E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > 08 335i N54 code p302c, limp mode

02-22-2015, 06:42 PM   #1
Crazem4
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp (sold) 2013 M6

08 335i N54 code p302c, limp mode

So here's what's going on
I just picked up a 2008 335i bone stock from an older lady, 6 speed manual.
I picked up the JB4 & AFE pro 5 r intakes, a few days ago I had Auto couture in NJ install the JB4 G5, right after they put it in I take the car out, hit boost & it starts misfiring so immediately I turned around and went back there, they changed the spark plugs & it fixed it. Now, I'm driving the car and when I do a low rpm 6th gear pull from 60-120ish engine malfunction comes up on the dash & the car goes into limp mode, I restart the car & it's normal again. Issue only happens in higher gears, when your in boost for a bit. I scanned it and got code p302c, does this mean it needs a HPFP? It also idles a bit rough when it's cold, almost feels like its misfiring. I got all service records for the car and the HPFP was done 2 times by BMW & it also had a leaky injector that was replaced. Car has 94k. Also was told something about carbon cleaning. Please help it's driving me crazy!
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2015, 09:12 PM   #2
rol
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladolcettad View Post
So here's what's going on
I just picked up a 2008 335i bone stock from an older lady, 6 speed manual.
I picked up the JB4 & AFE pro 5 r intakes, a few days ago I had Auto couture in NJ install the JB4 G5, right after they put it in I take the car out, hit boost & it starts misfiring so immediately I turned around and went back there, they changed the spark plugs & it fixed it. Now, I'm driving the car and when I do a low rpm 6th gear pull from 60-120ish engine malfunction comes up on the dash & the car goes into limp mode, I restart the car & it's normal again. Issue only happens in higher gears, when your in boost for a bit. I scanned it and got code p302c, does this mean it needs a HPFP? It also idles a bit rough when it's cold, almost feels like its misfiring. I got all service records for the car and the HPFP was done 2 times by BMW & it also had a leaky injector that was replaced. Car has 94k. Also was told something about carbon cleaning. Please help it's driving me crazy!
Did you find a solution for this? Mine also has rough idle especially when cold, and yesterday suddenly I got P302C, wasn't even flooring it, just driving in a parking lot. Restarted and the issue went away and never came back since, not even when flooring. Btw the HPFP has 10y/120k warranty, so it that's the issue, the fix is free.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2015, 02:21 AM   #3
BashShah
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i Sedan

You need to search...... And read all the stickies in this section
At least read the head lines.
I am not tunes, but I did read first time tuners.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58

DN
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2024, 10:08 AM   #4
F56MINI/335i
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i / Mini F56 2016

thank you all for this trend it help me figure out the CODE P302C. I have a 2009 335i and this was the code Ive been trying to figure out for awhile, so the car needed a new or used functional HPFP and a serious walnut blasting. and before all that I had this car replace all coils and sparkplugs and change gasket on Oil housing, thermostat, and water pump. so the car now is running smoothly.

Before you start the car to make sure connect your OBD to get some reading and on your very first start of the make sure to have the fuel settle for a couple of start up because it will throw some codes in your OBD misfire p0301 to 303, and on the 3rd start just put a little bit of gas on the pedal. let it run on park for 15 minutes and test drive it for 15 miles but don't push it , pick up some Techron and have it full tank and drive it in the freeway to find out if the stalls or any code have disappeared.
Appreciate 0