E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Njtp - Fake Cop?

12-06-2007, 07:45 AM   #1
jhilsinho
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335I 07

Post Njtp - Fake Cop?

I was driving today at the NJTP going 80 when I passed a Crown Victoria with tinted windows and a dude that does not look like a cop (instead, like a state employee) started to follow me and turn his siren and lights without actually being behind me, but diagonal behind.

NO COP does that. They either go behind you and pull you over or else, especially since I completely ignored the dimwit.

A few minutes later he spoke thru the car speaker, just like a cop will do, and told me to slow down. Heck, I was only going 80, like 2 miles faster than everyone.

Later on, he vanished at the exit 7A, which is the exit that ALL state employees use to get to work.

I really dislike state employees that use their strobes to police the roads when they are not cops. I guess they chose the wrong career.

P.S. I am 90% sure it wasn't a cop because a cop wouldn't take my disregard for him making noises and strobes on my left to slow down. Most likely a cop will stop me and give me 2 or 3 tickets.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2007, 08:02 AM   #2
HyperM3
Too many Alex's, from now on, call me Beaufort
United_States
Rep
Drives: See Sig

I was once behind a blacked out crown vic. I figured it couldnt be a cop because A) it had tinted windows and B) license plate didnt have "MG" on it.

Well, I was up his butt because he was going slow in the left lane. I flashed him and whatnot to move over. No more than a few seconds later, blue and red horizontals lit up on the rear deck.

I pulled up next to him and he rolled down his passenger side window. Flashed his FBI badge at me. I shrugged and mouthed the word "Sorry" to him.

He rolled his window back up and sped along.
07 335i(gone)
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2007, 08:22 AM   #3
Dragonman4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 996tt

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
NJTP FTL. GSP FTW =P

Although the GSP has way too many hiding spots for cops to wait an ambush you. They're just itching to catch you and fine you. Especially with their new Chargers.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2007, 08:39 AM   #4
3pete3the5greekI
The GrEeK
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335xi M EBII

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperM3 View Post
I was once behind a blacked out crown vic. I figured it couldnt be a cop because A) it had tinted windows and B) license plate didnt have "MG" on it.

Well, I was up his butt because he was going slow in the left lane. I flashed him and whatnot to move over. No more than a few seconds later, blue and red horizontals lit up on the rear deck.

I pulled up next to him and he rolled down his passenger side window. Flashed his FBI badge at me. I shrugged and mouthed the word "Sorry" to him.

haha o man thast a good one...ugh sry lol...

2007 e90 335i (batmobile) ~ bye bye
2011 e90 335i M-Sport (Stella) ~ BYe Bye
2013 F30 335xi M-Sport EBII
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2007, 08:44 AM   #5
Bimmer335i07
BK Employee of the month! / Moderator
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Sedan

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
lol! That same thing happened to me earilier this year on my way to Great Adventure. It was an FBI agent too! I found out from my FBI friend that they cannot pull you over for speeding, but they can flash their strobes and use their sirens to tell you to slow down. Now, when I know it's an agent, I just give them the finger. There's nothing that they can do. lol!

Sponsored by: Pics of the ---> Barbera Beast <---
Martino Auto Concepts (Like them on Facebook MAC) Factory Trained & Authorized by BMW of North America

Matt@Camber-Toe (Like them on Facebook Camber-Toe)
LuxAngelEyes (Like them on Facebook LuxAngelEyes)
LTBMW (Like them on Facebook LTBMW)
OEMconcepts (Like them on Facebook OEMconcepts)
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2007, 08:49 AM   #6
shadytt
PhD. in keep it real~
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Alpine White E93

Quote:

u should have flashed something at him too
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2007, 10:33 AM   #7
BMWdmk
*Rollin 3rd*
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something fast

wouldn't that be impersonating a peace officer?
thats serious no matter what state you live
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2007, 11:00 AM   #8
cmega412
bizness is doin good
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i 07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer335i07 View Post
lol! That same thing happened to me earilier this year on my way to Great Adventure. It was an FBI agent too! I found out from my FBI friend that they cannot pull you over for speeding, but they can flash their strobes and use their sirens to tell you to slow down. Now, when I know it's an agent, I just give them the finger. There's nothing that they can do. lol!
Even better now you can scream out the windows. "IT SMELLS LIKE BACON" and they can't do jack.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2007, 11:14 AM   #9
nyc335i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

yeah fbi is a federal beareau. They cannot give you a ticket for violating a state law.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2007, 11:26 AM   #10
jhilsinho
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadytt View Post
u should have flashed something at him too
LOL I'll try that.

I was just telling my co-workers that I will just throw up my arms in desperation, just like saying "get out of here"

Or maybe not... LOL

The truth is that they can still call the cops on you, but until they do, most likely you'll be gone.

We just gotta be careful. There are lost of people who wish they were State Troopers... I just wish they gave a hard time to the left lane hogs and to those that think that the turning stalk is not to be used when shifting lanes
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2007, 11:37 PM   #11
MyE92
El Presidente
United_States
Rep
Drives: your mom wild.

hmmm.....very interesting....
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2007, 08:53 AM   #12
Taittinger
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue E92

Garage List
2007 335i Cpe  [0.00]
Quote:

DOH!!!

MG or SG but I think there is another code as well. Anyway, I hate anyone who drives crown vics who are not law enforcement, even taxis.

'07 Monaco Blue 335i ordered 9/4 built 9/21 shipped 9/28 arrived 10/12 at dealership 10/18 vroom 10/19 christened 11/3...
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2007, 11:31 AM   #13
jhilsinho
Banned
United_States
Rep

MG = Municipal Gov
SG = State Gov
CG = County Gov

I have seen undercover cops in North NJ with taxi stickers and no CG,SG,MG Plates.

