Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > OE 359 fitment on LCI

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

05-05-2013, 05:37 PM   #1
Vacheron16
Rep
Drives: BMW e91 335d LCI

Exclamation OE 359 fitment on LCI

Hi

Hope this thread is going to be better than my first.

I've been looking for wheels for 3 weeks now used 50+ hours and been through hundreds of pictures.

My final choice is BBS CH-R 8,5x19 et 32 and 9,5x19 et 35 and OE M-359 9x19 et 31 and 10x19 et 25. Both sets in silver.

Tyres is going to be Michelin Super Sport or Continental ContiSportContact 5 in 235/35/19 and 265/30/19

I'm pretty sure the BBS will fit with out any mods.

Will The OE 359 fit? Have anybody tried this on an LCI?

If nessesary will I shave 5mm of the wheels and shave a bit of the brake disc. Rolling the fenders is also an option.

My car is a 2009 LCI e91 and going to install H&R sports.

Please give me some advise. Pictures of a LCI e90/e91 are more than welcome
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2013, 01:45 AM   #2
Vacheron16
Rep

Bump.... Any one please... I have to get wheels ordered asap.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2013, 09:41 AM   #3
Kalidian
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW '09 E90 328xi

The BBS will fit just fine. The OEM 359's may need a fender roll for the rear, especially if you'll be lowering it. You shouldn't have to shave anything off of the wheels or brakes though.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 06:05 PM   #4
Vacheron16
Rep

Ok
I have put down a order for the 359's. Love the concave design. I will wait with shaving the wheels.

My German Aut. BMW dealer is going to roll the fenders next week.

I have ordered the H&R springs but don't know if I'll fit them. I'm surprised how low it sits on the OE. M-suspension. Heard allot about the H&R is going to make it to hard. Don't want that. Only a small drop...
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2013, 01:35 PM   #5
co_pa
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 23 m340ix

i am running the 359m on my e90 LCI now. see pic.

here's the deal. i'm lowered on eibachs w/ koni yellows.
i went with hankook ventus v12 tires (235/35 f + 265/30 r). i hate falkens but they might be the best way to go for this application.

they look awesome. with these tires specs the rim is exposed and you need to be prepared to baby them.

i rub pretty damn good without a fender roll. going in for a fender roll ASAP. it still will be a very tight fit. if it doesn't work for me, you can buy mine.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-09-2013, 05:17 PM   #6
Vacheron16
Rep

Nice to hear from one running the exact wheels on a LCI.

I'm going to get the fenders rolled first chance.
Try to shave 5 mm of the rims it should help allot.

I'm going to go with the Michelin SS.
I know they are a bit wider than other but I have always liked the quality of Michelin. I consider it the top tyre brand in the world.
They will also protect the rims more. You have to take it to consideration that ill be running at 175 mph on the autobahns .

Which Eibach kit are you using?

I'm considering going with a Eibach kit and fliping the H&R because of Eibach's reputation being more comfortable and having a more stock feel.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2013, 08:29 AM   #7
co_pa
First Lieutenant
Rep

i don't want to shave the wheels and i think the needed 2-5mm can be gained via tire selection. the michelin SS are beefier, so shaving might have to be your route if you want to run lowering springs.

i have the pro-kit. i've had coils and h&rs on my vws/audis. personally, i like the eibachs a lot. the drop is a bit more conservative and the ride, paired with the koni's, is comfortable but able to perform.

after driving it a week+ like this, the fender roll will take care of 90% of the rub issues i have. which, at this point with what i have invested, will work for me.

i will be investigating switching the rear tires to falkens or a 255/30 or 255/35 next year.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2013, 09:09 AM   #8
CWysong
tuned n dropped 335xi
Rep
Drives: '09 335i Xdrive e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacheron16 View Post
I have ordered the H&R springs but don't know if I'll fit them. I'm surprised how low it sits on the OE. M-suspension. Heard allot about the H&R is going to make it to hard. Don't want that. Only a small drop...
You should check out getting some OEM ZSP sport springs off the m-sport models. There are alot of people who have upgraded their stock suspension and are selling thse springs in the private classifides. They sit a nice bit lower than standard and ride much better. They are not quite as low as the H&Rs, but as you would expect the ride quality is much less harsh, and they are OEM! I see alot of people doing this instead of H&R and they seem to like it. But if you really want to go low, these wont do enough for ya.
      05-11-2013, 04:33 AM   #9
Vacheron16
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWysong View Post
You should check out getting some OEM ZSP sport springs off the m-sport models. There are alot of people who have upgraded their stock suspension and are selling thse springs in the private classifides. They sit a nice bit lower than standard and ride much better. They are not quite as low as the H&Rs, but as you would expect the ride quality is much less harsh, and they are OEM! I see alot of people doing this instead of H&R and they seem to like it. But if you really want to go low, these wont do enough for ya.
Mine is a M-Sport Model so i guess i already have the ZSP springs. I am positive surprised how low it sits on OEM M suspension. I've cancelled the H&R order and are going to order the Eibach pro-kit instead because I want it dropped slightly more the it is with M-sport and like the mentioned characteristics of the Eibacs

Just need to find dampers that fits the Eibachs and offers a comfortable ride. Thinking about going with new OEM M-sport dampers.
Bilstein should be a little hard and I had yellow Koni's years back on my VW Golf VR6 hated the ride so much I sold the car.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2013, 01:34 PM   #10
co_pa
First Lieutenant
Rep

why don't you just get the pro-kit plus? the eibach dampers are matched to the springs.
Appreciate 0