E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Parking Ticket & Fix-it-Ticket

04-05-2013, 05:32 PM   #1
TheHundreds
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i

Thumbs down Parking Ticket & Fix-it-Ticket

So, I am aware that this topic has possibly been discussed before, and I did search throughout the forum regarding it, but I want an answer specific to my exact situation.

So I was staying at a friends house last night in Beverly Hills, and I woke up to see my car had received two tickets, issued at 4:33 and 4:34 Am. Well I was curious as to why I had received two tickets, being that I had not done anything wrong. So as I checked the tickets, I see that one of these tickets is for "NO O/N PARKING + NO D/P - 2:30am - 5:00am." Which is rather strange because the only sign on that street stated, 2 hour parking 8am till 6pm, yet nothing said no parking at any other times in the day? And the second ticket mentioned something that I suppose was bound to happen, especially parking on the street in Beverly Hills, which is "MISSING FRONT PLATE + PROOF OF CORRECTION REQUIRED." THis however I have a few questions about. Being that I live in CA, if I purchase a tow hook license plate holder:

1. How do I prove correction?
2. Is the tow hook holder acceptable in CA?
3. And then if I were to take it off after, I would just be risking the same to occur, even though I would be more careful in places like BH in the future?

Thank you for any insight and advice regarding either of the tickets I was issued, I am not too mad because they are only parking violations, and combined do not even cost me $100, but it is a pain in the ass. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 05:34 PM   #2
Spensaur
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 328i

Garage List
Some cities have restrictions to no street parking from 2 am - 6 am unless you buy a street parking permit
2007 E93 328i | Space Gray Coral Red | M-Tech Front Bumper w/ Carbon Fiber Splitters | BMW Performance Rear Bumper | BMW Performance Exhaust w/ Secondary Cat Delete | Injen Intake | HID Angel Eyes | M3 Trunk Lip Spoiler

Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 05:36 PM   #3
TheHundreds
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spensaur View Post
Some cities have restrictions to no street parking from 2 am - 6 am unless you buy a street parking permit
Yeah, my friend mentioned something about that in the morning, that there is a hang tag that I should use next time. But my friend just moved into this house last week so we were both slightly un aware.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 07:05 PM   #4
shata
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330i 6MT-ZPP/ZSP/ZCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHundreds View Post
So, I am aware that this topic has possibly been discussed before, and I did search throughout the forum regarding it, but I want an answer specific to my exact situation.

So I was staying at a friends house last night in Beverly Hills, and I woke up to see my car had received two tickets, issued at 4:33 and 4:34 Am. Well I was curious as to why I had received two tickets, being that I had not done anything wrong. So as I checked the tickets, I see that one of these tickets is for "NO O/N PARKING + NO D/P - 2:30am - 5:00am." Which is rather strange because the only sign on that street stated, 2 hour parking 8am till 6pm, yet nothing said no parking at any other times in the day? And the second ticket mentioned something that I suppose was bound to happen, especially parking on the street in Beverly Hills, which is "MISSING FRONT PLATE + PROOF OF CORRECTION REQUIRED." THis however I have a few questions about. Being that I live in CA, if I purchase a tow hook license plate holder:

3. And then if I were to take it off after, I would just be risking the same to occur, even though I would be more careful in places like BH in the future?

Thank you for any insight and advice regarding either of the tickets I was issued, I am not too mad because they are only parking violations, and combined do not even cost me $100, but it is a pain in the ass. Thanks
1. Receipt of tow bracket holder and maybe picture of car with holder and plate installed if you have court date or however they want you to prove it.

2 I would assume yes most states dont tell you how it has to be mounted it just needs to be on the front.
3. Well im sure next cop will see that you had that ticket recently so next time its gona be worse then this time. Just get tow hock bracket and call it a day.
      04-05-2013, 07:09 PM   #5
nightops
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHundreds View Post

when i got one i went to the local chp office and they have an officer come out and see that you have made the correction and sign on it, dmv might be able to do this too. you might have to check vehicle code but i think as long as its on the front bumper its good.
      04-05-2013, 07:40 PM   #6
blacknbean
Major
Rep
Drives: e92 335i 6MT

you cant park overnight on the street in BH. your friend shoudve told you. ive parked on my friends lawn and all kinds or random places to avoid the street lol. go BHs!
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 07:51 PM   #7
///M3NACE
Banned
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E36 Vert , E90 N52

Don't you guys got money in Beverley Hills. Pay it off. lol
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 10:04 PM   #8
RemovedUser
Rep
n/a
Drives:

The entire city of Beverly Hills is no parking overnight without a permit, its ridiculous, most people there (well the ones that have the influence to pass such a ordinance) have 10 car garages and 1000-1500 sqft drive ways so no problem for them.

So yea, next time you visit your buddy he has to arrange a overnight parking permit for a visitor 230-5AM.

The only exception for the overnight parking in front of a private home is if you are redoing you driveway and Passover (first and second night only), Rosh Hashonah, Yom Kippur, and I believe Christmas.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2013, 09:21 AM   #9
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

lol at Beverly Hills problems.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2013, 01:50 PM   #10
johnnyblast
Rep
Drives: e92