E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > El hilo en español

11-20-2010, 10:51 PM   #23
lopealle
Resident Black Guy
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: Lion

Garage List
2006 M5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by radix View Post
A mod deleted my last post. It's pretty clear I was joking, and it's also pretty clear that lopealle knew I was joking and didn't take any offense. Have we really gotten to the point where we can't joke around with each other without having our posts deleted?

WHOA!!! Some jive turkey done deleted yo post man. lol
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2010, 10:52 PM   #24
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopealle View Post
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2010, 10:57 PM   #25
radix
you know he kills little girls like you
No_Country
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
What it is jive turkey? Ahem, I mean "It is what it is, my good sir."
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2010, 11:21 PM   #26
lopealle
Resident Black Guy
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: Lion

Garage List
2006 M5  [10.00]
Quote:
What it is jive turkey? Ahem, I mean "It is what it is, my good sir."
Well according to my extensive research (google), a "jive turkey" is One who speaks as though they know what they're talking about...though they do not.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2010, 11:52 PM   #27
radix
you know he kills little girls like you
No_Country
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Well according to my extensive research (google), a "jive turkey" is One who speaks as though they know what they're talking about...though they do not.
However, jiving (jivin') can also be done in good fun. To say that someone is jivin' can mean their full of it, but it can also now refer to a person who engages in jive talkin' or jive-talk, or just jive, which was a vernacular used by hipsters and hepcats in Harlem for some time after the Harlem Renaissance. It can also refer to a popular form of dance from roughly the same period. As pertains to speech I suppose jive as a term was somewhat of a precursor to (as in it evolved into) ebonics, referred to by linguists as AAVE. Jive talk evolved from the talk used by the hepcats in the 40's to that used in the 70's. The two are easily distinguished. The phrase "jive turkey" was initially coined in the 70's AFAIK.

As with any insult, "What it is jive turkey?" used between friends just means "what's up man?". To refer to a person you don't like as a jive turkey means you think they're full of shit. I was using it in the friendly manner with you.

http://darwinscans.blogspot.com/2010...nary-1945.html

Interestingly, you'll see 'homey' originally referred to someone from your home town, lol.

Last edited by radix; 11-21-2010 at 12:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2010, 01:50 AM   #28
bmwmthree
Captain
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
However, jiving (jivin') can also be done in good fun. To say that someone is jivin' can mean their full of it, but it can also now refer to a person who engages in jive talkin' or jive-talk, or just jive, which was a vernacular used by hipsters and hepcats in Harlem for some time after the Harlem Renaissance. It can also refer to a popular form of dance from roughly the same period. As pertains to speech I suppose jive as a term was somewhat of a precursor to (as in it evolved into) ebonics, referred to by linguists as AAVE. Jive talk evolved from the talk used by the hepcats in the 40's to that used in the 70's. The two are easily distinguished. The phrase "jive turkey" was initially coined in the 70's AFAIK.

As with any insult, "What it is jive turkey?" used between friends just means "what's up man?". To refer to a person you don't like as a jive turkey means you think they're full of shit. I was using it in the friendly manner with you.

http://darwinscans.blogspot.com/2010...nary-1945.html

Interestingly, you'll see 'homey' originally referred to someone from your home town, lol.

Appreciate 0
      11-21-2010, 08:12 AM   #29
Javi335
Troll but nice
Spain
Rep
Drives: 335i E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressdoc View Post
Pues, es la Commonwealth of Dominica. No soy de la República de Dominica.
Pero viví en Chile cuando tenía 16 años, y España es uno de mis países preferidos.

ya sabia yo que habia hablado en cristiano con usted en alguna ocasion

valley, they are still places in phillipines where people speak spanish, right?
There was me, that is Alex, and my three droogs, that is Pete, Georgie, and Dim, and we sat in the Korova Milkbar trying to make up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening. The Korova milkbar sold milk-plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2010, 11:42 AM   #30
ghosthi32
Banned
Rep
Drives: Water camel

hahahahha this thread
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2010, 01:05 PM   #31
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States