E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Brake light just came on... Aww sh*t

10-12-2012, 09:20 AM   #1
Shadow007
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i coupe monaco blue

Brake light just came on... Aww sh*t

What's going on everybody?
My brake light just came on and in the warning description it said that the brake sensor detected an error. But according to the service schedule Im not up for a brake service for atleast another 4300 miles. When I drive it doesn't feel any difference from before the light came on. Could I use the jb4 to delete make the light go away or is this something Im going to have to go to the dealership to get fixed. Im stationed in Germany and the euro is a bitch over here, that's why Im asking.

E85 Z4M
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 09:56 AM   #2
enrita
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 335i - Big turbos

Probably sensor is shot. You cant clear that code till you change it.
07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD E85 BMS flash - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 10:01 AM   #3
drm916
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow007 View Post
What's going on everybody?
My brake light just came on and in the warning description it said that the brake sensor detected an error. But according to the service schedule Im not up for a brake service for atleast another 4300 miles. When I drive it doesn't feel any difference from before the light came on. Could I use the jb4 to delete make the light go away or is this something Im going to have to go to the dealership to get fixed. Im stationed in Germany and the euro is a bitch over here, that's why Im asking.
Take a look at your brake pads and see if they are shot.

Just go ahead and replace the pads, rotors and sensor. That will probably resolve all the issues.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 11:03 AM   #4
._.
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by drm916 View Post
Take a look at your brake pads and see if they are shot.

Just go ahead and replace the pads, rotors and sensor. That will probably resolve all the issues.
You don't have to replace the rotor unless it is below spec. The sensor gets activated when the pad is almost done. You can still drive around on it for a while before replacing. Brake service is just a estimate based on driving style, the sensor is most accurate because it activates when the top of it is worn through (set at a specific height from caliper).
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 11:07 AM   #5
drm916
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by R 4 5 T 4 M 4 N View Post
You don't have to replace the rotor unless it is below spec.
That's true. I just always replace them since they are not too expensive.
I come from the VW/Audi/Porsche world where they recommend always replace instead of turn or reuse. Guess its just habbit now.
Appreciate 0