E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > Big Midwest Meet (Sunday July, 29 2012)

07-30-2012, 02:54 PM   #45
VSmotorsports
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret_Squirrel View Post
Winning the free springs made it a great first meet for me.
Please give us a pm and let us know which H&R springs you will need for your car, and congrats!
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2012, 02:54 PM   #46
CubanJJ09
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: like an asshole

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [6.18]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesal@IND View Post
Carlos thanks for your beef.
Lots of men love my meat
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2012, 03:00 PM   #47
gary88
Ikea enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [7.96]
Not gonna lie, those hot dogs were delicious.

Pics nearly done.
      07-30-2012, 04:11 PM   #48
gary88
Ikea enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [7.96]
Pics are posted

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...9#post12415769
      07-30-2012, 04:28 PM   #49
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 | X5 xdrive 35i MSport

Garage List
nice pic gary, anymore of my smurf LOL
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 01:15 AM   #50
Alex Lipowich
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Green

Photos

Nice pics gary.

Might ask permission copy as I don't have good ones like that of the Z1.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 10:16 AM   #51
gary88
Ikea enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [7.96]
No problem, thanks for bringing it by.
      08-03-2012, 09:59 PM   #52
Ricer X
noted crusty old man
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a man late for work

Garage List
2007 335i  [6.76]
So here is a post I am sure to regret but I'm pretty pissed right now.

Long story with some history that I will spare you involving pms and FB discussions with Mark regarding the charity to benefit from the proceeds of this event.

Bottom line is this, until this evening I was under the impression that a charity that I am president of was receiving the proceeds. The charity helps underpriveledged athletes continue their training in the sport that they excel in with the eye of achieving a college cheer scholarship which is likely their only vehicle to a college education. The organization also supports our special needs program. I don't need to go into detail about that program as it should be self explanitory. Suffice it to say that these kids feel pride and achievement through their accomplishments and participation.

In the end my beef isnt that this charity wasn't selected. These kids are special but no more than any other kids in need. The boys and girls club does great work. My beef is that I am a member of this community. I patronize our vendors and never ask for any sort of discount. I am willing to support those willing to support us. Heck, I've patronized many of the sponsors of this event or talked them up or recommended them to even those outside this forum. I even gave Mark a lead on an open position in his field. I don't expect that to buy me any special favor in the selection of charity either.

What I do expect and where I am extremely angry is that the above should at least buy me the courtesy of follow up questions as to what my charity does and where the money is going. In point of fact, on 7/23 Mark FB messaged me asked me for the info on my charity to post on the forums. No indication of any decision making or qualitative or subjective scrutiny. I have our documents from the IL Dept of Revenue, the IRS, and the State's Atty's office that I would have provided if asked. Mostly, I deserve the courtesy of a communication as to the fact that my charity was not selected and why.

Like I said, I didn't know that it was even a question. Maybe that is my mistake. But as I look back through the discussions, there is no indication of an issue or a possibilty of other selection. There was certainly no communication after the fact.

I urge you in the future to support local organizations, and mostly to at least communicate - especially with other members of the BMW and E90 "family".

Last edited by Ricer X; 08-03-2012 at 11:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2012, 01:04 AM   #53
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricer X View Post
So here is a post I am sure to regret but I'm pretty pissed right now.

Long story with some history that I will spare you involving pms and FB discussions with Mark regarding the charity to benefit from the proceeds of this event.

Bottom line is this, until this evening I was under the impression that a charity that I am president of was receiving the proceeds. The charity helps underpriveledged athletes continue their training in the sport that they excel in with the eye of achieving a college cheer scholarship which is likely their only vehicle to a college education. The organization also supports our special needs program. I don't need to go into detail about that program as it should be self explanitory. Suffice it to say that these kids feel pride and achievement through their accomplishments and participation.

