyways, to make long story short, I had to bring my car in after 1st week to get the connecteddrive to work (old coding apparently), and car was running smoothly until 4 days ago... On Last Thursday night, I got into the car no problem, pressed the brake with key inserted with power on, but as I pushed the Start buttom, a "zap" sound caused the entire car to shut down... no power whatsoever, couldn't even honk nor open the trunk! As frustrated as I could be, I had to wait 2hr for buster's guy to try and jump start it....of course the battery was completely drained, and had to have the car towed in on Friday morning.

Yesterday morning, the CSR called saying that they still couldn't locate the problem, and they only know that one of modules wasn't shut down properly causing the battery to drain, and it may take days or even weeks to address what's causing it. Then the CSR fed me with whole bunch of BS that it might have been caused by my driving behavior... short distance city driving not allowing the battery to recharge over time....thinking WTH?! I have driven M3 that same way and never had this happened to me. I was furious and decided to end the conversation with client right beside me.

1) If the car is fixed but the problem persist, am I entitled to ask the dealer to get me another one? Also have new car replacement insurance.
2) What other recourse(s) can I take right now since they are making false accusation...? Talking to CSR manager instead of that goon who doesn't know what he's talking about?

Call BMW Canada if the dealer doesn't seem to be doing anything for you. They usually take things pretty seriously.

If the problem keeps re-occurring you can try to get the car replaced but there aren't too many special editions left if any at all so you might not get like for like. Try regardless though. These cars cost quite a bit...they should operate without issues.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 01:20 AM   #1147
Boco335iXdriveSE
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i Xdrive Special Edition

Quote:
Hi guys,

Sorry to hear about that! It seems to me that whenever there is a problem with the car, they always blame it on the owner first. When I had the service engine light problem, they first said that I did not close the gas cap, it took me 3 trips to bring my car back for them to fix that problem before they caused another problem to my car: denting and scratching my car!
The problem has not come back and I am crossing my finger! I am trying not go back to that dealer for service if I don't need to.
One thing I find though when dealing with the dealer is that, you have to stay calm, act professionally, state you point and let them know that you'll fight for your right.
I remember some years ago, I was very mad at a dealer and at the end the police has to come. Sometime they may agitate you just to make you mad!
Be calm, be polite, be professional, make your points and you'll get the problem resolved.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 07:09 AM   #1148
ddave91
Rep

Thanks guys. Car still in the shop...been a week already
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 10:26 AM   #1149
Boco335iXdriveSE
Private
Rep

Quote:
Thanks guys. Car still in the shop...been a week already
Did they say when it'll be fixed. When I brougt mine in last time, they had to work on it for a week and they gave me a rental car to drive. I called the service manager almost every day and asked very politely about the status of the repair, and when I could pick up the car; I just want to show him I care and that they should take it seriously to resolve my problem. I even called the sales manager and told him my problem with new car i've bought and have the sales department give them pressure. I noticed that the service guys treated me more seriously after that; because at the beginning the service guy and even the assisstance manger that dealt with me were giving BS!
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 12:11 PM   #1150
ddave91
Rep

Yup, I did call them everyday...but that ignorant csr just kept putting me off and dragged it on... Asked to talk to the manager but said he/she was away. I will try again today and get someone in management live to voice my concern.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 11:34 AM   #1151
Boco335iXdriveSE
Private
Rep

Quote:
Yup, I did call them everyday...but that ignorant csr just kept putting me off and dragged it on... Asked to talk to the manager but said he/she was away. I will try again today and get someone in management live to voice my concern.
Any update?
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2012, 02:28 AM   #1152
ddave91
Rep

Brief mentioning of BMW Canada got their attention...= ='' Got the car fixed on the same day (Tuesday). Service manager was all apologetic and offered a free oil change which I took gladly
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 02:09 PM   #1153
Xtype0
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 335xi Special Edition

Garage List
2011 E90 335xi  [0.00]
Hi Everyone,

Runned into a small problem, hoping you guys might know what I need to do to fix it aside from replacing it or buying vinyl. I was vacuuming the center console and seemed to have scuffed the piano black ash tray cover and the surrounding area when the brush head went over it. When you run your hand over it the scratch line, you can't feel it. Is it something that can 'buff' out?

I hate the piano black and don't understand why BMW didn't just use the same carbon fibre mesh for the center console.

