E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Bluetooth Compatible Phones List

05-12-2006, 11:36 PM   #243
alibaba 325
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i black saphire

Where did you get 4.1?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2006, 11:37 PM   #244
alibaba 325
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i black saphire

bluetoothe compatible phones

what do you mean 4.1 -I see that I sid 5 and only quoted 4 if thats what u mean-I forgot to add

Nokia 6230

No it did not -however I phoned local bluetooth people and they advised that the phone needed a software upgrade-will report when thats done

Sorry about that
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2006, 12:13 AM   #245
Greeney
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jerez E90 M3

Anyone have the Cinguar 8125? (Kjam, Tmobile MDA, Qtek 9100) Can we get the contacts over from those?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2006, 04:30 PM   #246
rogataber
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 330SE (E90)

C600

My SA upgraded my E90 to the latest software version and so far my SPV C600 has worked fine! I will update you if this changes!

Roger
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2006, 10:02 AM   #247
DWUK
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d Sport Auto

Nokia N80 & Orange SPV M600

Hey guys,
in the process of upgrading my phone, and in fear of buying the wrong "incompatible" BT phone.
Does anybody know whether either of these two handsets work on the E90?

Yeah both are new but my Sony Ericsson K750i is due for a change despite, it being 100% compatible............or should I wait for the SE K850i?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2006, 02:13 PM   #248
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogataber
My SA upgraded my E90 to the latest software version and so far my SPV C600 has worked fine! I will update you if this changes!

Roger
Great!
Glad it has worked out for you Roger, so far!

I've had the update & phone since January, without problem.

All the best.

Viv

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWUK
Hey guys,
in the process of upgrading my phone, and in fear of buying the wrong "incompatible" BT phone.
Does anybody know whether either of these two handsets work on the E90?

Yeah both are new but my Sony Ericsson K750i is due for a change despite, it being 100% compatible............or should I wait for the SE K850i?
If you are on Orange DWUK, they provide a 7-working day grace period, after a phone upgrade on a current contract.
They've just brought out the W810i- I haven't seen any news of a K850i.

If I were you, I'd make sure the phone works with the car, inc phonebook transfer, before you commit to it.

All the best.

Viv

Appreciate 0
      05-16-2006, 02:36 PM   #249
London320d
Second Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: '06 E90 320dSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekk
If you are on Orange DWUK, they provide a 7-working day grace period, after a phone upgrade on a current contract.
They've just brought out the W810i- I haven't seen any news of a K850i.

If I were you, I'd make sure the phone works with the car, inc phonebook transfer, before you commit to it.

All the best.

Viv
I didn't think that there was a grace period on upgrades with Orange, at least when my E90 arrived (in February) and I looked into upgrading, there wasn't then. Ther was only a grace period for new contracts.

Also, I found that on my old low talktime contract it was the same price as the upgrade to buy a phone sim free from Expansys. It's worth investigating all options before upgrading.

I didn't have the option of moving, as all of the mobile telcos are trying to sell larger contracts with more minutes than I required.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2006, 03:34 PM   #250
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by London320d
I didn't think that there was a grace period on upgrades with Orange, at least when my E90 arrived (in February) and I looked into upgrading, there wasn't then. Ther was only a grace period for new contracts.

Also, I found that on my old low talktime contract it was the same price as the upgrade to buy a phone sim free from Expansys. It's worth investigating all options before upgrading.

I didn't have the option of moving, as all of the mobile telcos are trying to sell larger contracts with more minutes than I required.
Steve, there is a 7-working day grace period on all upgrade phones, when obtained direct from Orange & when obtained as a result of going through their disconnections department- that's how I've been getting a new free mobile from them, every year, for the last 10 years!
I last upgraded to the Orange SPV C600, tested it for a week & decided to keep it, because it worked fine & did transfer the phonebook to the e90. I would otherwise have sent it back, without any cost to myself.

You do need to complain about the fact that you are unhappy staying with them & are thinking of disconnecting.
They will then put you through to disconnections and automatically put you through their 'retain customer' routine, where they will offer a new phone & extras.

The reason I've had to do this is because of my mobile number. I think Orange are the best of a bad bunch, but they will not let users end contracts after 12 months, start a new one & keep the same mobile number.
I've complained to Ofcom about it, but Orange still make excuses for not offering existing customers the same deals as new ones.

