E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Cheap gearwrenches & roll cabs @ sears

10-30-2013, 06:04 PM   #1
N8N
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i 6MT

Cheap gearwrenches & roll cabs @ sears

online only, so either order online or go to the store and punch it up on your smart phone & make them price match

full gearwrench set (the standard ones, not the reversible ones) $50

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-20pc-...6&AID=11042411

only downside is no 19mm (WTF?) still $100 in stores so see above re: price matching

Halfway decent roll cabinet 3 piece set $325

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-26-in...009CO56572812B

Not pro shop grade but way better than your average home garage has in it. Just bought one and a 2nd top chest as a mobile box as I sold my old shitty roll cabs to my roommate and my mobile toolbox literally fell apart the other day. (I'm going to try to get HD replacement latches for it so I can still use it though. Probably it busted because the tools I carried in it weighed more than I do.) For some reason black is way more expensive than red, and you have to print out the online price and bring it into the store (store price is on sale but way higher.)

All the individual pieces are on sale, too, if you don't need the intermediate chest or just want one piece. Only complaint is no latching drawers - you have to lock the box for transport - but for the price it ain't bad at all. Big improvement over my crappy nylon glide drawer, separate lock bars homemoaner grade old POS.

I haven't put mine together yet and one thing that I will do is roll by Fastenal in the morning and get some 1/4" Grade 5 nuts bolts and washers to put the handle and casters on rather than use the hex head self tappers that it comes with.
Appreciate 0