E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > **********s- horrible quality products and even worse customer service

05-27-2008, 05:22 PM   #45
tek818
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M Competition

Garage List
2018 M3 ZCP  [9.50]
responded to your email james...
      05-27-2008, 05:42 PM   #46
Dubbedoutbimmer
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335XI Coupe Loaded w/body kit

wow cat fights holy shit
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2008, 07:17 PM   #47
bolinp78
G35 convertee
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i (AW)

Man, I'm now nervous about my CSL reps and smoked LED sidemarkers in the mail...

Has anyone had a positive experiece buying wheels from MB? This is a fairly large ticket item, so someone alleviate my nervousness =)
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2008, 07:43 PM   #48
flyer333
GSS CORP.
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E90/E93

my bodykit from them was in good shape

Don't teach a pig how to read, it's a waste of time and it annoys the pig.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2008, 08:03 PM   #49
SantaClawz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

RAWR!!!!!! lolol

ROLLING STOCK
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2008, 08:12 PM   #50
tek818
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M Competition

Garage List
2018 M3 ZCP  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinp78 View Post
Man, I'm now nervous about my CSL reps and smoked LED sidemarkers in the mail...

Has anyone had a positive experiece buying wheels from MB? This is a fairly large ticket item, so someone alleviate my nervousness =)
I assume that you purchased a brand-name CSL rep (VMR, Miro, etc..) so I doubt there will be much, if any product variation. Now, for the smoked LED sidemarkers, who knows if they will be identical to the item pictured on their website; the one you thought you were purchasing. Unfortunately, you are at the mercy of their distributors as to which version of the product you receive, as **********s has proved they are unable to keep quality control in check.
      05-27-2008, 08:49 PM   #51
Mich335
Private
Rep
Drives: AW 335xi coupe

Hi guys,

I bought M6 wheels from James at **********s and received them in good time. Once they were installed, they looked and fit great. I purchased KW V3 coilovers from Ron at **********s, they were on back order and he kept me up-to-date everytime he spoke to KW, I received them, installed and they are amazing. Nothing but good words for the guys at **********s. Mistakes can happen, I get shit on at work from time to time for things that are out of my control, but hey, it happens to everyone!

I know I ordered stuff from Miro and KW essentially, but I recently put in an order for the famous CF license plate and CF mirror covers, I'll let you know how the stuff turns up.

Take a deep breath boys and girls, patience is a virtue!
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2008, 09:45 PM   #52
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

wow thanks for the heads up. i will make sure I will not purchase from them in the future. was considering to purchasing parts from them. after reading the whole thread, they have horrible customer service.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2008, 11:01 PM   #53
addy85
Got beef?
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbo335 View Post
wow thanks for the heads up. i will make sure I will not purchase from them in the future. was considering to purchasing parts from them. after reading the whole thread, they have horrible customer service.

Special Thanks to AU335
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2008, 11:13 PM   #54
mig28
Major
Rep
Drives: She's black, wild, 'n hawt!!

small problem!! just refund it ..thats all.end of story.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2008, 11:57 PM   #55
1WickedE90
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinp78 View Post

For the CSL reps, the distributors are local (Orange County, CA). The smoked LED sidemarkers are probably a Bimmian product, so I wouldn't worry. Both are fairly common, stocked items.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2008, 08:12 AM   #56
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Well, I'd like James to explain the worn out appearance of that frame. It looks like a 12 year old tried to install it four times and stripped the hell out of the holes. Not only does it look NOTHING like the picture, but it's DAMAGED as well. To say that because you drop ship products you have no control over the quality is a poor excuse.

Just my 2 cents.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2008, 08:39 AM   #57
FrankoQ
Deny everything
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i; 2015 X6, S1000RR

Garage List
2015 BMW X6  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
I got my M6 from MB and had no problems at all.
I had some pre and post sale questions and they were quick to respond.