In the end my beef isnt that this charity wasn't selected. These kids are special but no more than any other kids in need. The boys and girls club does great work. My beef is that I am a member of this community. I patronize our vendors and never ask for any sort of discount. I am willing to support those willing to support us. Heck, I've patronized many of the sponsors of this event or talked them up or recommended them to even those outside this forum. I even gave Mark a lead on an open position in his field. I don't expect that to buy me any special favor in the selection of charity either.

What I do expect and where I am extremely angry is that the above should at least buy me the courtesy of follow up questions as to what my charity does and where the money is going. In point of fact, on 7/23 Mark FB messaged me asked me for the info on my charity to post on the forums. No indication of any decision making or qualitative or subjective scrutiny. I have our documents from the IL Dept of Revenue, the IRS, and the State's Atty's office that I would have provided if asked. Mostly, I deserve the courtesy of a communication as to the fact that my charity was not selected and why.

Like I said, I didn't know that it was even a question. Maybe that is my mistake. But as I look back through the discussions, there is no indication of an issue or a possibilty of other selection. There was certainly no communication after the fact.

I urge you in the future to support local organizations, and mostly to at least communicate - especially with other members of the BMW and E90 "family".
Dude you have to be kidding me, I never said I was going to donate to your charity, I asked you for information about it and I talked to the various people who helped me organize it. No where in your letter does it say anything of the sort what you are stating. Here is the letter you sent me:

Quote:
Ultimate Athletics Booster Club (“UABC”), is a non-profit 501(c) (3) organization, and is asking for your support to ensure the success of this year’s All-Star Cheer Teams. *The Booster Club’s mission is to enrich the learning experience for our all-star athletes and to promote the healthy aspects of cheerleading by enhancing our resources through community involvement. *All proceeds are used to promote cheerleading and provide scholarships to athletes at Ultimate Athletics.
To compete in this sport families are faced not only with training costs, but travel and competition fees. *The costs are great but the rewards are greater. *In addition to the usual benefits of team sports of spirit, pride, teamwork, leadership, work ethic, there are collegiate scholarships available as well. *Due to the quality and prestige of Ultimate Athletics, many of our athletes receive collegiate funding for their cheerleading skills. *
However, as mentioned earlier, the costs can be prohibitive. *Therefore, the Ultimate Athletics Booster Club has established the Purple and Blue Fund specifically for athlete’s families with real financial challenges. *Our gym owner , Craig El, came from a distressed background and through cheer was able to go to Louisville on a scholarship and became the success he is today. *Based on that, we firmly believe in helping athletes who may not otherwise be able to fund their training and may miss their only path to higher education. *
I dont see in your letter any of what you are stating and to be honest when we discussed this at the meet we all thought this was a booster type charity to help pay for expenses to travel etc. If you were all about us donating to your charity I would of expected you to show up. But you didn't we made our chose. I appreciate you helping me with a lead for a possible job and I apologize if I mislead you
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2012, 03:08 AM   #54
CubanJJ09
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [6.18]
Seems like bad communication on both parts
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2012, 07:03 AM   #55
Ricer X
noted crusty old man
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [6.76]
First of all Mark, you missed the point. You may or may not agree that the charity is a worthy cause. That is fine and I didn't even have any issues with that. Again, there are alot of great charities out there that do alot of good work and we all can't get every donation.

However...also from the letter:

However, as mentioned earlier, the costs can be prohibitive. Therefore, the Ultimate Athletics Booster Club has established the Purple and Blue Fund specifically for athlete’s families with real financial challenges. Our gym owner , Craig El, came from a distressed background and through cheer was able to go to Louisville on a scholarship and became the success he is today. Based on that, we firmly believe in helping athletes who may not otherwise be able to fund their training and may miss their only path to higher education. Please help us help these athletes.

And even if you did not read the above, why didn't you just ask me Mark? Talk to me first, and then if it still wasn't appropriate, fine. After all, I thought we were friends, or at least forum friends.

As far as telling me vs not telling me you would use it, from our FB messaging:

July 23
Al Villas

didja talk to chad?