All the best.

Viv

Last edited by vivekk; 05-17-2006 at 03:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2006, 08:41 AM   #251
sango
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabba
hi, can anyone help... i hav a 2005 320i and iv jus bought a nokia 8800. whilst i can pair the car and the phone, i am experiencing the classic problem where they connect but after a few seconds drop the connection. on the dispaly of my bmw proffesional radio the icon showing connection is present is dispayed but if i try and make a call it comes through the phone. i am rather annoyed that i have just spent £250 on this phone only to experience this problem. if any one has any solutions pls pass them on... thanx

maybe this topic can help..
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20136
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2006, 09:06 AM   #252
DWUK
Private
Rep

Phones

Thanks Vivekk!!!
Glad to hear the SPV C600 works........must be a first a Windows Mobile phone that works!!!!
What about the SPV M600 or Nokia N80?

Yeah I know that Orange have a 7 day grace period (I'm with Orange) - they only give you this grace period if you use there direct upgrade service. BUT as a result the phones often are more expensive then going through somewhere like Onestopphoneshop.com.

So a bit torn - rather get the thing right first time, rather then frustrate over an incompatible phone! Loved the Samsung D500 when it first came out, only thing was half the things failed to work on my old E46 bluetooth setup (phone book transfer, ring tone!!!).

Should I find a Nokia N80 or wait for the SE...........I bet the SE would have no probs, but the Nokia is such a spectacular phone.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2006, 03:19 PM   #253
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks Vivekk!!!
Glad to hear the SPV C600 works........must be a first a Windows Mobile phone that works!!!!
What about the SPV M600 or Nokia N80?

Yeah I know that Orange have a 7 day grace period (I'm with Orange) - they only give you this grace period if you use there direct upgrade service. BUT as a result the phones often are more expensive then going through somewhere like Onestopphoneshop.com.

So a bit torn - rather get the thing right first time, rather then frustrate over an incompatible phone! Loved the Samsung D500 when it first came out, only thing was half the things failed to work on my old E46 bluetooth setup (phone book transfer, ring tone!!!).

Should I find a Nokia N80 or wait for the SE...........I bet the SE would have no probs, but the Nokia is such a spectacular phone.
I don't know about the SPV M600 or the Nokia N-series, I'm afraid.

I've been upgrading my phone, directly through Orange, every year for the last 10 years DWUK- FREE OF CHARGE & with a 7-working day grace period!
You need to be in a position to be able to cancel your current contract (usually after 12 months).
You can then go through the disconnections route, when they will try to hold on to you as a customer, by offering a free phone upgrade & extras (free txts, photo bundles etc). However, the level of 'retention freebies' will depend on your current monthly tariff.

I can honestly say, I've not paid Orange for a phone since the original Nokia they brought out , over 10 years ago!

If I were you DWUK, I'd try out a few of their phones for 7-days at a time, just to see how they work with your car. Get hold of the phone through disconnections (free!), or the by upgrading (pay!)- you decide how you want to do it.
If you aren't happy, send the phone back & pick another one.
If you aren't happy with any of them, just go back to your old one- nothing changes- you should remain on your old phone & contract.
If you think I'm joking, give them a ring & find out for yourself!

Just one thing- older car firmware can cause problems with the bluetooth connection to the phone, as other members have discovered, so make sure you have at least Progman 20 installed in your car- your dealer should be able to tell you what you have.

All the best.

Viv

Appreciate 0
      05-19-2006, 04:12 AM   #254
DWUK
Private
Rep

Thanks for that Viv......
Will give Orange upgrade a shout and will try the two phones out, will give feedback on how it goes.

Bets anyone??????
Or do we think that Bluetooth compatibility on the Nokia or SPV M600 truly does mean 100% compatible
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2006, 01:40 PM   #255
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks for that Viv......
Will give Orange upgrade a shout and will try the two phones out, will give feedback on how it goes.

Bets anyone??????
Or do we think that Bluetooth compatibility on the Nokia or SPV M600 truly does mean 100% compatible
You'll get calls working no problem DW (odds on favourite) - phonebook transfer is another story entirely (10-1 outside)!

All the best.

