E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > [GROUP BUY] DTUK DIESEL TUNING KITS (Diesel Only) + PEDALBOX THROTTLE RESPONSE KITS (

10-24-2011, 08:02 PM   #1
luster
Major
Rep
Drives: e90, e88

[GROUP BUY] DTUK DIESEL TUNING KITS (Diesel Only) + PEDALBOX THROTTLE RESPONSE KITS (

Hey guys,

I have been talking with Andrew from DTUK since I got my tuning kit to arrange a bit of a group buy price to get Aussies using his product. As many of you have seen, the product is bound to become the standard for in-warranty tuning on our beloved Diesels! In fact, the CRD-T has same or better results as chip-tuning.

As for the PedalBOX, this unit will give better throttle response on all vehicles, I will order a unit to give a bit of a review, I personally haven't used one of these units yet!

CRT-D

If you want more information on the CRD-T, check out the official product website

Normal RRP: $565 AUD

Group buy price: $495 AUD (including shipping)

Saving: $80 AUD!

PedalBOX

For more information on the PedalBOX, please check out the official website

The PedalBOX works on ALL BMW's, you don't need a diesel!

Normal RRP: $310 AUD

Group buy price: $249 AUD (including shipping)

Saving: $61 AUD!

How will the group buy work?
If you are interested in buying a unit or multiple units, just send me a PM to make arrangements. We will be having the units shipped from the UK every time we hit $1000 AUD worth of orders. This would be the equivalent of x2 CRD-T's, or x1 CRD-T + 2 PedalBoxes etc etc.

We are doing it this way as we will not have to pay GST on orders that come into the country under the $1000 AUD mark.

Due to them shipping quite regularly, I will ask for full payment of each order before I order from the UK.

If you are in Sydney, you can get them from me directly, or we can meet anywhere between the city and Strathfield.

If you are outside Sydney or cannot meet in the areas above, it will be $20 AUD to have the item couriered to you, anywhere in Australia.

If you are ordering $1000AUD worth of products in a Single order, we can have them shipped directly from the UK to you (if you prefer).

Can I have the unit fitted to my car?
I am happy to fit the CRD-T for free for anybody in Sydney or $20 for the PedalBOX (Im sure I will change this to free once I install a couple of units!). I'm sure there will be volunteers in any other part of the country once we start getting the units in.

Will I have warranty on the units?
The invoices for the units can either be in your name from DTUK or I can give a photocopy of the original for your own records. The warranty on the units is 3 years.

Last edited by luster; 11-14-2011 at 04:23 AM.. Reason: updated price
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2011, 08:42 PM   #2
pcockley
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335

Is it just me or does the pedel box thing sound just a little 'scam' like?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2011, 08:46 PM   #3
nosmash
Private
Rep
Drives: an oil burner

pm sent.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2011, 09:00 PM   #4
luster
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcockley View Post
Is it just me or does the pedel box thing sound just a little 'scam' like?
It is a little like an infomercial product on the webstie. When you read into it, the unit makes sense. The pressure -vs- power curve is kind of cool.

I do think the unit must be absolutely tiny, as there are no pics of it on the website. And the tech behind it I would assume is pretty basic.

I'm going to buy one because it does look like a cool mod to me. I won't lie though, after we purchase a few tuners I will push him on the price a little
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2011, 09:08 PM   #5
pcockley
Banned
Rep

Its just that, if it was simple then surely BMW would have designed it that way in the first place???
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2011, 09:17 PM   #6
nosmash
Private
Rep

I'm sold on the CRD-T but I would like to know more about the claim below before I get one of the Pedal Box units.

"The Pedal Box sits between the sensor and the control module, intercepting that signal and altering it in order to shorten and improve the response time. This works in the same manner as many manufacturer fitted ‘Sport’ buttons, reducing the amount of pedal travel required to achieve ‘Throttle Wide Open’, allowing you to access the engines full potential. "
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2011, 09:19 PM   #7
luster
Major
Rep

Quote:
Its just that, if it was simple then surely BMW would have designed it that way in the first place???
I see it like this.

Every car, every manufacturer has the accellerator pedal.

The more you push it, the more power you get.

Some cars have a 'power curve' where the first few % points of pressure directly equal throttle response. Then the last % points equal a higher throttle response sooner.

All the throttle box does, is change the power curve.

So lets say, the first 10% of the throttle is the same as stock, but then the harder you press, the quicker it jumps to the next % point. This would mean, you can get much more 'power' out of your car (throttle response) without having to put 'metal to the metal'.

In the real world, this would make your car faster as it takes less time to get to full throttle power. On top of this, it would make the car much more responsive to throttle input.

So the box would actually work on every single car.

The tech is very straight forward.

If throttle = 10%, change to 12%
If throttle = 50%, change to 70%

So on and so forth. There are competing products on the market, but from my knowledge, this is the only one with different programs.

