E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > Will these BBS wheels fit?

05-06-2014, 01:19 AM   #1
joebattle1
Rep
Drives: BMW 06 325xit Wagon

Will these BBS wheels fit?

Hello,

I just sold my 2004 Audi A4 and picked up a 2006 e91/325xi Wagon. I'm trying to buy some good wheels on a budget. Can anyone tell me if these will fit? They're coming from an e34/M5. Im assuming I would have to run some spacers.

Thanks for the help. Dig this forum. Lots of good info.

tint was my first mod. ha!

18x9 +24 w/235/35zr-18 tires.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-06-2014, 07:36 PM   #2
thegrinchboy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 335xi, '18 X1, '21 M2C

Garage List
Try posting your question in the wheels and tires section. You may get better/more input from other members. Also there is a calculator in that section that will get you the info on the clearance and etc.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 09:42 AM   #3
joebattle1
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrinchboy View Post
Try posting your question in the wheels and tires section. You may get better/more input from other members. Also there is a calculator in that section that will get you the info on the clearance and etc.
Thanks for the tip thegrinchboy. I added it in the wheel section. I thought that it being an xi it should go here. guess not as you are the only person who responded. Do you know if there is a way to delete this post here? Dont want to clog up drive space with dbl postings in two diff sections of the forum. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 10:21 AM   #4
zipstic
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 335xi

Garage List
2008 335xi Coupe  [10.00]
Are you planning to lower your car? I'm not as familiar with the e91 suspension, but I believe they should work. If you plan on lowering the car you could run into rubbing issues on the fender, but since the XI has a large gap between the fender and tire you should probably be ok. If I were you I'd do a test fitting if possible to verify.

Also those tires are generally a little bit shorter than most people run giving you a shorter sidewall. Usually you'll see 235/40/18 to be closer to stock sizes.

Congrats on the new car!
      05-07-2014, 10:28 AM   #5
joebattle1
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipstic View Post
Are you planning to lower your car? I'm not as familiar with the e91 suspension, but I believe they should work. If you plan on lowering the car you could run into rubbing issues on the fender, but since the XI has a large gap between the fender and tire you should probably be ok. If I were you I'd do a test fitting if possible to verify.

Also those tires are generally a little bit shorter than most people run giving you a shorter sidewall. Usually you'll see 235/40/18 to be closer to stock sizes.

Congrats on the new car!
Funny you should ask... lonnng story... Im having front end rattle/noise that two Bimmer mechanics have not been able to track. They replaced some common bushings and stuck a crow bar under it and pried all over the car. They suggested that I replace shocks next. I told them to hold off as I was doing some suspension research on here. It being an all wheel drive has only complicated my decision. Do I just replace with OEM or go a touch lower with some aftermarket Billsteins or Konis. Im still up in the air about it. Unfortunately the wheels are in Alabama and I'm in the bay area in California so its purchase, test fit, and sell locally if they dont fit.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 10:50 AM   #6
thegrinchboy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 335xi, '18 X1, '21 M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebattle1 View Post
Thanks for the tip thegrinchboy. I added it in the wheel section. I thought that it being an xi it should go here. guess not as you are the only person who responded. Do you know if there is a way to delete this post here? Dont want to clog up drive space with dbl postings in two diff sections of the forum. Thanks.
Not sure how to delete. You can close the thread though if you want. I wouldn't really worry about ti.

Congrats on the new vehicle. Also nice looking wheels.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 11:36 AM   #7
zipstic
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 335xi

Garage List
2008 335xi Coupe  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebattle1 View Post
Funny you should ask... lonnng story... Im having front end rattle/noise that two Bimmer mechanics have not been able to track. They replaced some common bushings and stuck a crow bar under it and pried all over the car. They suggested that I replace shocks next. I told them to hold off as I was doing some suspension research on here. It being an all wheel drive has only complicated my decision. Do I just replace with OEM or go a touch lower with some aftermarket Billsteins or Konis. Im still up in the air about it. Unfortunately the wheels are in Alabama and I'm in the bay area in California so its purchase, test fit, and sell locally if they dont fit.
I would definitely go aftermarket if you need to replace them anyway. The OEM xi suspension is not good. However, I would not pair OEM springs with aftermarket shocks or vice versa. Koni shocks with Eibach or HR sport springs would be a nice combo. Alternatively you could go with coilovers, which is what I did.
      05-07-2014, 07:55 PM   #8
rosica
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: s2000

Garage List
2001 S2000  [0.00]
2007 333xi  [0.00]
They should fit fine.