E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > AoshichanX Detailed: "Hamann" ACS BMW e90

06-12-2008, 01:54 AM   #45
Saigon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM E92 335i Coupe

nicely done, where did you get those small 3-4 oz sprayer bottles that you showed me last time, the ones in case of bird droppings? I was thinking marukai in gardena might have them

Last edited by Saigon; 06-12-2008 at 02:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2008, 10:38 AM   #46
purplewidow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335

looks unreal but how do you know the SV Concourso is staying on? you have jetseal 109 under it so how could it bond? didn't you just basically waste the SV?
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2008, 08:00 PM   #47
AoshichanX
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black e90 335i

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saigon View Post
nicely done, where did you get those small 3-4 oz sprayer bottles that you showed me last time, the ones in case of bird droppings? I was thinking marukai in gardena might have them
Hey Saigon

Did that Hurry Curry do anything to you btw? Man...the shit it gave me that night gave me shivers all night long

Detailed Image Pump Spray Bottle

If you are looking for something more OTC, I would suggest you look at some beauty supply stores, or FMINUS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplewidow View Post
looks unreal but how do you know the SV Concourso is staying on? you have jetseal 109 under it so how could it bond? didn't you just basically waste the SV?
The Analogy

You have a dusty wooden table (dirty car)
You blow off the dust, and clean the table surface (prep)
You put a protective plastic layer on top of the surface (sealant)
You put some stickers on it for decoration (wax)

Science and Methodology

Jetseal has acrylic properties which facilitates fast drying and bonding. The acrylic crystalline used in Jetseal allows for bonding at the molecular level. The marketing vanatage suggests that such a development creates a long lasting sealant. You are correct that the SW is bonding to the sealant, and not the paint. However, generally sealants out-last waxes, this case particularly so.

This is also why many people top Z5/Z2pro with a layer of carnauba wax. It's usually ok because the wax will be gone and the Z5/Z2pro will remain, and they will continue to layer their car with more Z5/Z2. Topping wax with sealant is therefore pointless, unless it is some sort of temporary special look that someone is trying to achieve.

Hype

A lot of detailing is hype. But such is the nature of supply and demand. Some customers expect you to use a foam cannon that makes the process look fancy and neat or a super expensive wax.

Other customers only care about the final product and result. Either way, it is usually the detailer's duty to cater to both the needs and desires of the customers. Or, if the detailers do not have the products, they can attempt to convince the customer otherwise.

Being Different

The key to sustainable competitive advantage in this saturated market is product differentiation. Thus, ... wait a second, wtf am I doing. Sorry I went off on a tangent...

I think I started to answer your question but...but...but
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2008, 04:55 PM   #48
ADHD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Garage List
21 M540i  [0.00]
07 e90 335  [0.00]
^^^^^LMAO What a detailed thorough explanation!! Ya u went on a tangent but well explained..... Good job on the car man looks great!!
      06-17-2008, 03:44 PM   #49
garyhgaryh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Supercharged e30 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AoshichanX View Post
If you guys are looking for spray bottles, I saw some at Target for $1.00. I might buy a few for my cars. It uses the windex type handles for that pumping action which I perfer .

Gary
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2008, 11:33 PM   #50
Concours Finish
Reflection Obsession
United_States
Rep
Drives: blue "thinking man's bmw"

Great work and pics. Few questions. Did you leave the jetseal on overnight without wiping it off? Is that an autobrite foam cannon?
Appreciate 0