E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Ferrari F40 thrown in as closing gift with purchase of Malibu home

04-07-2010, 03:02 PM   #1
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Ferrari F40 thrown in as closing gift with purchase of Malibu home

DAYM!!!

Quote:
Now this is what we call a closing bonus. If you have $4.4 million to drop on a new home in Malibu, we highly recommend this gem. Not only does it net you 6,000 square feet of living space on a half-acre lot with expansive ocean views, but the homeowner is throwing in his Ferrari F40 to sweeten the deal.

The house features five bedrooms, five bathrooms and enough garage space to park 13 cars, one of which will be the aforementioned mint-condition F40. The car, valued at approximately $750,000, has under 800 miles on the odometer, and most of you will remember that the Ferrari F40 was the first street-legal production car capable of exceeding the 200-mph mark. It's an icon, and we can't think of a better housewarming gift. The catch? In order to secure the car, the home must be purchased before June 30, 2010. Get your checkbooks out.
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/04/03/f...-of-malibu-ho/
      04-07-2010, 03:10 PM   #2
LI E90
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90

nice house,to go with a nice car
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2010, 03:19 PM   #3
BMWGator
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 335i

Wow, the F40 is one of the greatest Ferraris of all time! I've dreamed of owning one since I was a kid. The F40 will one day be worth more than that house!

===============================
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2010, 03:42 PM   #4
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

I know it views the Pacific and all but DAMN. $733 a sf.

13 car garage. I wonder if they are including that as "under roof" space included in the 6000 sf. If so then double DAMN that's pricey. BOO!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2010, 04:27 PM   #5
stickypaws
Dictator
Rep
Drives: people crazy

I know that house and it's one ugly looking house. Stupid looking Greek statues everywhere. Cheesy and cheap with no taste. It's a baller's house.

And it's a crap location. Right on the PCH on the corner of Encinal Canyon. Small lot, no yard, all concreted over, noisy with traffic. 1/2 acre that was bought bare in 2000 for half a mil. Then somebody built that monstrosity on the tiny lot.

With all the stuff up for sale lately, it'll be sitting for a while.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2010, 04:27 PM   #6
The__J__Factor
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: ///M Coupe

Worth it just for the F40, someone will buy the house for the car since its hard as hell trying to come across a F40 for sale.
Z4 M Coupe - H&R - RE Diablo - RPi - Tekarbon - Sold
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2010, 05:17 PM   #7
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickypaws View Post
I know that house and it's one ugly looking house. Stupid looking Greek statues everywhere. Cheesy and cheap with no taste. It's a baller's house.

And it's a crap location. Right on the PCH on the corner of Encinal Canyon. Small lot, no yard, all concreted over, noisy with traffic. 1/2 acre that was bought bare in 2000 for half a mil. Then somebody built that monstrosity on the tiny lot.

6000sf on .53 acres is goofy just about anywhere. Unless it is 3 story/town home style, which I bet it is not.

Oh I know the style so well. Down a few streets over some "people" moved in and now have big tacky statues lining the front of the circular drive. Even though they are behind the gate/fence you can't miss them. 22" chrome rims on a cHummer and a 300C.

I wish some kids would get wild and crawl over the fence and bust them to dust with sledge hammers.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2010, 05:25 PM   #8
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

I kid you not.

Almost exactamundo style/lack there of. They might get runned off by the sheriff.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-07-2010, 08:05 PM   #9
stickypaws
Dictator
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
I kid you not.

Almost exactamundo style/lack there of. They might get runned off by the sheriff.
LOL. That's a pic of the House of Davids in Hancock Park east of Hollywood. The place is hilarious. The guy has several cars (including a Bentley) all painted the same pumpkin metallic orange. Every Christmas he puts up wacky decorations. It's become a destination for tourists.

Check it out here: http://la.metblogs.com/2007/01/02/ho...ristmas-style/

Appreciate 0
      04-08-2010, 05:55 AM   #10
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Your pic put some scale in play.

The statues at the house I am talking about put those to shame. They must be 12' head to toe.

No "Bigger in Texas" cracks please. Gaudy.

Could the F40 possibly be pumpkin orange?
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2010, 10:18 AM   #11
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Your pic put some scale in play.

The statues at the house I am talking about put those to shame. They must be 12' head to toe.

No "Bigger in Texas" cracks please. Gaudy.

Could the F40 possibly be pumpkin orange?
No it's "rosso corsa". I believe from the pictures I've seen.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2010, 12:08 PM   #12
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

I was goofing.

