E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Worst vendor ever: MODMY3

04-25-2013, 10:37 PM   #1
sturte30
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i e90

Angry Worst vendor ever: MODMY3

Had this in another thread but I figured and update deserved its own thread.
My original post:
Ordered a fog light HID kit on April 10th. Got an order confirmation quickly. Waited and waited for a shipping notification. Emailed with no response. Sent a PM on here and then got an email response that shipping confirmations usually take 2-3 business days. April 15th I get a shipping confirmation with a tracking #. However, if I track the package it just says that the electronic shipping notice has been sent to the shipper...This just means a label has been generated but the package has not physically shipped. So here we are on April 21 and my package still has not been received by the shipper. So irritated. Had I wanted to wait this long, I would have bought a kit from China on ebay. So far this vendor gets a big fat "F" for service.

**Update**
So after a few more emails and PMs I check the tracking number and it finally shipped on the 23rd. 13 days after I purchased. Great huh? Nope!!!
I get the package today and the packaging was crap. The bulbs were just thrown in the box with nothing to protect them other than the plastic caps that all HIDs have. The worst part? The so-called slim ballast they describe on their page and have pictures of is in actuality not what you get. Instead I received the giant old school style ballast. Modmy3 is a complete joke and should be banned from this site. DO NOT SPEND YOUR MONEY ON THEM!
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2013, 11:55 AM   #2
prelcijoe
Rep
Drives: e90

Same man, i hear you.... I'm still in the dark
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2013, 06:19 AM   #3
RazRokz.!
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 328i

Sad to see that modmy3 has been slacking in the customer service side of things lately. I got most of my cosmetic mods from them about a year back without any problems...
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2013, 10:29 AM   #4
marcus321
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 Acura NSX

That's really unfortunate. I bought m3 rep bumper, fog kit, m3 cf lip and AE. Communication was on point and packaging could have not been any better. I have heard from multiple people the ballasts aren't thin. That's been posted on the forums a few times.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2013, 09:40 AM   #5
Chris_506
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 f82

damnnnnnnnn, one more of a few MODMY3 complaints.

starting to think twice about this vendor.

pics of the ballast?
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2013, 11:07 AM   #6
sturte30
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSRe92 View Post
damnnnnnnnn, one more of a few MODMY3 complaints.

starting to think twice about this vendor.

pics of the ballast?
Not a picture of my ballasts but they looked just like this:

I am starting to think they keep no inventory and just order the stuff from somewhere in Asia once someone places an order.

*side note*... Not a huge deal but my kit came with no mounting hardware either (adhesive, brackets, screws, etc.)
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2013, 11:22 AM   #7
Chris_506
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 f82

Quote:
Originally Posted by sturte30 View Post
Not a picture of my ballasts but they looked just like this:

I am starting to think they keep no inventory and just order the stuff from somewhere in Asia once someone places an order.

*side note*... Not a huge deal but my kit came with no mounting hardware either (adhesive, brackets, screws, etc.)
sadly but truly alot of vendors do that now a days, i know of a vendor on a different forum that actually bought products off ebay re-branded them and sold them to the members. true story
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 11:12 AM   #8
prelcijoe
Rep

Yes Never buy from www.modmy3.com

I'm still waiting for replacement AEs
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 07:17 AM   #9
335xi Kevo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

I bought a lip that is complete trash. The quality is less then impressive and the weave is off in the carbon. That said, chargeback has been filed.
Procede 2.5, DCI, Forge DV, PWM, Scoops, KW V1, ETS 5" FMIC, VRSF Downpipes, M3 Skirts
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 02:39 PM   #10
Sales@modmy3.com
Major
Rep
Drives: Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by prelcijoe View Post
Yes Never buy from www.modmy3.com

I'm still waiting for replacement AEs
As copied from the other thread

Joey,

I (David) would normally never do this to our customer but since your persistent that your shop absolutely did nothing wrong. For the record this is what Joey's shop done to his car upon installing his angel eyes.

We rejected your claim for a replacement angel eye bulb based on how the installation of done. We cannot simply provide a replacement for everything that was installed incorrectly.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2013, 01:31 AM   #11
n54gte
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: prius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_Taylor View Post
wtf kind of install is that?!
"You know you done fucked up right?" Damn lmao
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2013, 11:49 AM   #12
marcus321
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 Acura NSX

hahahahaha that is the worst install ever. Why you need a shop to install angel eyes to begin with is beyond me. I dont blame them one bit for not replacing the AE
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 11:52 PM   #13
melloww22
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i E90

bad install on the AE but what about OP's HID Fog lights?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 11:52 PM   #14
melloww22
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i E90

bad install on the AE but what about OP's HID Fog lights?
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2013, 08:36 PM   #15
prelcijoe
Rep

THAT IS NOT HOW MY original install looked like.

Stop the crap and stop lying to people,and giving them the run around.

Just make it right and send me my lights.

Don't make it look like something its not.

A shop did the install when my car was getting worked on so i just had them do it all at once.

After i asked MOdmy3.com to replace my AE they told me to take pictures of the front of my car.
I did that and sent the images..... wait some time ,nothing and then they tell me .......

*********add sealant and that should stop the problem*************** (i had moisture coming in via the drilled whole for the capacitor )
Still same problem.....

over a week goes by..

After the sealant, and a nasty "fix" they ask me to take pictures of the inside of my car....

The shop went over with the glue once again(to stop water coming in) after i was told by marie to do so...
this light was bad from the start would flicker on and off ,then only one would work at random times (left or right)...

On top of all this my adaptive head light module fried because of that small leak..

Stop the crap and stop lying to people and giving them the run around...

Last edited by prelcijoe; 05-21-2013 at 11:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2013, 12:02 AM   #16
project335i
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Wide Load

Quote:
Originally Posted by prelcijoe
THAT IS NOT HOW MY original install looked like.

Stop the crap and stop lying to people,and giving them the run around.

A shop did the install when my car was getting worked on so i just had them do it all at once.

After i asked MOdmy3.com to replace my AE they told me to take pictures of the front of my car.
I did that and sent the images..... wait some time ,nothing and then they tell me .......

*********add sealant and that should stop the problem*************** (i had moisture coming in via the drilled whole for the capacitor )
Still same problem.....

over a week goes by..

After the sealant, and a nasty "fix" they ask me to take pictures of the inside of my car....

The shop went over with the glue once again(to stop water coming in) after i was told by marie to do so...
this light was bad from the start would flicker on and off ,then only one would work at random times (left or right)...

On top of all this my adaptive head light module fried because of that small leak..

Stop the crap and stop lying to people and giving them the run around...

That's crazy you just got told modmy
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2013, 09:35 AM   #17
drsilvershot
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335xi jet black

I ordered a piano black grille last week. It did not ship same day as website indicates. I had to email them after two days to see what was going on. They told me I should have a confirmation email with tracking number before the holiday weekend. They did not send me the email until the following Tuesday. The grille will be here on Friday according to USPS, so not the best customer service, but at least they responded to my emails in a timely fashion. I will update on the quality of the grille once I receive.
Appreciate 0