E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > Does this make my butt look big?

01-05-2013, 05:48 PM   #1
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

Does this make my butt look big?

the tips that is...
Attached Images

Last edited by cssnms; 01-05-2013 at 05:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 05:52 PM   #2
335dFan
Jumping Jack Flash
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Garage List
Big Butt (also referring to nice tips)

No picture? I was thinking about buying the DiMisa 100mm black dual exhaust tips.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 06:03 PM   #3
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

I was out messing around with the camera today - here's a couple other shots I took. I sure wish I was better with a camera.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 06:51 PM   #4
FormerRotor
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d, M-Sport

Garage List
Lol. Love it, man!

I laugh for two reasons...
1. your thread title
2. because I just picked up my performance diffuser from Euro this morning (Derek says hi). I didnt realize you had done that upgrade. Don't worry, though; mine's the BMW part and is painted white, and I'm still bearing the stock tips.

Our cars are becoming more easily distinguishable by the day! Once I get my summer wheel set-up all ready for install, I think we're going to need to get together for a "shoot". My camera skills aren't so hot either, but practice makes perfect.

Looking good, diesel brother!

My Picture Threads (Oldest to Newest): 1 2 3
Join BMW CCA! (Use my link and I get credit )
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 07:21 PM   #5
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRotor View Post
Lol. Love it, man!

I laugh for two reasons...
1. your thread title
2. because I just picked up my performance diffuser from Euro this morning (Derek says hi). I didnt realize you had done that upgrade. Don't worry, though; mine's the BMW part and is painted white, and I'm still bearing the stock tips.

Our cars are becoming more easily distinguishable by the day! Once I get my summer wheel set-up all ready for install, I think we're going to need to get together for a "shoot". My camera skills aren't so hot either, but practice makes perfect.

Looking good, diesel brother!
NICE! Derek and Tom are the best and their work is second to none.

Thanks my man. Hopefully we will have a Spring Pie Run/drive - that would be a prime photo op moment.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 08:32 PM   #6
335dFan
Jumping Jack Flash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Normal Butt 335d

I like those diffusers. Would it be an easy bolt-on for a base butt model, or did I screw up in the beginning again like I did with the suspension decision? From looking at my current butt, it looks like it would need a lot of plastic surgery to install one of those. OK, maybe this analogy is getting taken too far.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 08:59 PM   #7
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335dFan View Post
I like those diffusers. Would it be an easy bolt-on for a base butt model, or did I screw up in the beginning again like I did with the suspension decision? From looking at my current butt, it looks like it would need a lot of plastic surgery to install one of those. OK, maybe this analogy is getting taken too far.
Oldman, you need one of these first...

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...catalogid=4462
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 10:36 PM   #8
FormerRotor
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cssnms View Post
NICE! Derek and Tom are the best and their work is second to none.

Thanks my man. Hopefully we will have a Spring Pie Run/drive - that would be a prime photo op moment.
They seem to be really solid. Thanks for the reference. Since you told me about them, about 4 or 5 other folks I know have vouched for them as well. solid work, good service...even gave my daughter a candy cane when we came to pick up the diffuser ...needless to say, she's a fan between that and the airplanes nearby.

Pie run would be good. I think we could convince Jack to come too for some extra diesel representation. It'd be good to finally put a face to the screen name.

Last edited by FormerRotor; 01-06-2013 at 08:27 AM.. Reason: Didn't mean to delete my comment to jack. Edit error :-/
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 12:36 AM   #9
DSB335d
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 335d DSB/oyster&black/navi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cssnms
I was out messing around with the camera today - here's a couple other shots I took. I sure wish I was better with a camera.
Nice! What suspension setup are you running?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 08:33 AM   #10
335dFan
Jumping Jack Flash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
E90 M-Sports Rear Diffuser, etc.

