E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Stereo harness...

08-25-2016, 07:28 AM   #1
Chadm
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 330e Sport Pro

Garage List
Stereo harness...

Can anyone tell me what I am looking at here...?

Basically, I am upgrading the whole audio system. I only had the base Professional radio to start with, so it's coming out in favour of an aftermarket head unit. The rest of the system is already installed and has been running fine via AUX cable direct from MP3 player to amps for some time. I have removed the stock head unit and I now have a tangle of cables to identify behind it.

I have a Parrot CK3100 kit fitted, which may well need to come out. It would help to know what the wiring at the rear of the stereo looks like as standard when a base stereo is installed. What I have in the pics is two BMW connectors and two ISO connectors.

When I connect my aftermarket stereo to the BMW connector that came out of the old stereo via adapter harness, no power to stereo. When I connect it to the other BMW connector, again no power.

When I bypass that and connect directly to the ISO connectors, one works and one doesn't.

My assumption is that at the very least, it should work when connected to the original BMW plug that the stock stereo was using, but it doesn't. Any ideas? Heres a couple of pics of what I am dealing with...

Can anyone identify which bits are standard and which are part of the Parrot kit? Thanks.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 06:13 PM   #2
Chadm
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 330e Sport Pro

Garage List
Yeh so I managed to figure this out in the end... The BMW harness for some reason doesn't have a switched 12v ignition supply, just permanent 12v. So I removed all the crap associated with the Parrot kit (which is most of what you see in the picture), and wired the permanent 12v to the switched 12v input as well and hey presto we have life!

This thread can be archived if any mods are reading... I don't think it will really be of use to anyone else.
Appreciate 0