Cop cars have blacket out grills (not shiny ones) same with the rear plate between the tail lights...
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2007, 11:52 AM   #14
dreamk
Banned
Dominican Republic
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
ok so i came out of school it was dark and there was a suv in front of me had plates from Wyoming or Wisconsin, i live in south jersey. there was an oncoming car with high beams on so i flashed mines so he turn his down. the suv was going slow so i was tailgating a bit when i flashed my lights at the car the suv stop a man got out of the car ( i was freaking out i was gonna put the car on reverse and take off!!) he got out his wallet and flashed me his badge. he was dressed like any other person and said to me " do you know ur tailgating and flashing ur high beams to an under cover cop?" my response was no. i cant recall the rest bcuz i was scare as shit. he when back to his suv and sped off. so i did the same on a different direction.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2007, 01:58 PM   #15
kingjod123
Installing an Air Cooler
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan Black Sapphire

I want to install police lights on my car in the grill or in the fogs but I dont think I will. I am, however, thinking of wig wags.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2007, 03:46 PM   #16
shadytt
PhD. in keep it real~
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Alpine White E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamk View Post
ok so i came out of school it was dark and there was a suv in front of me had plates from Wyoming or Wisconsin, i live in south jersey. there was an oncoming car with high beams on so i flashed mines so he turn his down. the suv was going slow so i was tailgating a bit when i flashed my lights at the car the suv stop a man got out of the car ( i was freaking out i was gonna put the car on reverse and take off!!) he got out his wallet and flashed me his badge. he was dressed like any other person and said to me " do you know ur tailgating and flashing ur high beams to an under cover cop?" my response was no. i cant recall the rest bcuz i was scare as shit. he when back to his suv and sped off. so i did the same on a different direction.
u should say, "how the fuck would i know when u r undercovered... but now i do since i busted ya. u r not undercovered anymore biach~"
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2007, 10:00 PM   #17
shadye90
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW Fanatic

Garage List
True story here...I was coming back home one Saturday night at about 5:30 am from Manhattan in my 4dr Integra on the LIE Eastbound and I was kinda twisted and I was wit some Shorty. Anyways i was doing about 95mph or so and the road was empty so i was like "fuck it" and i nailed it to about 125-130. Some Black Crown Vic wit tints enters the highway and i passed him at about 130 or so and the motherfucker puts on the strobes and shit so I was like "Fuck That! i'm out " and I kept it floored and by the time I maxxed out my speedo (an indicated 150mph) he turned off his stobes and fell back...

1988 E30 M3
Diamantschwartz/Black
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2007, 12:33 AM   #18
dreamk
Banned
Dominican Republic
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadye90 View Post
True story here...I was coming back home one Saturday night at about 5:30 am from Manhattan in my 4dr Integra on the LIE Eastbound and I was kinda twisted and I was wit some Shorty. Anyways i was doing about 95mph or so and the road was empty so i was like "fuck it" and i nailed it to about 125-130. Some Black Crown Vic wit tints enters the highway and i passed him at about 130 or so and the motherfucker puts on the strobes and shit so I was like "Fuck That! i'm out " and I kept it floored and by the time I maxxed out my speedo (an indicated 150mph) he turned off his stobes and fell back...
i like this guy
keep it pimp
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2007, 01:06 AM   #19
zzinco79
Major
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

I saw black VW Jetta (Not the new one) with little square flashes on the front and rear windshield.

How can I tell it was FBI?? cuz the driver had a black jacket with HUUUUUUUUUGE FBI on the back and side.

2006 BSM 325i / ZPP / ZSP / Adaptive Xenon / BLK leather interior / Steptronic

Eisenmann racing / K&N Ram charger / M5 rep. wheels / D1S 6000k / Brex white ring / OEM style rear trunk spoiler / M steering / OEM strut bar / Blk line tail light

Future Mod

Hamann lip spolier / Mtech rear bumper
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2007, 05:26 PM   #20
jhilsinho
Banned
United_States
Rep

I wouldn't advise anyone on speeding away like that... Next time you could be a star performer on that show of police car chases... LOL
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2007, 06:04 PM   #21
Bimmer335i07
BK Employee of the month! / Moderator
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Sedan

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzinco79 View Post
I saw black VW Jetta (Not the new one) with little square flashes on the front and rear windshield.

How can I tell it was FBI?? cuz the driver had a black jacket with HUUUUUUUUUGE FBI on the back and side.
That was not a REAL FBI. lol!

I have a friend who is a FBI agent, they cannot use their personal cars to put strobes on. They have to use the Bureau cars, which are American makes. I can't even get a ride in the Bureau car, that's how strict they are. So, I doubt the VW Jetta was a agent.

Sponsored by: Pics of the ---> Barbera Beast <---
Martino Auto Concepts (Like them on Facebook MAC) Factory Trained & Authorized by BMW of North America

Matt@Camber-Toe (Like them on Facebook Camber-Toe)
LuxAngelEyes (Like them on Facebook LuxAngelEyes)
LTBMW (Like them on Facebook LTBMW)
OEMconcepts (Like them on Facebook OEMconcepts)
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2007, 12:42 PM   #22
shadye90
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW Fanatic

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhilsinho View Post
I wouldn't advise anyone on speeding away like that... Next time you could be a star performer on that show of police car chases... LOL
Never thought about that!..Now i have a motive and inspiration!...

1988 E30 M3
Diamantschwartz/Black
Appreciate 0