E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > **Official E92 coupe M-Sport / M-tech / M-Package**

02-17-2007, 04:49 PM   #177
purplewidow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335

http://www.bmw.co.za/Products/Automo...upeFeb2007.pdf
sorry put the thread in the general area...here is a listing with price from the SA sight...with the february update for price and product list!!!
________
Halfbaked

Last edited by purplewidow; 03-29-2011 at 07:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2007, 05:25 PM   #178
BMW3FXD
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d M-Sport (on order)

Chris,

Congrats on the early delivery - you should be one of the first m-sport coupes on UK roads!

My dealer emailed me to say the carbon diffuser trim is definetly a dealer fit option so I'm probably going to hold fire on it until I can see it personally. It does look OK in the brochure - but that's on graphite and I want to make sure it will work well with Black.

Don't know if your aware of the USB interface (option 6FL) and maybe already ordered it but if not I would recommend doing so - it's only £205. If you have ordered the dealer fit iPod Interface then replace it with this. See my post on the following link

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...highlight=ipod

What colour are you going for?

Matt
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2007, 02:24 AM   #179
m33porsche
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Porsche 997 C2S

Matt and Chris

Glad you have settled on your colours, black and graphite I think.

I just cannot resolve this at the moment! I can't really get my mind around not ordering the m sport as the front/rear and side treatment is great. However the colour choice is very limited. My preference would be Space Grey but of course you cannot get this in the UK.

Vying for top position is Le Mans Blue but sometimes this can be a bit "look at me" in-yer face, second slot is Graphite but I would personally prefer a lighter shade. Black wouldn't work for me as I have a car focused OCD issue and I've done silver so many times before - help....

Did either of you have colour issues and if so what finally resolved you

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2007, 04:32 AM   #180
Jasper69
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5, 535D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW3FXD View Post
Chris,

Congrats on the early delivery - you should be one of the first m-sport coupes on UK roads!

My dealer emailed me to say the carbon diffuser trim is definetly a dealer fit option so I'm probably going to hold fire on it until I can see it personally. It does look OK in the brochure - but that's on graphite and I want to make sure it will work well with Black.

Don't know if your aware of the USB interface (option 6FL) and maybe already ordered it but if not I would recommend doing so - it's only £205. If you have ordered the dealer fit iPod Interface then replace it with this. See my post on the following link

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...highlight=ipod

What colour are you going for?

Matt
Not really an Ipod guy to be honnest but thanks for the heads up. Black Sapphire for me. Se next post!!

Chris
E92 M3 - on the list - who knows when it will be released or arrive in the UK!
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2007, 04:41 AM   #181
Jasper69
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m33porsche View Post
Matt and Chris

I just cannot resolve this at the moment! I can't really get my mind around not ordering the m sport as the front/rear and side treatment is great. However the colour choice is very limited. My preference would be Space Grey but of course you cannot get this in the UK.

Vying for top position is Le Mans Blue but sometimes this can be a bit "look at me" in-yer face, second slot is Graphite but I would personally prefer a lighter shade. Black wouldn't work for me as I have a car focused OCD issue and I've done silver so many times before - help....

OCD - dead on!!!

There is only 1 reason that I have ordered Black and being perfectly honnest, it is because as soon as my number is up for the M3, it will be traded - for a Silver one!!!

I know I will not be able to live with black long term - so no point putting myself through the OCD mill

I love silver but wanted a short term change. All my cars are silver - I just love the functionality of the colour and the way it makes cars look.

Cheers

Chris
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2007, 07:45 AM   #182
BMW3FXD
Private First Class
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper69 View Post
Not really an Ipod guy to be honnest but thanks for the heads up. Black Sapphire for me. Se next post!!

Chris
Chris - I don't have an iPod either yet! Going to buy one just to keep in the car though. Being able to access my whole music collection through the iDrive is going to be quite something - especially as I've taken the Prof Loudspeaker system as well. I think it's a good move for future proofing your car as well - but sounds like your just waiting for the M3. Wish I could join you there but that's a bridge to far for me right now!
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2007, 08:03 AM   #183
BMW3FXD
Private First Class
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m33porsche View Post
Matt and Chris

Space Grey IS available in the UK!? - I've seen it a few on E92s and my test drive of the E92 was even in this colour. Space Grey for me though is just to boring and business like - it blends in to much with other traffic, even when it is clean.

