E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > Pre Golden Gardens meet breakfast and TCU flash

03-11-2013, 10:45 AM   #89
jm3as
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedge1967 View Post
Well, I don't want to be a dick about this, but let me clarify. You wouldn't have been involved because you weren't even following the thread until I told you about it. BTW... Yes this would have been discovered with out you or me because we weren't the first to figure this out. Tomaz posted the information first and told everyone the assembly number and what was needed because he was already running it on his car. Unfortunately no one really knew anything about WinKFP otherwise this would have taken off a week before we posted anything.

So other than taking the time to figure out WinKFP by reading the WinKFP documentation and importing the SP-Daten-e89, what did you do other than write the DIYs?

I'm a systems engineer with a computer science degree. You don't think that if I had the time I wouldn't have figured this out by myself. I appreciate the software that you took so much time to setup, but this shit isn't rocket science and I agree it would have taken me longer to get things setup, but trust me, I would have figured this out, it's what I do for a living.

Even if your car had a good battery and a charger you wouldn't have tested this first because you're not the type to take the plunge into the unknown. You even tried to get me to back off and wait for enrita to try it first. So talk about bewildered. But that's ok. Like you said, I single handedly made you look like an @ss because I agreed to do this group event I was invited to for $50 a car and made this a cheap @ss flash.

So what are you really pissed about? Me taking the credit for telling you about the assembly number and having the balls to be the first to flash my car? Or you having people question why you're charging so much for a 10 minute flash?

I'm not a coder and don't care to be a coder for $. I'm sorry if I broke the coders rule, but unlike you this wasn't about making a lot of money like it was for you. Anyway, don't worry because I won't bother you again about this or anything else.

facebook.com/jmeasphotography | jmeas.4ormat.com | IG: jmeasphotography
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 03:44 PM   #90
vincentvega222
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

hahaha oh shit son this is too funny... Hook definitely makes a valid point tho, why try to make a few bucks off of fellow enthusiast? Coding is something that anyone can do if they put the time in to learn. At the same time, if I coded I wouldn't want every dude on the forum acting like they are entitled to something. I think if you just ask for donations, 99% of people will give you some cash. What ever happened to those coding meets where people would get together, code, eat, and bullshit?

Anyways, Wedge, my buddy and I are having issues with our HID fogs. After the coding we are getting left fog lamp malfunction. We both have HID kits but different ballast. Happened right after coding, doesn't seem like a coincidence. Any ideas? Anyone else having this issue?
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 03:46 PM   #91
hookandpull
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan

Ruh roh
19" DPE GT7's, BMS DCI, AA 3" catless downpipes, AE catless catback, JB4 G5, ETS 7" FMIC, AR Charpipe with dual -10 meth injector bungs, HFS4 Aquamist meth kit, Alpina TCU flash, M3 pedals, LED interior kit...
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 03:47 PM   #92
vincentvega222
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

right fogs work just fine, left one flickers on and off.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 03:57 PM   #93
rentonrider
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentvega222
right fogs work just fine, left one flickers on and off.
Might want to disable warm, cold and cc checks for fogs. That might do the trick. Depending on frm version the function names may be different. Use Ncs dummy.

Or revert to stock settings and retrace what was done prior that impacted fogs
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 04:05 PM   #94
Carrozzeria
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3 / BMW E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentvega222 View Post
hahaha oh shit son this is too funny... Hook definitely makes a valid point tho, why try to make a few bucks off of fellow enthusiast? Coding is something that anyone can do if they put the time in to learn. At the same time, if I coded I wouldn't want every dude on the forum acting like they are entitled to something. I think if you just ask for donations, 99% of people will give you some cash. What ever happened to those coding meets where people would get together, code, eat, and bullshit?

Anyways, Wedge, my buddy and I are having issues with our HID fogs. After the coding we are getting left fog lamp malfunction. We both have HID kits but different ballast. Happened right after coding, doesn't seem like a coincidence. Any ideas? Anyone else having this issue?
problem with that is that id rather pay someone that knows what they are doing, because if you dont know what you are doing when you are toying with coding, you brick the car. The first coding meet we had, Andrews e90 got bricked and shit hit the fan.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 04:34 PM   #95
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep
Drives: SGM E92 335i, AM E90 335i

Garage List
We need to rename this thread to our pnw official chat thread.

I got my flash done by rentonrider couple of days ago and no fog light malfunctions... But then again I don't had hid's, just stock bulbs.

Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 04:46 PM   #96
hookandpull
Lieutenant
Rep

I have stock bulbs and I dont have an issue either
19" DPE GT7's, BMS DCI, AA 3" catless downpipes, AE catless catback, JB4 G5, ETS 7" FMIC, AR Charpipe with dual -10 meth injector bungs, HFS4 Aquamist meth kit, Alpina TCU flash, M3 pedals, LED interior kit...
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 05:25 PM   #97
jm3as
Brigadier General
Rep

i get HID strobe flickering, but thats only when i engage "e92 partyboy mode". new coding feature. the future.

Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 05:26 PM   #98
jm3as
Brigadier General
Rep

i'm sorry, that didn't add any value to the discussion. my apologies

Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 05:41 PM   #99
atown88
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentvega222 View Post
While I would like to save a few bucks, I can understand why some would charge people. The reasoning behind not wanting to pay for a service that one can "easily learn" doesn't seem right. I mean, technically anyone of us can learn to do anything, but we choose not too. So for those who make the effort to do something, should essentially be rewarded. I can say I could have easily learned photography or automotive mechanics, but I didn't. Why should I expect someone who took the time (which Mark Cuban says is more valuable than money) to learn these trades be obligated to provide these services for free? If you want it for free than do it yourself. Hell, if this was the acceptable norm, shouldn't everything in life be free?

I'm not trying to start an argument or anything, but I think these coders shouldn't have to answer to why they charge people. I respect the entrepreneurship.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 06:08 PM   #100
Wedge1967
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 e92 AT Sport Montego Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentonrider View Post
Might want to disable warm, cold and cc checks for fogs. That might do the trick. Depending on frm version the function names may be different. Use Ncs dummy.

Or revert to stock settings and retrace what was done prior that impacted fogs
So I pulled their current coding before changing paddles back to wert 01 and then coded it back. So I'm wondering what could have changed that would have caused this?

Hopefully you can help them as I'm not planning on a Seattle trip anytime soon. Not sure if you noticed my post back to the guy in Vancouver /Portland area that wanted some coding. I told him he could just drive over to my house and let you do the coding remotely. Give me a call when you have a minute so we can talk. I can't PM on this site. 503-679-3538
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 06:17 PM   #101
M3Hotness
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW x5 xDrive40i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm3as View Post
i get HID strobe flickering, but thats only when i engage "e92 partyboy mode". new coding feature. the future.
Quote:
i'm sorry, that didn't add any value to the discussion. my apologies
Lol but it was funny. Program this to replace my M button please
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 06:26 PM   #102
jm3as
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Hotness View Post
Lol but it was funny. Program this to replace my M button please
where in the hell have you been brotha?

Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 06:58 PM   #103
M3Hotness
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW x5 xDrive40i Msport

Quote:
Layin low, I got a new camera that I wanted to show you. Picked up the 6D with a couple of F lenses. Had to upgrade to join Full Frame Footclan. I'll hit u up on text with the info, don't want to thread jack.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 07:24 PM   #104
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep
Drives: SGM E92 335i, AM E90 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Hotness
Quote:
Layin low, I got a new camera that I wanted to show you. Picked up the 6D with a couple of F lenses. Had to upgrade to join Full Frame Footclan. I'll hit u up on text with the info, don't want to thread jack.
6D thread has already been hijacked bro you're far too late
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 07:38 PM   #105
hookandpull
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by atown88 View Post
While I would like to save a few bucks, I can understand why some would charge people. The reasoning behind not wanting to pay for a service that one can "easily learn" doesn't seem right. I mean, technically anyone of us can learn to do anything, but we choose not too. So for those who make the effort to do something, should essentially be rewarded. I can say I could have easily learned photography or automotive mechanics, but I didn't. Why should I expect someone who took the time (which Mark Cuban says is more valuable than money) to learn these trades be obligated to provide these services for free? If you want it for free than do it yourself. Hell, if this was the acceptable norm, shouldn't everything in life be free?

I'm not trying to start an argument or anything, but I think these coders shouldn't have to answer to why they charge people. I respect the entrepreneurship.
I can understand if a guy has the software and the cable and wants to make some extra cheddar putting an ad out on craigslist, but it seems most of the answers I see to lots of questions that are asked on here are one of three
#1 use google
#2 take it to a shop
#3 For a fee I can take care of it for you

Call me old school but in the realm of car enthusiasts outside of BMW we pay it forward. There is a guy on here that wants to install his HFS4 on his ride but has no idea on how and he asked me how much I charge and I told him he can come over borrow my garage get dirty and I will hold his hand through the whole process just fucking because. The Aqaumist install is a good 10 hour install if you take your time and I wouldnt dare charge a dime. I have built Fords, Yotas, Jeeps, DSMs and now a bimmer and I have never seen so many money grubbing assholes then that of the world of bimmer modding. If I want to make sure I dont brick my car with the uber crazy engineered sorcery that revolves around the smoke and mirrors of so called coding I will take my car to a shop before I pay some random Tom Dick and Harry to change options.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 08:04 PM   #106
atown88
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookandpull View Post
I can understand if a guy has the software and the cable and wants to make some extra cheddar putting an ad out on craigslist, but it seems most of the answers I see to lots of questions that are asked on here are one of three
#1 use google
#2 take it to a shop
#3 For a fee I can take care of it for you

