E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Alpine White 335i

03-26-2012, 08:20 AM   #1
Kenzi
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Alpine White 335i

Hey folks.. Just thought I'd post some pics of my 335i. Got it over to WA in Feb after moving from Scotland and importing it when I moved over.

I'll let the pics do the talking...

Last clean before leaving it in July 2011

Leaving for Australia

First view of it in 8 months at customs in Fremantle

I managed to buy the same private reg over here as I had back home

Some pics after its first clean

Last edited by Kenzi; 03-26-2012 at 08:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 08:24 AM   #2
Slow_335i
Daily Driven!
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335I  [7.02]
looks very nice!
      03-26-2012, 08:24 AM   #3
luster
Major
Rep
Drives: e90, e88

I used to hate white cars, until I got an alpine white 3 series....

love it mate, car looks great. rims are nice too!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 10:21 AM   #4
RaihaX
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08' 135i

I need to be on the lookout for your car

Where abouts are you in Perth?

What mods you got on it (beside the obvious exterior ones!).

ps. I love how you are still rocking no front plates !
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 05:37 PM   #5
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
Major General
Rep
Drives: a black car

Love it! AW + LMs + Msport = Win

And welcome to Australia.

Just watch out for drop bears in your area...
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 06:18 PM   #6
sbce90
Me Boosta
Australia
Rep
Drives: 320i / MB C63 / VW up!

Welcome mate! How much did it cost to import? You probably saved yourself a tonne of money compared to buying one here.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 06:46 PM   #7
BMWGTR
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Alpine White is awesome. White or Black, can't go wrong. That's my theory when it comes to cars (BMWs in particular).

How did you find the personal import scheme? My Uncle is moving here from overseas later on next year and I'm planning to import a car via the aforementioned scheme. I'm just trying to gauge how anal the authorities are when it comes to origin of car, rego papers etc.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 07:10 PM   #8
pavo335
Banned
Rep
Drives: 3.5 wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmroxm5 View Post

And if your not a vegemite fan, you will need to tell the chix at maccas to not put any on your big mac.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 08:20 PM   #9
Kenzi
Private
Australia
Rep

Thanks folks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaihaX View Post
I need to be on the lookout for your car

Where abouts are you in Perth?

What mods you got on it (beside the obvious exterior ones!).

ps. I love how you are still rocking no front plates !
I stay in Rivervale.. Just moved out of the city last month, but work in North Freo!

No big mods to be honest apart from the obvious ones. First one here was to get my windows tinted!! Makes a huge difference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmroxm5 View Post

Drop bears??

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbce90 View Post
Welcome mate! How much did it cost to import? You probably saved yourself a tonne of money compared to buying one here.
All in all.. Around $15,500 to import. Thats totalling EVERY cost up, which is still cheaper than buying one second hand here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGTR View Post
Alpine White is awesome. White or Black, can't go wrong. That's my theory when it comes to cars (BMWs in particular).

How did you find the personal import scheme? My Uncle is moving here from overseas later on next year and I'm planning to import a car via the aforementioned scheme. I'm just trying to gauge how anal the authorities are when it comes to origin of car, rego papers etc.
It was rather easy, just very time consuming and very, very lengthy. Be prepared for them to mess you about, be extremely slow, not contact you for weeks on end and then rinse you dry of your cash!! But its all worth while if you want your baby over!!

He will need to have owned it for a year before being able to import it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavo335 View Post
And if your not a vegemite fan, you will need to tell the chix at maccas to not put any on your big mac.
Vegemite - PASS!

I was looking into a remap for the car but got quoted $2000!!! Back home you can get an Evolve remap for £400.

Come time I'm gona get the front bumper and bonnet refreshed as theres a few stone chips from back home. For time being I'm looking to get it detailed though so if anyone knows of anywhere/anyone who can do that let me know!

Also, what can I use to protect my dash and is there anywhere here to touch up my drivers bolster as its a little faded and I wanted to protect my leather too
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 08:37 PM   #10
Kenzi
Private
Australia
Rep

Some pics of my old Alpine White M3 - VERY rare to get an original in the UK

Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 08:44 PM   #11
RaihaX
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzi View Post
Thanks folks!!

I stay in Rivervale.. Just moved out of the city last month, but work in North Freo!
Ah right I work at Morley and live at Murdoch so I may see you car

Quote:

Drop bears??
Drop bears are commonly said to be unusually large, vicious, carnivorous koalas (although the Koala is not a bear) that inhabit treetops and attack their prey by dropping onto their heads from above

Quote:

I was looking into a remap for the car but got quoted $2000!!! Back home you can get an Evolve remap for £400.

Come time I'm gona get the front bumper and bonnet refreshed as theres a few stone chips from back home. For time being I'm looking to get it detailed though so if anyone knows of anywhere/anyone who can do that let me know!

