Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Anyone On Board with a Bent/Cracked 19' 313 rim???

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

02-27-2013, 04:54 PM   #23
DML
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 Heritage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mblaucoupe135 View Post
Plus if i remember correctly the 19s only cost an extra 1k when i ordered my car, and to me that was a no brainer for a set of wheels this nice that would cost probably triple that if you bought them later. One thing that did annoy me about them is earlier versions of this wheel were stamped with BMW Performance, but mine aren't for some reason. Maybe someone else can shed some light on why this is the case.
Believe the 1st year of the "IS" the rims were stamped "BMW Performance" Now the ever subtle "M" sticker which i prefer. Agree on just 1k for the upgrade which might effect my payment by 5 whopping dollars so to make it even more tempting.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 08:37 AM   #24
mblaucoupe135
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPEC
Quote:
Plus if i remember correctly the 19s only cost an extra 1k when i ordered my car, and to me that was a no brainer for a set of wheels this nice that would cost probably triple that if you bought them later. One thing that did annoy me about them is earlier versions of this wheel were stamped with BMW Performance, but mine aren't for some reason. Maybe someone else can shed some light on why this is the case.
i MIGHT be wrong on this, but i believe there r 2 versions of this wheel? 1 version is where u order it with the car, which has no BMW performance stamping, where as the other version is ordered after the car purchase, which is from the BMW Performance line up? i vaguely remember seeing different part no. for this style of wheel.

Mine came with the car n so far no bent/crack rims. Ive driven through holes n dips where it was hit hard enough to shock my spine and so far so good!

Edit: yup i was right, 2 different sets of part numbers

the one that came with the car
http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...01&hg=36&fg=15

the one that u order from "BMW Performance"
http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...=36&fg=15&hl=3
Thanks for the info. That is interesting they would have two different part numbers for basically the exact same wheel, but sometimes bmw does some strange things.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 09:48 AM   #25
DML
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the info. That is interesting they would have two different part numbers for basically the exact same wheel, but sometimes bmw does some strange things.
Sometimes??? This on this not on that!!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 09:50 AM   #26
DML
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPEC View Post
i MIGHT be wrong on this, but i believe there r 2 versions of this wheel? 1 version is where u order it with the car, which has no BMW performance stamping, where as the other version is ordered after the car purchase, which is from the BMW Performance line up? i vaguely remember seeing different part no. for this style of wheel.

Mine came with the car n so far no bent/crack rims. Ive driven through holes n dips where it was hit hard enough to shock my spine and so far so good!

Edit: yup i was right, 2 different sets of part numbers

the one that came with the car
http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...01&hg=36&fg=15

the one that u order from "BMW Performance"
http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...=36&fg=15&hl=3
And on RFT's?? Impressive but hows the ride??
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 12:32 PM   #27
TOPEC
<3 Flat Four
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335is LM Blue

ride is very stiff, the combonation of low profiles + rft sidewalls make the ride very harsh, but once u start corner, it feels awesome because u cant feel the tires roll over/bend out of shape, so i aint complaining
      02-28-2013, 01:01 PM   #28
DML
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPEC View Post
ride is very stiff, the combonation of low profiles + rft sidewalls make the ride very harsh, but once u start corner, it feels awesome because u cant feel the tires roll over/bend out of shape, so i aint complaining
Thanks TOPEC...The RFT's really take all the joy out of the ride.
Appreciate 0