E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > C63 amg, spec when leasing

02-19-2013, 01:30 AM   #67
JLR1969
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Kubota GR1600

Quote:
Originally Posted by briers View Post
I can't take much more

Poor Jon, was it because he drove the hair dressers amg as you all put it? He gets all this stick

It was a v nice car - he pounced on me tho for dribbling that ice cream everywhere
How very dare you

I had forgotten it was you with that ice cream, how on earth did you manage to get in such a mess funny though.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 02:38 AM   #68
Palmnuts
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Huracan Evo & M8 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
Andrew are you saying all C63's make 500HP?
All Performance Pack Plus versions will be there or thereabouts.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 03:32 AM   #69
RichJ
First Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: E92 M-Sport 330i Le Mans Blue

Is there that much of a difference with the facelift version compared to non facelift (aside of dashboard). Is the new gearbox that much better? Seems to be very few facelift cars with PPP & Performance suspension & diff... The earlier cars fully spec'd with PPP & suspension etc seem very good value now.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 05:43 AM   #70
briers
Ben
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla p85d

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLR1969 View Post
How very dare you

I had forgotten it was you with that ice cream, how on earth did you manage to get in such a mess funny though.

was so full after lunch and was practically touching cloth and nothing i could do about it in the middle of a field practically. I've never felt so disappointed with the BMW hard suspension on the journey back to the pub.

But as it was kindly purchased by (someone) probably Andrew or Tony i obliged and did my best but as you saw and took great amusement in ripping me for i got it all over my hands like a child.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 01:40 PM   #71
335DPOWER
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Soon to be a c63

My mrs wants privacy glass, if I spec this will all the windows have a light tint or will it be the rear plus back 2 windows only ?

Also will I get a choice on how dark they will be?
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 02:34 PM   #72
Palmnuts
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

I thought you could only get privacy (factory fit) on the estate? Are you ordering the saloon?

Either way, if you do get factory-fit privacy, it'll only be B-Pillar back, so nothing on the front side windows.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 03:46 PM   #73
sheps
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Mine were done by pentagon as a post delivery thing.
Looks perfect and no issues. It also gives a greater spectrum of choice in terms of shade.

Replaced by 6.2 litres of AMG powered C class.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 04:40 PM   #74
335DPOWER
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Hi yes I have ordered a saloon,privacy is a £14 inc option on the car so I guess it will be done at the factory, I just need to check that it will not be to dark.

This is only the second time I have ordered a new car ( the first time I was 17 an it was a saxo VTR lol) so I am bit nervous as to not seeing what I'm getting as such before I buy it.

I have ordered the car in polar white which I have been told is a more solid white colour which is what I am after but am now worrying as to whether I should of gone for diamond white?
Has any one seen both of these colours in the flesh? And what are the differences.
What white was yours palmnuts?
Thanks for your help lee
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 05:23 PM   #75
Palmnuts
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheps View Post
Mine were done by pentagon as a post delivery thing.
Looks perfect and no issues. It also gives a greater spectrum of choice in terms of shade.
I had them do my C63 too and I was generally happy with them. But, like with all tints, there was always a very feint line round the outside where it didn't bond perfectly between the black 'bobbles' that edge the glass.

It was VERY good in comparison to other tints I've seem (to the point I;d have it again) but my OCD tells me it wasn't 'perfect'

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335DPOWER View Post
Hi yes I have ordered a saloon,privacy is a £14 inc option on the car so I guess it will be done at the factory, I just need to check that it will not be to dark.

This is only the second time I have ordered a new car ( the first time I was 17 an it was a saxo VTR lol) so I am bit nervous as to not seeing what I'm getting as such before I buy it.

I have ordered the car in polar white which I have been told is a more solid white colour which is what I am after but am now worrying as to whether I should of gone for diamond white?
Has any one seen both of these colours in the flesh? And what are the differences.
What white was yours palmnuts?
Thanks for your help lee
Wow, a £14 option....no brainer

I too had a VTR back when they were the car to have as a teenager - at 17, 18 and 19 years old I bought a new Saxo every year ('peaking' with a VTR ) and got my years free insurance with each one. You don't get that these days now do you! I still reckon buying those cars and standing the first years depreciation meant I had a better, nicer car than all my mates and it actually cost me less (no repairs, no insurance no....nothing, except fuel)

My C63 was Calcite White which is the same as Polar - it was flat anyway. I also now have Diamond White on my E Class Coupe. A few observations:

Diamond looks lovely in the right light, but the pearl effect is very subtle.

Diamond white appears very brittle - it is picking up the odd chip quite easily (and not just on the front - in fact, hardly at all on the front but after 2k miles, it already has 4-5 annoying chips around the body).