I need a drink

Appreciate 0
      05-28-2008, 08:59 AM   #58
Das M
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB F80 ///M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAg335i View Post
Well, I'd like James to explain the worn out appearance of that frame. It looks like a 12 year old tried to install it four times and stripped the hell out of the holes. Not only does it look NOTHING like the picture, but it's DAMAGED as well. To say that because you drop ship products you have no control over the quality is a poor excuse.

Just my 2 cents.
that is exactly what i was thinking.
      05-28-2008, 12:44 PM   #59
335JB
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335viaSTi View Post
that is exactly what i was thinking.
not only that, they also still have an image of a product that they obviously are not selling.

they admit that this is what they sell and that they sold "tons" of them. i don't shop at **********s anyways as there are really no bargains and this pathetic excuse that they are trying to swing will make me continue to take my business elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James************
For the license plate you've received, there is no "bait and switch" from us. We even had these license plates at Bimmerfest, and we sold tons of them without complaints (You could have come at the show since you were local to get them exchanged or heck even here at the office). You called/e-mailed us with threats, but we didn't hang up on the phone or just blow you off. We told you that we would make sure you got what you needed, including a full refund 'we agreed to give you a full refund'--when this sort of product goes out to a customer, we make sure they get the right one in the end.

OEM Front Lip | Seibon CF Trunk | CF Kidney Grills | Painted Reflectors | GP Thunder Angels | ACS Roof Spoiler | Rear Fogs
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2008, 03:36 AM   #60
ModBargains.com
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tek818 View Post
I assume that you purchased a brand-name CSL rep (VMR, Miro, etc..) so I doubt there will be much, if any product variation. Now, for the smoked LED sidemarkers, who knows if they will be identical to the item pictured on their website; the one you thought you were purchasing. Unfortunately, you are at the mercy of their distributors as to which version of the product you receive, as **********s has proved they are unable to keep quality control in check.
Smoked LED sidemarkers--we were the first to sell these, and we've only had positive review on these. I'm sorry, but if you think that just because one bad license plate was sent out means that EVERYTHING we sell is bad, you are obviously mistaken.

Either way, we've already taken care of this, we've investigated and penalized our distributor for what they've done with the quality of these plates, and we're getting all this finished up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbo335 View Post
I feel that you are being way to quick to judge twinturbo335. Have you ever had any experience with us? I can tell you assure you that we have great products and great customer service to the e90post.com community and beyond. This is one thread, and even in this thread, as you actually read the whole thing, you'll see that not every customer gets this "horrible customer service" that you've been reading. Mishaps occur, and that's why we are here to fix it for your customers. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mig28 View Post
small problem!! just refund it ..thats all.end of story.
It has been refunded, but the story has not ended. I'm hoping this thread will be closed since everything has been resolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAg335i View Post

Just my 2 cents.
TiAg335i, I'm sorry if you find that to be a poor excuse. There is much more to a dropship company that just taking orders, and telling the distributor to send out products. We do our best to do the quality controls that we can, but we, as an online retailer, can only do so much.

Even if we were the main distributor, do you think all distributors opens every single box that is being shipped out to check for any problems? No, they do not. They ship it out, checking maybe one box every once in a while. This is why when there are any issues with the shipment, we are glad to exchange/refund.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335JB View Post
not only that, they also still have an image of a product that they obviously are not selling.

they admit that this is what they sell and that they sold "tons" of them. i don't shop at **********s anyways as there are really no bargains and this pathetic excuse that they are trying to swing will make me continue to take my business elsewhere.
Okay, you're just twisting around words right now. I said that we sold the same license plate at Bimmerfest and our site. I already explained our situation to tek818.

Honestly, I don't even know why this thread is still open when refunds have been made and everything is going through.