'13 Kawasaki ZX-6R ABS
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 11:10 PM   #1154
Kernel Kurtz
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M240i xDrive

I've read you can polish it with a good paint polish with good results. Can't tell you what grade to use, though, but I'd guess it is something very fine.

I agree it is really too sensitive/fragile to be a good automotive material. Be happy it's just the console and not the entire interior trim.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2012, 09:37 AM   #1155
williewonkerz
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M235i

Garage List
2014 M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernel Kurtz View Post
I've read you can polish it with a good paint polish with good results. Can't tell you what grade to use, though, but I'd guess it is something very fine.

I agree it is really too sensitive/fragile to be a good automotive material. Be happy it's just the console and not the entire interior trim.
Believe it or not, I recently tried the BMW glass polish with some success. Its "better".

Try some glass polishes
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2012, 08:46 PM   #1156
cgy-jim
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335Xi, Special Edition

Hi Guys - hey, somehow after the hand wash last week, I ended up with some scratches in the stone shield protection film on the hood of the car. Does anyone have any idea on how to get these scratches out so I can get my baby back to it's factory shine? The ruby black is gorgeous but it takes attention and shows scratches easily.

On a side note, anyone else have windshield problems? I'll be ordering my 3rd one soon...
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2012, 09:36 PM   #1157
SilverEmu
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtype0 View Post
Hi Everyone,

Runned into a small problem, hoping you guys might know what I need to do to fix it aside from replacing it or buying vinyl. I was vacuuming the center console and seemed to have scuffed the piano black ash tray cover and the surrounding area when the brush head went over it. When you run your hand over it the scratch line, you can't feel it. Is it something that can 'buff' out?

I hate the piano black and don't understand why BMW didn't just use the same carbon fibre mesh for the center console.
I was reading on the forum (Detailing section) that Swissvax Wood Polish might be a solution. My trim has already been replaced, but I can still see some minor scratches...I will order it, try it and report back.

The trim looks gorgeous when clean, but it's a pain to keep it like that.

In other news, if anybody is contemplating a suspension upgrade, I just did mine and love it. More details here.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 06:23 PM   #1158
Bobby_Sardells
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M3 30 Jahre

Garage List
safe to say our car can keep up with an F10 M5....
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2012, 11:18 AM   #1159
williewonkerz
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M235i

Garage List
2014 M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_Sardells View Post
safe to say our car can keep up with an F10 M5....
I just beat out a Ferrari F355 F1 Spyder all the way up to 260 km/h, damn it was close all the way.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2012, 04:39 PM   #1160
Bobby_Sardells
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by williewonkerz View Post
I just beat out a Ferrari F355 F1 Spyder all the way up to 260 km/h, damn it was close all the way.
wow thats amazing! This car is truly remarkable...fuck I still get excited to drive it every morning...can't wait to take it to Kayuga race track!!
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2012, 11:37 PM   #1161
firsttimer
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by williewonkerz View Post
Seriously??? thats is crazy...just the standard setup or have you tuned it?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2012, 01:11 AM   #1162
itrocks4u
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80, F36, E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddave91
Brief mentioning of BMW Canada got their attention...= ='' Got the car fixed on the same day (Tuesday). Service manager was all apologetic and offered a free oil change which I took gladly
Which dealership did you take the car to?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2012, 01:39 PM   #1163
Maddict3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 991 GT3

woah woah woah, the U.S needs something like this
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2012, 08:44 PM   #1164
morphius909
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 Xi Special Edition-JB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict3 View Post
woah woah woah, the U.S needs something like this
SOmething like?

2011 335i X Drive Special Edition-Jerez Black
35% Tint All Around / 3M Rockguard / Weathertech/ PPK2 / 18&12mm Spacers/Lux H8 V3
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 07:09 AM   #1165
Bobby_Sardells
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
just got dusted by a supercharged e46 M3....went from a slight rolling start to 130...he had me by a car length...gotta start shifting at 7000 instead of 6000 lol

fuck that m3 was fast though
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 08:16 AM   #1166
morphius909
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 Xi Special Edition-JB

How's everyone's ride holding up?

My has been pretty flawless, except for when I smashed into a pothole and my adaptive headlights gave me an error. Dealer had a replace some module and I ended up paying for a mid cycle oil change (better safe then sorry)..

2011 335i X Drive Special Edition-Jerez Black
35% Tint All Around / 3M Rockguard / Weathertech/ PPK2 / 18&12mm Spacers/Lux H8 V3
Appreciate 0