This wasn't apparent with the solid white but then I did have a paint protection film on my C63. Also, I can't really see why there'd be a difference due to the colour because all modern paints have a clear lacquer, of which Mercs is known to be one of the hardest and most durable in the world (it's certainly a much harder paint than most other cars I've had). Maybe this hardness explains it's tendency to chip but then my SLS is 100% stone chip free (and is definitely still on factory paint; my paint depth gauge confirms it's never had any part 'blown over' to cover up chips)

In summary, whilst I always hankered after the Diamond White when I didn't have it, I probably wouldn't bother again now I have had it and seen just how subtle the effect is.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 12:52 PM   #76
335DPOWER
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

That's £14 pm extra not overall,

I had it factory fit on my 335 and it looked really good,but that was a black car
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2013, 10:01 AM   #77
chrisbin
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 640i MSport Coupe

Polar white is a very white white, whereas calcite was a bit creamier....as for chipping, mine has picked up a few on the front spoiler, but the bodywork has been fine so far...just a right PITA to keep properly clean but thats my own fault for buying another white car!!!

Polar white here (on the left!!)

Previous - Alpina D3 BiTurbo E90 LCI Manual, 320d M Sport E92 Auto, 330i M Sport E92 courtesy of BMW UK....320i M Sport E92 Auto, 320d SE E90 Manual.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 11:04 AM   #78
335DPOWER
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

well, all order up and have a est delivery of june/july!!!

polar white,,red leather, usual spec only extras i speced where the 19" titanium wheels and privacy glass.

lonnnnnnggggg old wait now.

Already wached all the c63 vids on you tube lol
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 11:36 AM   #79
peterg1965
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335d M Sport, F15 X5 40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335DPOWER View Post
well, all order up and have a est delivery of june/july!!!

polar white,,red leather, usual spec only extras i speced where the 19" titanium wheels and privacy glass.

lonnnnnnggggg old wait now.

Already wached all the c63 vids on you tube lol
Gives you time to saves some extra money towards the petrol bill
Looking forward to seeing the pictures, what was the final payment profile?
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 12:54 PM   #80
briers
Ben
United Kingdom
Rep

That white estate is the nuts - would love a c63 in that

I should have bought one instead of my xfr - oh well deals done now

Always planned on having a c63, now I know which one. I looked only at saloons but now I've seen that, yes please...
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 01:05 PM   #81
shrink
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 325i SE

XF-R.... Oooofffttr, nice work. It'll be prettier, comfier and less frantic than the merc. I've driven them quite a bit and they are ace
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 01:20 PM   #82
briers
Ben
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks Shrink

I really enjoyed the test drives I've had in them. Image aside its ballistic, very capable, incredible electrically assisted diff and dampening and very comfortable. I need a bigger car and I've found myself buying a fully loaded one. I admit I faltered so many times, the allure of the c63 is so strong.

Bizarrely I've already earmarked it for the xfr's replacement.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 01:28 PM   #83
shrink
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 325i SE

The c63 is a bit Tail happy for me.. It's nt a car I'd feel relaxed driving. The ride is rock hard and some of the interior on the c class (which is a lower end car than an xf) feels. Bit low rent. The xf is better built in terms of interior spec, and is a much smoother car to be behind the wheel of. It's the one I'd choose for sure. I find the c63 just a tiny bit vulgar.

Bear in mind jaguar will be going aluminium platform on the xf soon, and that's likely to be superb, even with the same engines
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 02:06 PM   #84
335DPOWER
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterg1965 View Post
Gives you time to saves some extra money towards the petrol bill
Looking forward to seeing the pictures, what was the final payment profile?
Thanks you have pm.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 02:32 PM   #85
briers
Ben
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrink View Post
The c63 is a bit Tail happy for me.. It's nt a car I'd feel relaxed driving. The ride is rock hard and some of the interior on the c class (which is a lower end car than an xf) feels. Bit low rent. The xf is better built in terms of interior spec, and is a much smoother car to be behind the wheel of. It's the one I'd choose for sure. I find the c63 just a tiny bit vulgar.

Bear in mind jaguar will be going aluminium platform on the xf soon, and that's likely to be superb, even with the same engines
Yea I heard the xfr would be aluminium next time. I think we won't see the new model until 2016. I should think by then, 200kg lighter maybe even 250kg or 300kg, it will be superb.

The c63 is a proper rude car and I love it and would love to own one next. Especially that white estate. For now I will enjoy the xfr as it serves more than 1 purpose for me at this time.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 02:59 PM   #86
335DPOWER
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by briers View Post
Yea I heard the xfr would be aluminium next time. I think we won't see the new model until 2016. I should think by then, 200kg lighter maybe even 250kg or 300kg, it will be superb.

The c63 is a proper rude car and I love it and would love to own one next. Especially that white estate. For now I will enjoy the xfr as it serves more than 1 purpose for me at this time.
I think the white estate is a 250/350 d still a beautifull looking car
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 03:14 PM   #87
briers
Ben
United Kingdom
Rep

Yes in chris' sig 250cdi
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 04:15 PM   #88
chrisbin
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 640i MSport Coupe

Glad you like it guys!

I would absolutely LOVE a C63 but the fuel bills would kill me, so it had to be the 250!

Interesting comparison with the XF - personally I find the Jag interior a bit too plasticky and gimmicky. Nice cars though.

Look forward to the C63 pics in due course

Previous - Alpina D3 BiTurbo E90 LCI Manual, 320d M Sport E92 Auto, 330i M Sport E92 courtesy of BMW UK....320i M Sport E92 Auto, 320d SE E90 Manual.
Appreciate 0