Our distributor sent over a bad license plate, therefore, we offered to replace/refund it. Not only that, for poor quality control of our distributors, we make sure we investigate and penalize our distributors for their mistakes. Please do not come into a thread and quote me, twisting around words, making it look like we were selling the exact "poor quality" license plate that the OP showed. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2008, 04:08 AM   #61
mJ335
Amateur Post Whore
Rep
Drives: 07 E90 SparkLiN G. 335i

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
Hmm.. by looking at the pics, looks like a used frame to me.. I got the Smoked Side Markers from **********s and it's perfectly fine.. love the LED blinkers Also, James was kind enough to answer hundreds of questions I had regarding his products (m6 reps, amber-gones, etc.) Customer service is top notch, that's for sure.

|BL|RS|PIAA|CFE|CFMC|SSM|CFG|CFDP|ABG|M6|AFE|MTECH |RPI|JB+|CSLT|KWSC|
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2008, 09:07 AM   #62
simpleE92
Captain
Rep
Drives: e92

i dunno ive ordered from **********s and i got crappy cutomer service so i feel your pain.
20x10 and 20x8.5 / 285-245 / et 35 all around / rear fenders rolled / 6000k hid headlights / 6000k hid fog lights / GP Thunder cornering lights / Mtec Super White angel eyes / full led interior / led plate lights / h&r sport spings / 2-10 inch kicker L7 / kicker 1500x2 amp / kicker 1000x4 /full dynamat trunk/5% tints all around / ACS Style Roof Spoiler / carbon fiber roundel overlays / led plate lights/ more to come........
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2008, 10:38 AM   #63
MBE93
Gold Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Vert

Wow, glad I went with JLeviSW for my wheel/tire combo. Might have gone with MB if JL hadn't been so close. My wheel/tire combo was perfect (though I got no centers?)
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2008, 04:20 PM   #64
335JB
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by James************
Okay, you're just twisting around words right now. I said that we sold the same license plate at Bimmerfest and our site. I already explained our situation to tek818.

Honestly, I don't even know why this thread is still open when refunds have been made and everything is going through.

Our distributor sent over a bad license plate, therefore, we offered to replace/refund it. Not only that, for poor quality control of our distributors, we make sure we investigate and penalize our distributors for their mistakes. Please do not come into a thread and quote me, twisting around words, making it look like we were selling the exact "poor quality" license plate that the OP showed. Thanks.
not really but okay. if you said you sold the same license plate at bimmerfest and your site, that is nowhere to be found in that post. looks like you implied that people were okay with buying a cheap looking license plate.

this thread is still open because obviously the situation hasn't been resolved and the continuous posts making this thread go to the top of the forum for all to see make more people aware of how your company conducts business. basically, you're losing business and its understandable.

as for blaming it on your distributor. it's a license plate. come on! you buy these in bulk and have them at your store. not going to name names but i'm well aware of how these operations work and know of someone who used to work at **********s. if they were larger pieces like trunks, hoods, etc. or top-end brands, shipping from the distributor would be more the likely case. as for small items like these and other trinkets, it's more cost effective to buy them in bulk and ship them directly from your own warehouse. once again, another pathetic excuse and another reason why i don't shop with your company.

OEM Front Lip | Seibon CF Trunk | CF Kidney Grills | Painted Reflectors | GP Thunder Angels | ACS Roof Spoiler | Rear Fogs
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2008, 08:00 PM   #65
ModBargains.com
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB E92 335i

^Okay, I did not imply that we sold "cheap looking license plate"s. I said, MY (yes, mine, not what you think is mine) implication was that we sold Carbon Fiber License plates, and we sold them just fine because there were no issues with it. Which brings us back to the fact that the CF license plate that was shipped was obviously a bad license plate, which is why we were trying to get it returned and refunded. Tek818 has already gotten instructions, he's got his money, and we're about to get our product back. If you ask me, yes, it is resolved.

I hope you realize we don't stock anything in our office. We are a dropship company--that does not mean where we work at is a warehouse. It's an office, check it out for yourself. The situation is solved. You're saying that it's not because you think all we do is sell poor quality products. Think again.

Have you even had any experience with us? If you did, have you had a bad experience with me?
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2008, 09:11 PM   #66
addy85
Got beef?
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Mods seriously, why is this still open?

Special Thanks to AU335
Appreciate 0