E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Some Chinese would do anything for money or an Ipad

06-03-2011, 07:44 AM   #23
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep
Drives: Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
Copyright laws in China are very very loose, you'll see tons of counterfeit cars, etc running around there
loose?

Lol.. there aren't any. They make fake EVERYTHING. Now this includes pharmaceuticals, surgical supplies, PACEMAKERS... they are the scum of the earth... no offense to any Chinese people on this forum.. But you're people are putting Millions of lives in jeopardy because they just don't give a fuck. It's not like we are talking about a fake pair of Jordans.
      06-03-2011, 07:51 AM   #24
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

^ Total agreement.

Not all Chinese of course but what they do is just disgusting.

It's a lot like cheating. Can't stand cheaters. In fact they suck.
      06-03-2011, 07:53 AM   #25
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

you shouldn't buy a pacemaker from a stall on canal street
      06-03-2011, 08:01 AM   #26
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep
Drives: Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
you shouldn't buy a pacemaker from a stall on canal street
It's not the US that you have to worry about. It is the rest of the world that doesn't have the FDA looking out for them. There are extremely lax regulations and a lot of bribing.

Developing countries say the same thing a low income person does when they see a box of fruity loops... "They're the same thing. I don't know why you pay all that extra money for the name brand." Well in this instance, it's not just a little flavor you are sacrificing.
      06-03-2011, 09:52 AM   #27
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
It's not the US that you have to worry about. It is the rest of the world that doesn't have the FDA looking out for them. There are extremely lax regulations and a lot of bribing.

Developing countries say the same thing a low income person does when they see a box of fruity loops... "They're the same thing. I don't know why you pay all that extra money for the name brand." Well in this instance, it's not just a little flavor you are sacrificing.
my company just won a judgement over this very thing, btw

http://www.seattlepi.com/business/ar...se-1352682.php
      06-03-2011, 10:26 AM   #28
gun6slinger9
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 428xi

The chinese have also found a away to make money off of fake eggs and fake soy sauce. Amazing thing is that until you crack open the egg you cant tell it's fake. If they actually used their intelligence and cunning for good rather than making all this fake crap they could actually be a benefit to the rest of the world rather than themselves.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2011, 10:40 AM   #29
M3Bahn
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun6slinger9 View Post
The chinese have also found a away to make money off of fake eggs and fake soy sauce. Amazing thing is that until you crack open the egg you cant tell it's fake. If they actually used their intelligence and cunning for good rather than making all this fake crap they could actually be a benefit to the rest of the world rather than themselves.
That was my biggest worry when I was over there buying fake food products.

They are super capitalists and will do anything to make and or increase profit.
      06-03-2011, 11:46 AM   #30
SchlauCow
Rep
Drives: Honda M6

Chinese will continue to utilize trade secrets as weaponry against the U.S. -- especially when it comes to digital network technologies. Just research Huawei-Symantec... The Chinese are one of our biggest threats, and I'm hoping their hacker sweatshops turn against them. Also, as a rule of thumb, I don't trust any Chinese student or official who comes to the U.S., especially when they're here for tech/defense conferences. /rant
      06-03-2011, 11:58 AM   #31
stylinexpat
Major
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
loose?

Lol.. there aren't any. They make fake EVERYTHING. Now this includes pharmaceuticals, surgical supplies, PACEMAKERS... they are the scum of the earth... no offense to any Chinese people on this forum.. But you're people are putting Millions of lives in jeopardy because they just don't give a fuck. It's not like we are talking about a fake pair of Jordans.
I have lived in Asia for 20 years now as an expat. Money is in their blood. They will gamble,copy,and do just about anything for money. My wife is Chinese as well so I know the locals quite well when it comes to money. Some people work to live while others live to work.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2011, 12:06 PM   #32
AngelinIsRich08
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 X5M, '09 CTS

What's an expat? And the kid could have just asked his friend to steal one from the factory he works at that makes them. Haha.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2011, 12:09 PM   #33
SchlauCow
Rep
Drives: Honda M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelinIsRich08 View Post
What's an expat? And the kid could have just asked his friend to steal one from the factory he works at that makes them. Haha.

An expatriate is someone who lives in another country other than from where he/she is originally from. E.g. If I live in China, I'm an American expat.
      06-03-2011, 12:13 PM   #34
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchlauCow View Post
An expatriate is someone who lives in another country other than from where he/she is originally from. E.g. If I live in China, I'm an American expat.
u traitor
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2011, 12:41 PM   #35
gun6slinger9
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 428xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchlauCow View Post
Chinese will continue to utilize trade secrets as weaponry against the U.S. -- especially when it comes to digital network technologies. Just research Huawei-Symantec... The Chinese are one of our biggest threats, and I'm hoping their hacker sweatshops turn against them. Also, as a rule of thumb, I don't trust any Chinese student or official who comes to the U.S., especially when they're here for tech/defense conferences. /rant
All nationalities have hackers, the reason you hear more about the Chinese is because they tend to be sloppy as they are relatively new to this and get caught/leave traces of their work.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2011, 12:56 PM   #36
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensta335 View Post
Sold his kidney for $3400 only? Thought kidneys are worth at least $10k. He got ripped off.
broker fees

Quote:

exasperating how they just don't understand. i guess this is what separates a developed country from developing country.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2011, 12:57 PM   #37
stylinexpat
Major
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun6slinger9 View Post
All nationalities have hackers, the reason you hear more about the Chinese is because they tend to be sloppy as they are relatively new to this and get caught/leave traces of their work.

Very true. The US,Israel and Russia are among those on top at hacking. The Chinese are new to this so they are a bit sloppy. Give them some time and they will get much better at hacking. It is just like counterfeiting products to where when they first started the difference was quite obvious but now many can hardly tell the difference.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2011, 01:08 PM   #38
AngelinIsRich08
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 X5M, '09 CTS

Aren't the Chinese still communist? I know they're pseudo-capitalist but in general they aren't.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2011, 01:13 PM   #39
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
They are really capitalist but with a very controlling central government re social and political issues...that's my take
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2011, 02:01 PM   #40
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

I don't want to jump on the bash-china-bandwagon, but their lack of respect towards IP is disgusting. Never ever send source code or even a partial build to a chinese company asking for a "demo" of your product. It will be decompiled and you will have given 2 years worth of work to someone for free.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2011, 02:56 PM   #41
M3Bahn
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
They are really capitalist but with a very controlling central government re social and political issues...that's my take
Yeah exactly and way more efficient than our system.