by me.
I'm all for a pie run and to meet some more oil burner fanatics. As far as pulling the trigger on the major suspension work I have planned, the only hold up at the moment (besides $$) is getting VAC to answer my email. I guess I need to call them tomorrow. As discussed with Former Rotor previously, I am focusing now mainly on BMW-only upgrades, with the exception of the dampers, which I might want to use something else other than the BMW Performance Kit ones. And finding out how much of the rear end work can/should be done by VAC at the same time they tackle the Quaife LSD. Once I sort out the logistics of the changes I want to make, then it's a matter of just finalizing the bill of materials and getting on with the program. I suppose there are many ways to achieve ones desired suspension objectives, but I seem to be converging on the BMW Performance Kit, the M3 Suspension Component Kit, the M3 Subframe Bushings, and perhaps a few other M3 tweaks that aren't covered by the kit, The performance tune and the cosmetics will come later in that order. I wasn't intending any cosmetics such as front and rear diffusers, except for some other wheels, but this is a very slippery slope.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 09:59 AM   #11
FormerRotor
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
by me.
I'm all for a pie run and to meet some more oil burner fanatics. As far as pulling the trigger on the major suspension work I have planned, the only hold up at the moment (besides $$) is getting VAC to answer my email. I guess I need to call them tomorrow. As discussed with Former Rotor previously, I am focusing now mainly on BMW-only upgrades, with the exception of the dampers, which I might want to use something else other than the BMW Performance Kit ones. And finding out how much of the rear end work can/should be done by VAC at the same time they tackle the Quaife LSD. Once I sort out the logistics of the changes I want to make, then it's a matter of just finalizing the bill of materials and getting on with the program. I suppose there are many ways to achieve ones desired suspension objectives, but I seem to be converging on the BMW Performance Kit, the M3 Suspension Component Kit, the M3 Subframe Bushings, and perhaps a few other M3 tweaks that aren't covered by the kit, The performance tune and the cosmetics will come later in that order. I wasn't intending any cosmetics such as front and rear diffusers, except for some other wheels, but this is a very slippery slope.
Yeah, buddy. That modbug carries some weight. Technically the thread jack was my fault, but no one will know because I accidentally deleted my comment to you when I correcting typos in my post. Like I said (before deleting), you're soon to be my suspension hero. Bummer that VAC hasnt returned your call. Looks-wise, your car is looking good as is and (no matter what they tell you in the picture forum) there is nothing wrong with a sleeper.

As far as the suspension questions, i think Chris runs KW coilovers. I know you are coil over-averse, but you may want to check his set-up out. It would pair well with all of those m3 bits.

That's why I like the looks of Chris's car so much. It's aggressive but tasteful almost an "angry OEM" sort of look (similar to what I personally like to try to accomplish with my vehicles). I will say, the tips and black diffuser are just the right touch to enhance the look you already had, cssnms. Keep up the good work!*

*see what I did there? de-thread-jacked.

Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 10:21 AM   #12
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Thanks FormerRotor!

With respect to my suspension, I am on BMW Performance dampers and Eibach springs. I do not need all of the adjustability that comes with coilovers not to mention I wanted to maintain an OEM "like" ride quality without punishing passengers (mainly my wife and kids ). I researched the various options extensively before deciding to go this route. After +/- 12k miles or so I am VERY happy with the set-up. That does not mean I don't wince everytime I am out driving our roads - I am much more cautious and observant of potholes and other road imperfections (you have to be). This is really the only downside.

After a few other things I want to do first, I would like to get an LSD and then perhaps the M3 suspension bits, but otherwise I am very happy with how my car rides.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 05:52 PM   #13
Got_Diesel
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335d

Looks amazing
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 06:03 PM   #14
PR3CI5N
need4speed
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M 335i

Not at all! Looks great
      01-06-2013, 06:26 PM   #15
335dFan
Jumping Jack Flash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I have concluded that the cosmetics I like best are your rear diffuser, but an M3 front bumper. Also matte black kidney grills. I do like your wheels and ride height, and I concur with FR's characterization of your look. But this cosmetic stuff is as pricey as the "go stuff." So it'll have to wait.

Which Eibachs do u have?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 07:59 PM   #16
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I have concluded that the cosmetics I like best are your rear diffuser, but an M3 front bumper. Also matte black kidney grills. I do like your wheels and ride height, and I concur with FR's characterization of your look. But this cosmetic stuff is as pricey as the "go stuff." So it'll have to wait.

Which Eibachs do u have?
Thanks. I went with the Pro Kit springs - less drop/stiff.