Also, what can I use to protect my dash and is there anywhere here to touch up my drivers bolster as its a little faded and I wanted to protect my leather too
Have you looked into COBB? that is what I am using and it is great ! What flash did you get quoted for? Kraftwerk from BMTechniks?

I would recommend Adam from OCDDetailing (0407 22 42 43) or Des from AutoFX (0412 034 861) both great. I know Adam is fully booked for the next 2 months from memory.

I am sure either one of them can give you recommendation in regards to your interior.

ps. Love your AW E46 M3, I wanted one of those but apparently there was only 5 AW E46 M3 in Australia! so the chances of me getting one second hand was quite low
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 10:20 PM   #12
Kenzi
Private
Australia
Rep

If you see me give me a flash then! I'm loving the 1 series at the moment, I almost went for one of them.

Any idea where those guys are located and rough estimate prices of a detail in WA?

Yes, it was BMTechnik's. They carried out my service a few weeks ago along with my other halfs Mini cooper, fantastic service!!

I spoke to evolve in the UK and they wanted £550 to ship the cable over, email them my ECU data then email me it back remapped to upload. I guess it would work out well if a few people with a 335i wanted to do it??

Yeh, I loved the E46 too, just wanted something newer. There was only 5 genuine ones in the UK also, more and more were being painted so that was another reason I wanted to sell it.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 10:31 PM   #13
pavo335
Banned
Rep

imho i see no need to look any further than the 2 piggies or a corn cobb. its a volume thing they have the most cars by far. If you look at the tune comparo sticky all the features/functions are there.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 10:32 PM   #14
RaihaX
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
If you see me give me a flash then! I'm loving the 1 series at the moment, I almost went for one of them.

Any idea where those guys are located and rough estimate prices of a detail in WA?

Yes, it was BMTechnik's. They carried out my service a few weeks ago along with my other halfs Mini cooper, fantastic service!!

I spoke to evolve in the UK and they wanted £550 to ship the cable over, email them my ECU data then email me it back remapped to upload. I guess it would work out well if a few people with a 335i wanted to do it??

Yeh, I loved the E46 too, just wanted something newer. There was only 5 genuine ones in the UK also, more and more were being painted so that was another reason I wanted to sell it.
Definitely will !

Adam is North of the River and Des is south of the river (Canningvale area), they are between $80-$600 depending on what you go for, best if you give them a call.

Glad you were happy with BMTechniks, I had a bit of a problem with them unfortunately .

Bad thing about Perth is that there are barely anyone here with a 135/335i, would find it hard to do a group buy. I have heard about Evolve but it seems COBB seems to be a lot more flexible and there are always constant development on it.

Quote:
imho i see no need to look any further than the 2 piggies or a corn cobb. its a volume thing they have the most cars by far. If you look at the tune comparo sticky all the features/functions are there.
+1

Last edited by RaihaX; 03-26-2012 at 10:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 10:33 PM   #15
pavo335
Banned
Rep

fwiw i cant stand the stock exhaust tips they just look wrong
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 10:46 PM   #16
woosh
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: rs

That M3 is gorgeous! Shame you didn't bring that over... you would've been able to maintain resale I reckon =P

I agree with pavo, when I saw the pics last night first thing I noticed was the sagging exhaust. Nice job bringing an M Sport 335i MT into the country though haha... there aren't too many getting around in Aus. Enjoy your stay
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 11:31 PM   #17
Kenzi
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Can you explain what you mean by this mate?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 11:38 PM   #18
rayz
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 323

Pcock demystified:

What he's saying is that you're better off with a JB4 or Procede (piggyback tunes), or Cobb as it's tried and tested on many cars. Look up the sticky post thread on tunes for the comparisons of features of the three.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 11:41 PM   #19
rayz
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 323

And welcome to the forums mate. Sweet ride and congrats on bringing her over for less than what we would pay for a used 335 here!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 12:19 AM   #20
kaitan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: The Dark Side VAG TDI Biturbo

Quote:

Nice AW!! Look SICK!!

BTW since you were living in scotland b4...what are your thought on ECO-Tune??
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 12:50 AM   #21
Ninjaoz
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: E39 540i, E90 320d,F15 30d

Garage List
2011 BMW 320d  [10.00]
very nice, welcome! are these genuine BBS LM? they look great on your AW 335i.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 02:14 AM   #22
335i-boy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i M-Sport

Welcome to OZ mate. I bet you will be enjoying the weather now.

Bloody nice E92 you have there. Very nicely set up. I never thought too much about AW before seeing them on this forum. I am definitely going AW for the next car.

Holy shit that E46 M3 !! You should have bought that over with you so I could buy it.
2008 E92 335i M-Sport | Sapphire Black | Sunroof | Creme Beige | Poplar Grey | Logic 7 | 6AT | 19" AG M359's | Michelin PS4S | LUX V3 | MHD V5 E40 | Steve AZ Walbro inline | Vishnu DCI | BMS CP | AR Design Catless DP's | Forge DV's | Helix IC | (Stock Cat. back) |
Appreciate 0