I don't think if it was plated in platinum it would help that property sell according to S paws. Nice gimmick but people don't drop 4.4 for a POS property that happens to have a cool car in the garage.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2010, 01:12 PM   #13
f=ma
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickypaws View Post

yeah no way a house would be that cheap, esp in Malibu
      04-08-2010, 01:50 PM   #14
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

$733 a sf isn't a bad deal for an ocean view. I moved from Laguna Beach to Dallas, if you're trying to compare Texas real estate to beach side real estate in Malibu, you're off your meds.

From the article:
The house across the street is asking $49m!

Makes you wonder what they're offering to throw in. Maybe a garage full of old, real Bugattii?
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2010, 02:16 PM   #15
stickypaws
Dictator
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
$733 a sf isn't a bad deal for an ocean view. I moved from Laguna Beach to Dallas, if you're trying to compare Texas real estate to beach side real estate in Malibu, you're off your meds.

From the article:
The house across the street is asking $49m!

Makes you wonder what they're offering to throw in. Maybe a garage full of old, real Bugattii?
fwiw, that house "across the street" (which is actually a highway) is on the correct side of the PCH. It's right on the ocean with beach access and sits on a lot 2x the size and with real trees and landscaping; not a cement yard. It's a nice estate. The place with the Ferrari is somebody's bad wet dream.

$733/sq ft is more than acceptable for Malibu. But where in Malibu is what matters. There are a lot of nice properties in the 'Boo, but also a lot of crap here, too.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2010, 02:17 PM   #16
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

The 49M home is how many sf/# trees/acre plot/build compositions?

redbreads. I know going US sf prices more so than your average bear.

No meds here but thanks for the concern.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2010, 02:33 PM   #17
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Redbread, I can see how you may have misinterpreted my post. No problemo.

This is listed down the Tollway from me. Interior finish out is ultra plush and the build quality is w/o expense spared. THE "old money" neighborhood for some. Look at the size of those Koi(sp) in the last pic.

Like this for a main address and about 2500sf in the boo for June/mid September would be just hunky dory.

$1,102 sf. Asking $13,995,000.00
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-08-2010, 02:33 PM   #18
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The 49M home is how many sf/# trees/acre plot/build compositions?

redbreads. I know going US sf prices more so than your average bear.

No meds here but thanks for the concern.
Likewise, with many years experience in the industry. Not really trying to insult, but I simply see lots of Texans react to house pricing in other markets without an understanding of just how cheap any Texas real estate is in comparison. The nicest parts of Dallas, Austin and Houston in terms of $/sf won't get you a view of the ocean on either coast.

I did notice that the pricier one is across PCH, which of course would effect pricing, and the original house is anything but well done, yet it could possibly meet the listed price. Of course lots of folks in SoCal still list things at a price that hasn't been realistic in many years. My old neighborhood had a price range of about four fold on essentially the same product.

For the record, I still hold the F40 above any modern Fezza, so I get what the owner is trying to do, but wouldn't imagine he'd find the limited audience to pitch this to.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2010, 02:36 PM   #19
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

This is listed down the Tollway from me. Interior finish out is ultra plush and the build quality is w/o expense spared. THE "old money" neighborhood for some.

There's no doubt that your money goes further here, I'll certainly give you that. I'd still take the ocean any day, I'm in UP now, and love the pricing, but if California had a job market and my wife were barred out there, I'd go back in a second.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2010, 03:00 PM   #20
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

UP is nice. My brother and his family live down there. I just got fed up with the narrow streets/potholes and overall crowded feeling. Getting old I guess so I flew a bit north of you.

That home is in Preston Hollow.

If it was just a wave of a wand I would be in Costa Rica/surfing, eating skrimps and drinking cold beer for a living.

Cal is very nice don't get me wrong. Being born and raised here it is just not home but a nice place to visit friends/SD.

If this is going to be your first summer here you better enjoy this Cal like weather while it lasts. I never have and never will enjoy the melt months of Texas summers. BRUTAL!
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2010, 03:23 PM   #21
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
If this is going to be your first summer here you better enjoy this Cal like weather while it lasts. I never have and never will enjoy the melt months of Texas summers. BRUTAL!
Nope, very familiar with these summers, grew up in HP, was just out in CA for a few years. Didn't have a/c, but was right by PCH, so it wasn't too bad. Still nice to be able to use it now.

I worked in Frankfurt for a few years so don't see many US streets as narrow any more, but do miss the Autobahn.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2010, 06:06 PM   #22
The__J__Factor
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: ///M Coupe

Quote:

This is listed down the Tollway from me. Interior finish out is ultra plush and the build quality is w/o expense spared. THE "old money" neighborhood for some. Look at the size of those Koi(sp) in the last pic.

Like this for a main address and about 2500sf in the boo for June/mid September would be just hunky dory.

That is unreal!
$14 million wont buy anything near that scale here.
Z4 M Coupe - H&R - RE Diablo - RPi - Tekarbon - Sold
Appreciate 0