Silver I do like when combined with a sports body kit but I think the BMW silver is just too dullish in colour - it doesn't gleam enough.

The reason I have always gone for Black Sapphire is that it really does gleam. Even when it does get a bit dirty it still stands out compared to the other colours and when it IS clean it is second to none. My company car is full of 3 series beemers and mine always seems to stand out. That said, I do get it handwashed once a week - but they do a great job for the sake of £10.

The only reason I was considering Graphite is because of the rear diffuser trim now being coloured dark grey rather than black. But for me, it is just too boring. Seen a few driving around - they are nice but not sporty looking. May be for when I retire in 30 years!

For me, Sapphire Black with the body kit, shadowline, tinted rears and 19" 225 wheels will be the combination that stands out the most on any 3 series. I'm also going for the red leather and aluminium trim this time around - to add to the sportiness inside. Saw this on a demo e92 and one me over immediately.

The only question mark for me now is do I get a rear spoiler fitted as nothing comes as extra for m-sport models now on the boot.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2007, 10:21 AM   #184
Jasper69
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Space Grey IS available in the UK!? - I've seen it a few on E92s and my test drive of the E92 was even in this colour. Space Grey for me though is just to boring and business like - it blends in to much with other traffic, even when it is clean.

Silver I do like when combined with a sports body kit but I think the BMW silver is just too dullish in colour - it doesn't gleam enough.

The reason I have always gone for Black Sapphire is that it really does gleam. Even when it does get a bit dirty it still stands out compared to the other colours and when it IS clean it is second to none. My company car is full of 3 series beemers and mine always seems to stand out. That said, I do get it handwashed once a week - but they do a great job for the sake of £10.

The only reason I was considering Graphite is because of the rear diffuser trim now being coloured dark grey rather than black. But for me, it is just too boring. Seen a few driving around - they are nice but not sporty looking. May be for when I retire in 30 years!

For me, Sapphire Black with the body kit, shadowline, tinted rears and 19" 225 wheels will be the combination that stands out the most on any 3 series. I'm also going for the red leather and aluminium trim this time around - to add to the sportiness inside. Saw this on a demo e92 and one me over immediately.

The only question mark for me now is do I get a rear spoiler fitted as nothing comes as extra for m-sport models now on the boot.
I have also gone for Red Leather, tinted rears 19" 225's. Ally trim is standard on the M sport on the interior from what i can gather.

With regards the boot lip spoiler - I have never been a fan of these on the 3 series so I will not add to my car although I have seen an aftermarket one somewhre in CF which looks quite cool.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2007, 10:34 AM   #185
booforty
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
I've now picked up the full UK brochure and the carbon diffuser trim is in there - priced at £275.
Any chance of getting the UK brochure uploaded to the forum?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2007, 03:08 PM   #186
BMW3FXD
Private First Class
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by beauforty View Post
Any chance of getting the UK brochure uploaded to the forum?

Thanks!
Sorry - only have it in hard copy and don't have access to a scanner where I am.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2007, 03:21 PM   #187
BMW3FXD
Private First Class
England
Rep

Quote:
I have also gone for Red Leather, tinted rears 19" 225's. Ally trim is standard on the M sport on the interior from what i can gather.

With regards the boot lip spoiler - I have never been a fan of these on the 3 series so I will not add to my car although I have seen an aftermarket one somewhre in CF which looks quite cool.

Cheers
Identical cars then! Mine is due mid April as well so if I see one another one driving around at that time then good chance it'll be you! :rocks:

Your right, Ally trim is standard but not replacing with wood. It wouldn't go with the red leather and not a big fan of wood trim anyway.