July 23
Mark Kwak

not yet was super busy, one question can you provide me info on the charity going to post it on the forums

The last statement...not hey, we are looking at a couple of different things and I will let you know. Not we need more to make a decision. It was give me your info and I will post. Fate accompli....not get me the info so that I can sit on it and judge it from my wealth of experience with other people you didn't know were involved in a process you were never told existed. Nowhere am I told that attendance at the meat was necessary as you chastised me in your FB message today. Was the boys and girls club there at the meat? If you must know where I was, I was giving the one kid that I told you about privately, who benefits from this fund a ride home from his "birth mother's home" as she went on another crack binge and couldn't get him back up north. Further, I don't like to throw out the special needs team always because I don't want to exploit them. It seems wrong to me to do so. But, its not like you don't have my cell phone or can't text me. Don't you think if I thought it was even in doubt in the least that I would have tried harder?

Then, lets say I am completely wrong about all of the above Mark. For all you knew, i was coming to the meat. What if I had showed up with an expectation and was like, WTF? You couldn't even have the stones to follow up with me and let me know?!?! For me to find out the way I did? Really? What kind of man does that? An immature piece of shit, that's what kind of man.

So, again, its not about the charity losing out. Its $600. But realistically, we have very little overhead and nobody gets paid so more of that $600 would benefit those who are intended to get it than in a large charity like boys and girls club. Also, $600 would mean far more to us on our $500k raised annually than the millions upon millions received by boys and girls club. It was the process...or lack of process really, lack of communication, and bluntly shitty way a fellow forum member was treated.

That's the last I'll say on the subject. Don't bother anymore Mark, you can go fuck yourself.

Los, you are exactly correct. Had this been a normal scenario with someone I didn't know or didn't trust and consider a friend I would have followed immediately with a communication as to whether it all made sense, did they need anything more to make it work, did they need me to bring some of the kids by for interview, etc. But I didn't, I figured it was Mark...we've shared 1000's of posts together so if he says he will post the info, we are all good. That is my error essentially, trusting Mark and not following up. That first part won't happen again.

Last edited by Ricer X; 08-04-2012 at 08:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2012, 09:10 AM   #56
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
First of all Mark, you missed the point. You may or may not agree that the charity is a worthy cause. That is fine and I didn't even have any issues with that. Again, there are alot of great charities out there that do alot of good work and we all can't get every donation.

However...also from the letter:

However, as mentioned earlier, the costs can be prohibitive. Therefore, the Ultimate Athletics Booster Club has established the Purple and Blue Fund specifically for athlete’s families with real financial challenges. Our gym owner , Craig El, came from a distressed background and through cheer was able to go to Louisville on a scholarship and became the success he is today. Based on that, we firmly believe in helping athletes who may not otherwise be able to fund their training and may miss their only path to higher education. Please help us help these athletes.

And even if you did not read the above, why didn't you just ask me Mark? Talk to me first, and then if it still wasn't appropriate, fine. After all, I thought we were friends, or at least forum friends.

As far as telling me vs not telling me you would use it, from our FB messaging:

July 23
Al Villas

didja talk to chad?

July 23
Mark Kwak

not yet was super busy, one question can you provide me info on the charity going to post it on the forums

The last statement...not hey, we are looking at a couple of different things and I will let you know. Not we need more to make a decision. It was give me your info and I will post. Fate accompli....not get me the info so that I can sit on it and judge it from my wealth of experience with other people you didn't know were involved in a process you were never told existed. Nowhere am I told that attendance at the meat was necessary as you chastised me in your FB message today. Was the boys and girls club there at the meat? If you must know where I was, I was giving the one kid that I told you about privately, who benefits from this fund a ride home from his "birth mother's home" as she went on another crack binge and couldn't get him back up north. Further, I don't like to throw out the special needs team always because I don't want to exploit them. It seems wrong to me to do so. But, its not like you don't have my cell phone or can't text me. Don't you think if I thought it was even in doubt in the least that I would have tried harder?

