E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > AA has done it again!! 335 software

04-22-2007, 11:06 PM   #89
SROC3
The limit of adhesion is my home.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a Boss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SfValley335i View Post
just as Bnj said, I was referring to tuning products not actual cars.But I bought the bmw because of its name/styling and the motor. It has all 3 things in 1 package, luxury, turbo's and euro styling.

If Company A developed and made a product "xede" and Company B created a legal copy (or similar product) which gave the same HP/Torq but at a lower price. I wouldn't Pay a Premium on the product to Company A because they spent more time developing it. Again it isnt about who made what first, its about who can make a product with one of the highest power gains at the cheapest price. And as of right now AA tuning has that product.

Just because the PROcede has more Inputs/Outputs compared to AA tuning Xede doesnt make it better. At the moment procede is not using any of the extra I/O to make higher hp/torq gains. Thus until they do put those extra I/O's to use then AA tuning is better because of its lower Price and availability.
AA tuning may have that product, and if it truly does have more power that's great. However, one major thing of consideration is that the PROCEDE has been tested much longer and has even proven itself on the track (at Bathurst).

So in a way, longevity does rule in the end. A lot of people on this forum would love to buy the "fastest" product, sure....but I would assume that most would not want something that has no track-record. AA, as a company, may have a track record, but does this specific product for the 335i have one? NOT YET.

It does not mean its a bad product, it simply hasn't been "proven" yet. Till that day comes, Vishnu Tuning will continue to be regarded as the leader. It's that simple.
      04-22-2007, 11:37 PM   #90
jthurs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe, Black w/ Coral Red

Yes Procede costs more, but the unit itself isn't the only thing you are purchasing. When you buy the Procede, you also get great customer support and the constant updating and improvements of maps and functions. I think paying the extra money for the quality of support Vishnu offers, along with the adaptability of Procede and for the variety of maps they offer/will offer is one of the things that makes the Procede so great.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2007, 11:46 PM   #91
SfValley335i
Colonel
Afghanistan
Rep
Drives: Current:135i Sold:335i sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SROC3 View Post
AA tuning may have that product, and if it truly does have more power that's great. However, one major thing of consideration is that the PROCEDE has been tested much longer and has even proven itself on the track (at Bathurst).

So in a way, longevity does rule in the end. A lot of people on this forum would love to buy the "fastest" product, sure....but I would assume that most would not want something that has no track-record. AA, as a company, may have a track record, but does this specific product for the 335i have one? NOT YET.

It does not mean its a bad product, it simply hasn't been "proven" yet. Till that day comes, Vishnu Tuning will continue to be regarded as the leader. It's that simple.

I guess you dont understand that the PRocede and Xede do the same thing on the 335i motor to gain more power. Xede has been used on Evo's/STi's/Mazda's for years before it was even used on the 335i. The product itself does have a track records and its record is great thats why was used in so many different applications. (Try searching on Google for Xede owners that were dissatisfied with the product.)

It was so great that Shiv planned to use it on the 335i and he did use it. Something happened and he dropped the Xede and started using a Procede. Pretty much the same product with more I/O's.

**Maybe shiv realized others would be able to sell custom branded Xede's and that he needed to separate himself from them by offering a product with more options, in this case more I/O's.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2007, 11:49 PM   #92
SfValley335i
Colonel
Afghanistan
Rep
Drives: Current:135i Sold:335i sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthurs View Post
Yes Procede costs more, but the unit itself isn't the only thing you are purchasing. When you buy the Procede, you also get great customer support and the constant updating and improvements of maps and functions. I think paying the extra money for the quality of support Vishnu offers, along with the adaptability of Procede and for the variety of maps they offer/will offer is one of the things that makes the Procede so great.

Who said AA tuning won't offer updated/different maps?
Heck with the Turbo tuners cheap price, they've had one of the best support I've personally experienced. (Calling me back to make sure everything went good)
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2007, 08:40 AM   #93
Jean@ActiveAutowerke
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335

Upgraded maps will be offered with the AA Xede processor. We are still working very hard to maximize the potential gains with our programing.
Remember we are still in our lvl 1 stage.
Appreciate 0