I think I'll probably leave the spoiler out but did see a post of one on a black an e92 somewhere on Bimmerforums I think - but can't refind it!
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2007, 09:29 AM   #188
zuzanna111
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

question

i will have my bm's 335i on next friday and i can't wait!
is it possible to listen ipod in car? i mean,by some program or something?is bmw has idrive or is it in non-standard?
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2007, 09:35 AM   #189
zuzanna111
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Quote:
Here is a link on here to the brochure - this is a US brochure though

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ories+brochure

Chris
can i ask you a favour? have you got any brochure for europe? bmw 335 coupe? thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2007, 02:19 PM   #190
Jasper69
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuzanna111 View Post
can i ask you a favour? have you got any brochure for europe? bmw 335 coupe? thanks
Sorry - I dont have this. I am still waiting for a copy from my dealer

Chris
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2007, 03:11 PM   #191
BMW3FXD
Private First Class
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuzanna111 View Post
i will have my bm's 335i on next friday and i can't wait!
is it possible to listen ipod in car? i mean,by some program or something?is bmw has idrive or is it in non-standard?
You can listen to your iPod by plugging it in to the Aux socket but this won't allow you to select tracks through the iDrive - you will have to use the iPod itself.

If you want to select tracks using iDrive then you will need to have the dealer fitted iPod interface installed. I think your car is probably too close to being delivered to get the new factory fitted USB Interface.

iDrive is not standard. You only get it if you have ordered factory fitted Sat Nav (Business or Professional)
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2007, 03:20 PM   #192
BMW3FXD
Private First Class
England
Rep

Quote:
Sorry - I dont have this. I am still waiting for a copy from my dealer

Chris
Hi Chris,

Visited my dealer today and more news on the carbon diffuser - apparently it is not available on the E92 yet - only E90/E91. The rear will look the same on the E92 but will have different measurements so it won't fit.

Also saw a load of E92s together all waiting to be prep'd for collection. Just about every color was there and the Black Sapphire was definetly the one that did it for me. The bad news is that Black Sapphire with Red leather interior was easily the most popular choice!

Matt
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2007, 08:35 PM   #193
CarbonE39m5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i/ 08' 528i

how do i get that steering wheel
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2007, 10:47 PM   #194
webwes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e92 325i m sport (March/Apr)

Thanks!!

Wow! What can I say!! This site is amazing!! Its made me a very happy man this past day!!

I ordered a 325ci M Sport Coupe without seeing any pictures, So I was extremely happy when I came across the pictures of the blue m sport the other week!

I was happy with that, but was starting to question my choice of Sparkling Graphite with Red Dakota Leather & 19" alloys...

Until yesterday when I came across the pictures of the sparkling graphite car, which I thought looked the same spec as mine! So I was happy again!

Now I've just read the post and saw that they're not actually the 19" wheels, so I'm even happier because the 19's look amazing!!! Thanks! These 5 weeks can't come soon enough now!!

One thing I want to ask though... What option's the rear tints you guys have selected?? I wasn't aware of this option!
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2007, 01:15 AM   #195
rjs
Major
England
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Garage List
'09 M3 (e93)  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by webwes View Post
One thing I want to ask though... What option's the rear tints you guys have selected?? I wasn't aware of this option!
It's option 761, Individual Sun Protection Glazing (£195)

It's looks slighly odd imo as thanks to the nanny state we live in, tinting of the front windows is not legal apparantly. :mad:
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2007, 06:39 AM   #196
webwes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e92 325i m sport (March/Apr)

Aaah thanks Rjs, I misunderstood! I thought it was an option for tinted rear lights!

Yeah I saw the window tint, if it was a slight all round tint I would have gone for it but wasn't sure on the dark tint..
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2007, 07:04 AM   #197
Jasper69
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Hi Chris,

Visited my dealer today and more news on the carbon diffuser - apparently it is not available on the E92 yet - only E90/E91. The rear will look the same on the E92 but will have different measurements so it won't fit.

Also saw a load of E92s together all waiting to be prep'd for collection. Just about every color was there and the Black Sapphire was definetly the one that did it for me. The bad news is that Black Sapphire with Red leather interior was easily the most popular choice!

Matt
Thanks for the info. I hope that it is available by Mid April - then my dealer can fit it before I collect the car.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2007, 07:07 AM   #198
rjs
Major
England
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Garage List
'09 M3 (e93)  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by webwes View Post
Aaah thanks Rjs, I misunderstood! I thought it was an option for tinted rear lights!

Yeah I saw the window tint, if it was a slight all round tint I would have gone for it but wasn't sure on the dark tint..
You could prob get a slight aftermarket tint without upsetting plod. Unsure on cost though

The Limits are: (Motor vehicles first used on or after 1 April 1985: )
  • The light transmitted through the windscreen must be at least 75%.
  • The front side windows must allow at least 70% of light to be transmitted through them.
Appreciate 0