Call me old school but in the realm of car enthusiasts outside of BMW we pay it forward. There is a guy on here that wants to install his HFS4 on his ride but has no idea on how and he asked me how much I charge and I told him he can come over borrow my garage get dirty and I will hold his hand through the whole process just fucking because. The Aqaumist install is a good 10 hour install if you take your time and I wouldnt dare charge a dime. I have built Fords, Yotas, Jeeps, DSMs and now a bimmer and I have never seen so many money grubbing assholes then that of the world of bimmer modding. If I want to make sure I dont brick my car with the uber crazy engineered sorcery that revolves around the smoke and mirrors of so called coding I will take my car to a shop before I pay some random Tom Dick and Harry to change options.
Doing favors for other car enthusiasts is what makes being an enthusiast great, I agree. I myself got coded for free by another member on here, and a number of us have offered our services for free no questions asked. Just ask RandyN. We all help each other out, whether its changing breaks, suspension, using tools, etc. I even paid for a spring compressor that I haven't even taken home because other members are constantly using it. What you may not realize though is that guys like Rentonrider have had more than 100 cars that he's had to code. Not only are there fee's that i'm sure he has to pay (websites, etc), but he also commutes to his clients and takes the time away from his personal life (whether its family or not). At 100+ and counting, the gas and time alone would make anyone want to make a few dollars out of it. Why, as fellow enthusiasts, would we want to suck the life and money out of a guy who is doing us favors as well? Without him, you have two options. You can code it yourself, or go to the dealer/shop. If you factor all the costs and time it would take you to figure out how to code and purchase the supplies, don't you think it would be easier to just get coded the next guy who has experience? Or you can try and make an appointment with a shop where they may charge you more?

All i'm saying is yeah if you need a favor, I have no doubt in my mind that as a collective group of enthusiasts we would pull through for one another. But when the numbers become large, you have to find a way to compensate yourself. The clientele grew to numbers to which it just isn't feasible for him to this free. That would just be selfish of us.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 08:13 PM   #107
hookandpull
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by atown88 View Post
Doing favors for other car enthusiasts is what makes being an enthusiast great, I agree. I myself got coded for free by another member on here, and a number of us have offered our services for free no questions asked. Just ask RandyN. We all help each other out, whether its changing breaks, suspension, using tools, etc. I even paid for a spring compressor that I haven't even taken home because other members are constantly using it. What you may not realize though is that guys like Rentonrider have had more than 100 cars that he's had to code. Not only are there fee's that i'm sure he has to pay (websites, etc), but he also commutes to his clients and takes the time away from his personal life (whether its family or not). At 100+ and counting, the gas and time alone would make anyone want to make a few dollars out of it. Why, as fellow enthusiasts, would we want to suck the life and money out of a guy who is doing us favors as well? Without him, you have two options. You can code it yourself, or go to the dealer/shop. If you factor all the costs and time it would take you to figure out how to code and purchase the supplies, don't you think it would be easier to just get coded the next guy who has experience? Or you can try and make an appointment with a shop where they may charge you more?

All i'm saying is yeah if you need a favor, I have no doubt in my mind that as a collective group of enthusiasts we would pull through for one another. But when the numbers become large, you have to find a way to compensate yourself. The clientele grew to numbers to which it just isn't feasible for him to this free. That would just be selfish of us.
I for one wasnt talking about Kao (Rentonrider) but I can speak from experience when I have posted in this very section looking for a used JB4 or Cobb I got people texting me saying that they would install it for me once I found one for $75... WTF!!!! the fuckers dont have any reason to be texting me to solicit their bullshit. I dont expect anything for free but I sure as hell cant stand when poeple in a local community like this very one take every chance they can to make a dollar. I wouldnt be surprised if I posted a thread about my dog dying and some asshat will PM me saying he will code my dead dogs ass to accept LCI LED tails.... Shit gets old.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 08:41 PM   #108
atown88
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookandpull View Post
I for one wasnt talking about Kao (Rentonrider) but I can speak from experience when I have posted in this very section looking for a used JB4 or Cobb I got people texting me saying that they would install it for me once I found one for $75... WTF!!!! the fuckers dont have any reason to be texting me to solicit their bullshit. I dont expect anything for free but I sure as hell cant stand when poeple in a local community like this very one take every chance they can to make a dollar. I wouldnt be surprised if I posted a thread about my dog dying and some asshat will PM me saying he will code my dead dogs ass to accept LCI LED tails.... Shit gets old.
Then yes, that is pretty lame that would trying to poach for some spare cash. I haven't had the experience you've had, so I can't say I relate to you as much. I would be put off if someone did that to me though. We do have good people here though, just gotta weed through the bad apples.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 08:59 PM   #109
Wedge1967
Banned
United_States
Rep

You know, as much as we talk shit and bash each others tunes, at the end of the day we are all friends who share many commonalities... 1. Our cars... 2. Our love for making them better...

I know it's unfortunate that hooks car is slow, but he's working on making it faster.

(I had to get the jab in because he said he'll be at PIR this coming weekend.)
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 09:02 PM   #110
Wedge1967
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Hotness View Post
Nice bro, I feel a photo shoot opportunity... up the specs and a few pics.
Appreciate 0