E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Squeaking Brakes

02-21-2007, 07:13 AM   #1
PSUBALL10
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5

Squeaking Brakes

Today when I left the house I noticed at squeaking sound, almost a metal to metal scrapping sound coming from one of my wheel wells. As I proceeded to work the sound continued when I would apply the brake and at some points just whenever I was driving. Now the last week was pretty nasty here in the northeast so I was thinking maybe it was just some cinders and other build ups from the road treatment on my brake pads. I checked the pads thru i-drive and they said they are still good. I was probably going to take it after work and try and hose off the well and wheels. Any thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2007, 03:32 PM   #2
kpcoupe
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 328i Coupe

mine kinda does that too when its cold, i was almost going to get them replaces because it free with the warranty i believe.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2007, 05:07 PM   #3
PSUBALL10
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpcoupe View Post
mine kinda does that too when its cold, i was almost going to get them replaces because it free with the warranty i believe.
Yea they r covered, i just went and hosed it off quick after work and that took car of it.
Appreciate 0