Then, lets say I am completely wrong about all of the above Mark. For all you knew, i was coming to the meat. What if I had showed up with an expectation and was like, WTF? You couldn't even have the stones to follow up with me and let me know?!?! For me to find out the way I did? Really? What kind of man does that? An immature piece of shit, that's what kind of man.

So, again, its not about the charity losing out. Its $600. But realistically, we have very little overhead and nobody gets paid so more of that $600 would benefit those who are intended to get it than in a large charity like boys and girls club. Also, $600 would mean far more to us on our $500k raised annually than the millions upon millions received by boys and girls club. It was the process...or lack of process really, lack of communication, and bluntly shitty way a fellow forum member was treated.

That's the last I'll say on the subject. Don't bother anymore Mark, you can go fuck yourself.

Los, you are exactly correct. Had this been a normal scenario with someone I didn't know or didn't trust and consider a friend I would have followed immediately with a communication as to whether it all made sense, did they need anything more to make it work, did they need me to bring some of the kids by for interview, etc. But I didn't, I figured it was Mark...we've shared 1000's of posts together so if he says he will post the info, we are all good. That is my error essentially, trusting Mark and not following up. That first part won't happen again.
You pretty much assumed that was that. Like I said I apologize for not choosing your charity and making it seem like I was picking yours charity. I removed my comments before, I am not looking to fight and I am sorry for causing a issue, but the money went to a good cause and thats that

Last edited by mkPOTO; 08-04-2012 at 09:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2012, 10:17 AM   #57
Ricer X
noted crusty old man
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [6.76]
You don't have to apologize for not picking the charity. I don't understand why you don't get that.

In the future definethe process and inform the participants. Act with honor and integrity particularly with forum and community members and give particular attention to local businesses and charities.

In my opinion you lied to me, acted without honor, and at the very least failed me as a friend. Not by not choosing me but by not even having the honor and courtesy to discuss with me openly. Sadly it wasn't the first time. But is the last time.

That is that.
      08-04-2012, 10:38 AM   #58
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
You don't have to apologize for not picking the charity. I don't understand why you don't get that.

In the future definethe process and inform the participants. Act with honor and integrity particularly with forum and community members and give particular attention to local businesses and charities.

In my opinion you lied to me, acted without honor, and at the very least failed me as a friend. Not by not choosing me but by not even having the honor and courtesy to discuss with me openly. Sadly it wasn't the first time. But is the last time.

That is that.
yup im i liar and dont act with honor, whatever you say al. I apologize and im done, doesnt seem like anything I can say or do will end this and you have your opinion and I have mine.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2012, 10:45 AM   #59
Ricer X
noted crusty old man
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [6.76]
Yes I clearly could have. Again, I didn't because I trusted a friendand didn't because I was not informed by said friend that there was even a question. So you made a decision that nightthus having made your decision that evening without telling me before or after. That says it all mark. If you don't see the issue good luck to you.
      08-04-2012, 11:12 AM   #60
gtron
powerhouse
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Porsche 981 CS

Garage List
drama.
      08-04-2012, 11:24 AM   #61
CubanJJ09
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [6.18]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubanJJ09 View Post
Seems like bad communication on both parts
Seems like a shit storm
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2012, 10:45 PM   #62
Mr. Nice
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 Comp XDrive

Garage List
Fight to the death
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2012, 08:35 PM   #63
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice View Post
Fight to the death
im down
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2012, 10:01 PM   #64
Ricer X
noted crusty old man
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [6.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkPOTO View Post
im down
Really?

What exactly would you be fighting for? And what exactly would it prove?

Last edited by Ricer X; 08-05-2012 at 10:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2012, 11:44 PM   #65
kyleb350
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X3MC

I just say we raffle off the extra money made next time I don't want to take sides, but next time we need to square away the charity details earlier on. Something just felt off learning who we were donating to only after the meet.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 10:38 PM   #66
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Really?

What exactly would you be fighting for? And what exactly would it prove?
nothing al, nothing at all, like I said if your going to cry about it i will donate money to your

i only said that to lighten the mood, but you can take it whatever way you want it to sound like
Appreciate 0