E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Ride Hight vs. Need of Camber plate

11-01-2011, 02:30 PM   #1
JMARS
Not Baned
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 Single-T

Ride Hight vs. Need of Camber plate

Hey guys, I've got a set of FK Silverline X Coilovers on the car and I'm pretty happy with the set-up but I'm curious to know how low can I go (just for reference) and be able to get an alignment without the need of Camber Plates? I'm aware of the PIN that can be drilled out to make slight adjustments to the camber on the OEM top-hat but I don't really know where it's limitations are.
Any EXPERIENCE would greatly be appreciated!

Last edited by JMARS; 11-01-2011 at 05:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2011, 03:05 PM   #2
VSmotorsports
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

There is no hard number I can give you but taking the pin out does not give a big adjustment. Mainly it comes in handy when you need to even out the camber on each side. Meaning if one side is .5 degrees off the other you can try taking the pin out so maybe the difference is .2.

Your best bet might be to set the car at a proper ride height where you like it (not too slammed where it affects suspension geometry) and see where the alignment specs are at.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2011, 05:25 PM   #3
JMARS
Not Baned
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 Single-T

So your telling me that the pin on the Top-hat if removed will only allow for a .2~.3 degree difference?
Appreciate 0