So it has very agressive programs to much lighter programs.

It's certainly a real product, using real technology. Just nothing compared to a tuning system.

I think it is a natural fit to a tuning system. I'll get one in and see how it goes.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2011, 09:32 PM   #8
wassell2381
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: X5 Xdrive 3.0D

Garage List
2009 320d E90 LCI  [0.00]
2009 320d  [10.00]
I was keen till i saw that price. I know its prob very reasonable but i cant justify it. I'm already too much of a hoon as it is so ill pass guys
White LCI 320d
Space Grey LCI 320d
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2011, 09:39 PM   #9
pcockley
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by luster View Post
The more you push it, the more power you get.

All the throttle box does, is change the power curve.

The tech is very straight forward.
If throttle = 10%, change to 12%
If throttle = 50%, change to 70%
Why not just push the pedel a little harder

Anyone who is pushing 10% and really wants 12% is a pussy imo
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2011, 09:41 PM   #10
luster
Major
Rep

Quote:
Why not just push the pedel a little harder

Anyone who is pushing 10% and really wants 12% is a pussy imo
It just takes the TIME out of going to 12% :P

If you could shorten the arc of your pedal, by say 50%, you probably would. This just does that, essentially. (for $250 *ugh*)
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2011, 09:50 PM   #11
RaihaX
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08' 135i

Is this pretty much a sprint booster?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2011, 10:03 PM   #12
pcockley
Banned
Rep

still smells to me
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2011, 10:10 PM   #13
luster
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaihaX View Post
Is this pretty much a sprint booster?
Yes, with 2 extra maps. (4 maps in total, no stock map for PedalBOX -vs- 2 maps + stock map for SprintBooster).

exactly the same tech, just a little more flexibility for the PedalBOX
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2011, 10:18 PM   #14
nosmash
Private
Rep

is there a way to turn it off without disconnecting? not sure if you really require this for a daily driver.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2011, 11:36 PM   #15
RaihaX
Major General
Australia
Rep

IMO products like sprintbooster can be had for free by having more of a heavy foot.

Seems like a waste money IMHO.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 12:06 AM   #16
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: a sleeper

Do NOT get the PedalBox, since it is essentially a sprintbooster with more settings.

Absolute waste of a good 200 bucks. Buy yourself a lead shoe and it will have the same effect. These products don't do ANYTHING for performance

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 12:10 AM   #17
RaihaX
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef Beef View Post
Do NOT get the PedalBox, since it is essentially a sprintbooster with more settings.

Absolute waste of a good 200 bucks. Buy yourself a lead shoe and it will have the same effect. These products don't do ANYTHING for performance
Someone that sees the light of day
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 12:39 AM   #18
sbce90
Me Boosta
Australia
Rep
Drives: 320i / MB C63 / VW up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef Beef View Post

Just mash the pedal quicker and you will get the same result..

Also just a warning.. if mods see 'group buy' they might close the thread.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 12:46 AM   #19
luster
Major
Rep

I can't edit the title argh
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 12:55 AM   #20
sbce90
Me Boosta
Australia
Rep
Drives: 320i / MB C63 / VW up!

after clicking edit.. click go advanced. I think you can change it there if the thread isn't too old.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 04:13 AM   #21
QLD
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 LCI E92 - Mineral White

The Sprintbooster is a "POWER" button for your car that didn't come with one from the factory.

Anyone that has ever driven a car with a POWER button, no matter what the brand, will tell you the drive is sharper, smoother and much nicer.... a POWER button is a fantastic thing to have for a better driving experience - sharper power delivery.

People who say you can have the same experience by pushing the pedal further to the floor are correct... for one off racing or nailing off the mark... but the reality is that NO ONE drives like this is normal everyday driving in traffic, in built up areas.... we drive as we were taught... we are in traffic, we gentle touch the pedal... we experience lag, non responsiveness as we feather touch the pedal in traffic.

With a Sprintbooster (and the Pedal box does the same thing... same effect)... the feather touch will kick in the turbo, pull, deliver the power on tap and "make it feel" like the car is super toey and powerful.

Cut a long story short - do yourself a favour and install a SprintBooster (or Pedalbox)... forget the stories of 'sink the boot to floor' as this is rubbish in peak hour traffic - and high traffic areas... no one naturally drives like this.

..sweet torquin' diesel!
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 06:18 AM   #22
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: a sleeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by QLD View Post
"make it feel" like the car is super toey and powerful.
You've summed up the product quite well. Paying 200 bucks to disillusion yourself. The last 50% of pedal travel becomes essentially useless.

Learn to drive each individual car properly and you can get the exact same effect by pushing your foot down a bit more. 'Natural' is a subjective term that varies between cars. I can drive my car quite 'naturally' and don't have lag without a sprintbooster or any other voltage amplifying gimmick.

Biggest problem is people get tricked into buying these things thinking it gives them extra kick.

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black
Appreciate 0