The matte grills I have, but me likey the m-sport front though. The bumper lines flow better with the m-sport rear than the m3 front in my humble opinion. If going the m3 front I really think ya need to go m3 rear to pull it off effectively - the bumper lines really just compliment one another. I considered the Performance bumper but I just wasn't feeling it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 08:00 PM   #17
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR3CI5N View Post
Not at all! Looks great
Thanks PR3
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 08:05 PM   #18
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got_Diesel View Post
Looks amazing
Thanks Got Diesel.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 08:36 PM   #19
FormerRotor
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cssnms View Post
Thanks. I went with the Pro Kit springs - less drop/stiff.

The matte grills I have, but me likey the m-sport front though. The bumper lines flow better with the m-sport rear than the m3 front in my humble opinion. If going the m3 front I really think ya need to go m3 rear to pull it off effectively - the bumper lines really just compliment one another. I considered the Performance bumper but I just wasn't feeling it.
I'm liking the front diffuser, boss. I don't think I've seen you rocking that one yet either. The ride is looking pretty well put together. Nice flow with the various cf and gloss black bits.

I've always thought (looks-wise) m3>m-sport>performance>standard, but that m3 conversion is quite the undertaking. I keep dropping hints to my lovely wife, but she hasn't taken me up on it yet. A least for now she's letting me get the little bits out of the way (wheels, reflectors, rear diffuser, interior trim, etc). I think the next major expense for me would be LSD and a few m3 bits,, but who knows...she really likes my carbon fiber roof idea.

Chris do you Think you're about wrapped up on the exterior for now or is there more to come? It's looking like a pretty clean finished product in these pics, but I know we're almost never done. I could see you biting on some LMs given your previous comments.

Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 09:03 PM   #20
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRotor View Post
I'm liking the front diffuser, boss. I don't think I've seen you rocking that one yet either. The ride is looking pretty well put together. Nice flow with the various cf and gloss black bits.

I've always thought (looks-wise) m3>m-sport>performance>standard, but that m3 conversion is quite the undertaking. I keep dropping hints to my lovely wife, but she hasn't taken me up on it yet. A least for now she's letting me get the little bits out of the way (wheels, reflectors, rear diffuser, interior trim, etc). I think the next major expense for me would be LSD and a few m3 bits,, but who knows...she really likes my carbon fiber roof idea.

Chris do you Think you're about wrapped up on the exterior for now or is there more to come? It's looking like a pretty clean finished product in these pics, but I know we're almost never done. I could see you biting on some LMs given your previous comments.
Carbon fiber roof! If you're talking about cutting off your roof and replacing it with CF, talk about an undertaking! They do make diret bolt-on M3 front and rear bumpers for the e90. I believe Modmy3 sells them and a couple of other vendors.

Exterior-wise I tihnk I am done - perhaps some new wheels in the distant future - hmm LM's... But I really do LUV the look of the deep concave CSL's though. I would like to get M3 mirrors, but they're so damn expensive for two little mirrors. There are some replica mirrors out there but they do not have elec fold or have power mirrors - not to mention I am not sure on the fitment. Maybe I will just wrap my mirrors black in the interim.

I have some other wish-list things that I plan to knock out in the next 30 to 60 days, which should do me for a while.

I am going to climb in bed now and read my new Roundel then hit the hay. It's my first day back to work tomorrow since Christmas - I am going to be hurt'n.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 09:55 PM   #21
335dFan
Jumping Jack Flash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
M-Sport or M3 Rear and Front

I think your package looks great. In fact it does flow nicely together. Frankly I was looking at the front and rear as being independent entities, and you're probably right about the pairing problem. The M-Sport front end I looked at a few days ago just looked too busy for my taste compared to the M3 front bumper I saw; I think I may have come to the conclusion that the M3 rear wouldn't work on my car. But body work is as foreign to me as suspension and tuning was a month ago, so it'll come around. Fortunately it's not an urgent thing for me. A sleeper is more appropriate for a more senior guy anyway. The only thing that really feeds my ego is running away from people in the twisties. A drag race is fun but anybody can mash their foot on the pedal. Having said that, the torque monster won't let me alone anytime soon. Thanks for the pointers and ideas.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 09:56 PM   #22
spdy330
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 05 Tundra, 15 FIT, 17 CRV

Look good.
If you will be purchasing ANY AT&T services online or in store could you mention that you were referred by me? My Employee Referral ID is eo4489. This would be a great help and it costs you nothing, thank you!
Appreciate 0