E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Dart Charge another redicilous service!!!

12-09-2014, 08:27 AM   #1
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36

Dart Charge another redicilous service!!!

Sorry guys, thought to share my frustration here as some of you might be experiencing the same.

I had local resident dart account.
Since I changed my car to F10 recently. I collected the car on 30/11 and I sent them V5 of the car on the same day.

So with previous company (dart tag), they were updating your car details in 24-48 hours max.

So, When I sent them e-mail with my V5 on 30/11, I did not get any acknowledgement e-mail.

So on Monday 1/12, I tried to ring them. You will not believe. It was on automated machine saying that 'we are busy and visit our website' and they were terminating the calls. I tried multiple times and each time I had the same response.

Tried on 2/12 and despite of 49 minutes on hold, nobody answered my car.

Finally on 3/12 somebody responded. Apologised and said that it will be done in next 24-48 hours. He told me that he had spoken to the manager of local resident scheme and job will be done.

I rang on 4/12 just to check if I was on 24-48 hour list and guy said there is no documentation of that. I requested to speak to manager and I was told that somebody would get in touch in next 24 hours. It did not happen.

So 24 hours later, on 5/12 I rang again. A girl said that it takes 5 working days to get it update. So I had to remind her that I sent the documentation on 30/11 and it was 5th day. She could not answer my or assist me any further. I also informed her that I was expecting a call from the manager and she said that there is no documentation mentioning that.
I requested her to generate that so I can speak to one of the manager. She assured me that I should hear from them on saturday 6/12.

So here Monday comes (8/12) and I sent them a polite e-mail requesting update on my account.

Today is 9/12 and no response / No e-mail.

Without being disrespectful, people who are in the call centre appeared to be jobless youngsters and perhaps government trying to give them jobs. But why telling porkies that your case has been escalated and expect to hear from our manager.

Also, how many owners would have changed their cars from 30/11 - 5/12 that this organisation cannot cope?

I was also told that their key performance indicator is to update local resident scheme account in 5 days. Well they have not done it.

Website is useless as I tried to update my balance and website was not functional on 4/12.

Also, there is no option to put complaint and if you do so, I can see where it will go.

Now apart from these account issues, people would like to know if congestion has eased off.
Well going from Essex to Kent, it has defo eased off. They have used last 4 lanes on the left side to keep the traffic going.

However when you go from Kent to essex, barriers are still there. They open instantly, so traffic is slightly eased off.
But as soon as you enter into tunnels, traffic starts there. You will be travelling at 10-20mph.

I am running out of ideas how to deal with these bunch of cowboys
Anybody has any idea?
      12-09-2014, 08:41 AM   #2
nicktyler
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i (sadly gone)

Garage List
There is an office on the Kent side that you can go into:

Connect Plus Services
Crossing Offices
S Orbital Rd
Dartford DA1 5PR

They might have changed this as well but they messed about when I changed my car a few months ago but it was a different story when faced with me at the reception desk!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2014, 09:23 AM   #3
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicktyler View Post
There is an office on the Kent side that you can go into:

Connect Plus Services
Crossing Offices
S Orbital Rd
Dartford DA1 5PR

They might have changed this as well but they messed about when I changed my car a few months ago but it was a different story when faced with me at the reception desk!
Nick
With Dart charge going under government, they had to close that office. Thier (dart tag) e-mails and phone numbers are not working and they are directing you to dart charge website / number and their e-mail.
It is gone under new company named Dart Charge. Dart tag was miles better than Dart charge.
      12-09-2014, 10:02 AM   #4
nicktyler
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
I suppose that is what we are all supposed to accept as 'progress'
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2014, 12:35 PM   #5
1 AKY
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F11 530d

Hi Sam

As frustrating as it may sound , I'd suggest sending them a simple email everyday (to a valid address of course) to at least show that any shortcomings have been entirely on their part.....just in case they try and stick anything on you.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2014, 01:20 PM   #6
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I suppose that is what we are all supposed to accept as 'progress'
Surely, victims of paying unnecessary money (at the top of road tax and tax on fuel).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 AKY View Post
Hi Sam

As frustrating as it may sound , I'd suggest sending them a simple email everyday (to a valid address of course) to at least show that any shortcomings have been entirely on their part.....just in case they try and stick anything on you.
I wrote a polite complaint and send it to their correspondence address.
Your idead is good.
I will start sending e-mail every day....

Very disappointing.
      12-09-2014, 02:28 PM   #7
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

What can I say.... just checked my e-mail

IMPORTANT - NOTIFICATION OF INSUFFICIENT FUNDS

Your Dart Charge account balance unfortunately has insufficient funds to pay for any further crossings. You should check your current balance and make a payment into your account at www.gov.uk/dart-charge.