Viv

Appreciate 0
      05-29-2006, 12:37 PM   #256
hkj
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Got a Razr V3 yesterday. SW ver R374_G_0E.41.C3R_B. No problem pairing with the car (including phone book transfer).

-hkj
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2006, 02:59 PM   #257
Malvoe1
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Anyone use the Sony Ericsson Z520a? I am looking for a new Cingular phone, so any tips are appreciated.
      06-08-2006, 03:21 PM   #258
seh
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Lightbulb Z520a works well (with car)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malvoe1
Anyone use the Sony Ericsson Z520a?
I had one for about three days in early January before sending it back both for the software defects present then (since rumored to be corrected as of early February) and the notorious camera button. It did work perfectly with the car, though. It paired, the phone book transfered, and it would stay connected as expected.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2006, 03:29 PM   #259
Malvoe1
Private
United_States
Rep

What is the notorious camera button? I'm guessing it is like my samsung in that when you press down the camera button it turns on and starts taking pictures...in you pocket all the freaking time.
      06-08-2006, 04:43 PM   #260
seh
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malvoe1
when you press down the camera button it turns on and starts taking pictures...in you pocket all the freaking time.
That's right. It's been discussed for months on the Cingular forums and elsewhere. Just this morning I saw this post offering an aggressive remedy.

Remember: Once you start looking for dirt, you'll find it.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2006, 09:10 PM   #261
330iBMWguy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 330i - On Order

Anyone know how well the Sony Ericsson W810i works with a E90 330i? Does it transfer the phonebook?

Thanks.
      07-06-2006, 06:15 AM   #262
DWUK
Private
Rep

Nokia N80

Hi all - since my original question, I have FINALLY recieved my Nokia N80 from Orange, and unfortunately its going straight back

The phone connects okay to the E90 BT kit (steering wheel buttons worked etc), but Viv was correct the phone book simply will not transfer over. Yes you can manually dial the numbers and it stays in the car's memory (and only the numbers stay mind no names or anything can be added) - but what I miss having the full list of names and numbers to scroll down that my "old" 100% compatible Sony Ericsson K750i had.
Plus something odd happens when you recieve a call, the stereo/sat nav cuts out as normal, then you can hear the actual phone itself ringing, followed by a rather "forced" incoming call tone from the car kit a few seconds later - bizarre.

Shame really the phone is a nice piece of kit, yes loaded with technology, but other issues, build quality not all there, and the silver finish that was on the phone, began to tarnish as soon as I got my fingermarks on it, hate to see what it would be like after a few months of use let alone one day's worth.

Phone is going back and I will be trying the MPV S600 PDA next. Lets see how long Orange can get one of these out to me. Will keep you posted.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2006, 04:02 PM   #263
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Hi all - since my original question, I have FINALLY recieved my Nokia N80 from Orange, and unfortunately its going straight back

The phone connects okay to the E90 BT kit (steering wheel buttons worked etc), but Viv was correct the phone book simply will not transfer over. Yes you can manually dial the numbers and it stays in the car's memory (and only the numbers stay mind no names or anything can be added) - but what I miss having the full list of names and numbers to scroll down that my "old" 100% compatible Sony Ericsson K750i had.
Plus something odd happens when you recieve a call, the stereo/sat nav cuts out as normal, then you can hear the actual phone itself ringing, followed by a rather "forced" incoming call tone from the car kit a few seconds later - bizarre.

Shame really the phone is a nice piece of kit, yes loaded with technology, but other issues, build quality not all there, and the silver finish that was on the phone, began to tarnish as soon as I got my fingermarks on it, hate to see what it would be like after a few months of use let alone one day's worth.

Phone is going back and I will be trying the MPV S600 PDA next. Lets see how long Orange can get one of these out to me. Will keep you posted.
Nice work DW!
Don't let them give you any rubbish about not having the 7-working day grace period on this 2nd upgrade- it applies to ALL upgrade phones if you go through disconnections.

I'l give you higher odds for the phonebook transfer with the SPV M600- 1 to 5 odds on!

The other option I'd like to see tested out is the Sony Ericsson W810i.
With voice recognition on SatNavPro, you can dial the addressbook names with your voice!

All the best DW.

Viv

Appreciate 0
      07-09-2006, 02:28 AM   #264
puck724
COLTS 4 LIFE!!!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
just got the motorola L7 slvr and im using it with tmobile. so far so good.