E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Next car will be BLACK, looking for feedback on my shopping list!

07-18-2009, 07:53 PM   #1
E82tt6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 Black Saphire Z4 MC

Next car will be BLACK, looking for feedback on my shopping list!

I already have most of the Zaino line, lots of MF towels, plenty of applicator pads, etc. I do not have any carauba wax or any sort, nor a PC or Powerball. I have set up a small detailing area in my garage so I'll be ready for the new car. All my other cars have had EASY paint colors, but I'm really starting to enjoy the wash/wax, and my next car will be black without a doubt.

Here's what I'm thinking...
DI Foam Gun: http://www.detailedimage.com/Gilmour...allon-Tank-S1/
DI Wheel kit: http://www.detailedimage.com/DI-Pack...rter-Kit-P143/
DD Porter Cable/Menzerna Polish kit: http://www.detailersdomain.com/index...ROD&ProdID=432
Uber Wheel Well Brush (Sick of using MF Towels)
Racatac: http://www.detailersdomain.com/index...ROD&ProdID=418

I'm also thinking of getting a good Carauba wax to try... Thinking Dodo Juice Puple Haze, Pinnacle Souveran, or CG's Pete's 53 Black Pearl Signiture.

This look good to you guys, approval? suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2009, 08:11 PM   #2
jopa489
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything with Wheels

List is looking good, though you will need some soap and clay. CG Citrus Wash & Gloss is good stuff, as is PB Super Slick N' Suds.

For ideal protection and shine, you will want a sealant and a wax. Menzerna FMJ, Optimum OptiSeal and CG Jet Seal are all good - I personally like FMJ.

For wax, it depends on what you want to spend. Poorboy's Natty's Blue is an awesome wax for black cars and a very good value. Purple Haze is my current choice of wax, but I'll be trying some Supernatural next. All of the waxes you've listed are quality though, and you will be very happy with the results using any of them.

X7 LCI // Incoming
C7 ZR1 ZTK // Sebring + TRX // Hydro + Raptor Gen1 Roush // Tuxedo
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2009, 08:17 PM   #3
E82tt6
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopa489 View Post
List is looking good, though you will need some soap and clay. CG Citrus Wash & Gloss is good stuff, as is PB Super Slick N' Suds.

For ideal protection and shine, you will want a sealant and a wax. Menzerna FMJ, Optimum OptiSeal and CG Jet Seal are all good - I personally like FMJ.

For wax, it depends on what you want to spend. Poorboy's Natty's Blue is an awesome wax for black cars and a very good value. Purple Haze is my current choice of wax, but I'll be trying some Supernatural next. All of the waxes you've listed are quality though, and you will be very happy with the results using any of them.
Sorry, should have mentioned, already have clay and wash (use the Zaino Z7).

Would Z5 work as a sealant? I've heard mixed reports about how it works out with a carnauba wax.

Also worth mentioning that I have a Force Dryer (4hp) that my GF uses for dog grooming :-D.

Thanks very much for the feedback, your car looks fantastic!
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2009, 09:44 PM   #4
twinturboa51
Captain
Armenia
Rep
Drives: Mineral Grey F80 M3

Looks like you got a good setup already. i would reccomend dropping the wheel kit and get the PB Wheel sealant seperate and the p21 seperate because it sounds like you have plenty of mf towels and applicators. i would add the ezdetail brush. also you might want to look at the CG Gel wheel cleaner i use itand it works great, and its a little cheaper than p21. i would also give a +1 on Nattys. cant beat the shine for $20, i reapply monthly to keep a good coat on there.

Post some pics when you get the car
      07-18-2009, 10:40 PM   #5
E82tt6
Colonel
Rep

Thanks for the advice!
Appreciate 0