If your account balance goes below £0.00, it will be suspended. You will then not be able to use your account to pay for further crossings and you will not benefit from a discount.

So you should now ensure there are sufficient funds in your account or make alternative payments for all recent and future crossings. Failure to do so may result in a penalty charge.

You can avoid needing to remember to top-up your account by having an Auto-Top-Up. You can do this online at www.gov.uk/dart-charge or by contacting Dart Charge Customer Services.

If you have enquiries about your account, please contact Dart Charge Customer Services using the information below.

Yours sincerely,

sign
Christian Copin
Dart Charge Service Delivery Manager

Logged in to my account. Tried to add the balance manually and there is NO option to do it online.
I have already selected auto option that if it goes below £10 then it should automatically top up to £10 since last week.
Worst part is that it does not show you remaining balance.
I am defo below £10 but then it did not renew my balance automatically to add some funds into my account despite of having my debit card details.

Superb!!!
      12-10-2014, 09:02 AM   #8
ed330D
Private First Class
France
Rep
Drives: E92 330D

When I first heard of this I thought WTF. I live in France and use the Dartford crossing when visiting friends and family in the UK.

From what I can tell foreign registered vehicles are all on a win situation; the magic cameras system generate a demand and send it to....?

For a laugh I went to the Gov site to see what would happen if I tried to make an advanced payment: entered country, then the reg number. Not recognised. Ahh shame. I won't try to guess how many foreign drivers will pay the charge, but it won't be many.

Why on earth didn't they introduce the system used on French motorways (and now available in the UK I believe):
you attach a sender to you screen;
use one of the dedicated lanes at the toll gate;
slow down to 20mph at the toll barrier;
and each month end you get a detailed bill.

Those who haven't joined the scheme have to queue (in a different lane). Once you've experienced how well it works you soon get yourself a sender.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2014, 10:54 AM   #9
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed330D View Post
When I first heard of this I thought WTF. I live in France and use the Dartford crossing when visiting friends and family in the UK.

From what I can tell foreign registered vehicles are all on a win situation; the magic cameras system generate a demand and send it to....?

For a laugh I went to the Gov site to see what would happen if I tried to make an advanced payment: entered country, then the reg number. Not recognised. Ahh shame. I won't try to guess how many foreign drivers will pay the charge, but it won't be many.

Why on earth didn't they introduce the system used on French motorways (and now available in the UK I believe):
you attach a sender to you screen;
use one of the dedicated lanes at the toll gate;
slow down to 20mph at the toll barrier;
and each month end you get a detailed bill.

Those who haven't joined the scheme have to queue (in a different lane). Once you've experienced how well it works you soon get yourself a sender.
Well our government liked to have the payment in advance except if it is one random visit.
And reason for that flexibility is gaining £70 out of those who may forget and may struggle to pay!

Never mind, coming back to my case it is getting personal now.

I rang the customer services and I was told that somebody tried to call you last night 20:56 and my number was busy. Also, there was no option for the voice mail.

Fumed me!!!
Well I was not on the phone and my voice mail is always enabled. Double checked my phone number with them and they have correct phone number.
So, lies after lies to hide their deficiencies.

I have highlighted these issues last week and none of them have bee resolved.

1- You cannot see how much remaining balance is there in your account. Tried firefox, internet explorer and chrome. No difference.
2- You cannot manually add the balance from their website.
3- Automatic top up (when it goes below certain value) did not work in my case.

And best part is the stinking attitude of all the staff sitting in those call centers. They have been given the jobs but not enough training and authority to look into accounts.

The girl who answered my phone call today charged me £20 for local resident scheme one more time (as I already paid it earlier this year). When prompted that I should not be charged twice in one year as I changed my car only not the account she then stated we'll waive it off this time....
Bunch of cowboys.
      12-10-2014, 03:58 PM   #10
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Bunch of fucking morons in this country....
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2014, 07:00 AM   #11
nicktyler
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
I am having problems with them now. I have a statement Through email saying I have plenty of credit but on the site it says 0 crossings and if I try to add funds or send them a message I get an error.

Really well managed system all round.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2014, 07:09 AM   #12
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I am having problems with them now. I have a statement Through email saying I have plenty of credit but on the site it says 0 crossings and if I try to add funds or send them a message I get an error.

Really well managed system all round.
Nick
Proper cowboys. Website is not up and running and the launched it.
People in the call centres are not trained but they started services.
Best bet is to ring them and ask.

I have not heard anything from them as of yet. I have sent two complaints but perhaps both of them are ignored.

Never ever came across such a useless company!