E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Virgin Credit Card aka MBNA - avoid these retards!!!

03-20-2011, 12:46 PM   #1
Carrera RSR
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: BMW

Virgin Credit Card aka MBNA - avoid these retards!!!

I applied for a Virgin card some 18 months ago due to the long interest free balance transfer. From the outset they have cocked up the transfers, the interest and payments. I have had continual contact with them to rectify their errors. I can't believe they can be a complete bunch of fuckwits continually!! Promise to fix the problem then not bother. You can't talk to a supervisor or manager when you call. Managers never call back when you ask. Had I known the Virgin card was MBNA I wouldn't have bothered. Now I urge you all to steer clear of these retarded bunch of idiots to avoid my headaches. I paid the balance off in full last month but they still took twice the value of a direct debit and charged interest on an interest free account, again!!

Bunch of fuckers who will be getting both barrels down the telephone tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 12:50 PM   #2
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
The fuckwits set up a direct debit for me. They managed to set it at a date that meant it took the payment late every month so I got charged a late fee. Cocks.
      03-20-2011, 12:52 PM   #3
pjs
Colonel
Rep
Drives: i8

MBNA have always been spot on for me, never a problem, plenty 'free' cash over the years
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 01:20 PM   #4
rogerxp
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp Pack / QQ+2 Tekna

Garage List
Virgin didn't announce the final bit of interest due after I cleared my card, went unnoticed for months, then I got refused credit. They hadn't told me about the tenner due at the time or send me any statements. Eventually got a random statement out of the blue which started the query. Turns out they'd reported my missed payments so stuffed up my credit rating. Got it all sorted out quite easily but did take a couple of months for my credit score to be updated.
Gone -: 370Z GT Roadster; BMW X3 3.0d xdrive M Sport; E46 330i M Sport Coupe; Mazda RX8 231; Nissan 350Z GT Roadster; BMW E90 330d M Sport; BMW E92 335i SE; Maserati 4200; Nissan 350Z; Honda S2000; Astra Coupe Turbo; Ford Probe
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 01:20 PM   #5
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport

All CC companies are the same. I had the same crap with Barclaycard except worse...

MBNA have been good to me. But only in so much as I've never had a problem and gotten forced to a call center in India etc.

Barclaycard was so F--ING annoying because none of them understood my complaint letalone resolved it. After written complaints I got through to a UK person at long last, but she was unable to fix the mistakes previous call center staff had made to my account and each attempt was a risk at damaging my credit rating. In short it'd been f-ed up so badly that even senior UK staff couldn't do anything about it. I closed the account.

I only applied for it in order to take a balance transfer offer up - and have now lost 6 months in interest on the card I wanted to transfer from as I am not in a position to clear the debt and don't want to risk applying for a new card as it might get rejected. (Too much credit in X time period.. )

So. They're all as bad as eachother.
      03-20-2011, 01:47 PM   #6
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Thanks for the heads up...
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 04:17 PM   #7
Mike in Hampshire
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: None at present!

My experience with Virgin/MBNA has been different.
Fuss-free, everything has worked as expected, no hassles.

Sorry, that sounds smug - I just meant perhaps you were unlucky?
I think I agree with Mega, it isn't a perfect industry.......i.e. pot luck I suppose.

Must be REALLY irritating when it goes wrong - but are Virgin really worse than the others?

Mike.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 04:25 PM   #8
Carrera RSR
Colonel
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in Hampshire View Post
My experience with Virgin/MBNA has been different.
Fuss-free, everything has worked as expected, no hassles.

Sorry, that sounds smug - I just meant perhaps you were unlucky?
I think I agree with Mega, it isn't a perfect industry.......i.e. pot luck I suppose.

Must be REALLY irritating when it goes wrong - but are Virgin really worse than the others?

Mike.
I also use AMEX, Barclaycard business and personal, Egg and Mastercard. I have never called anyone of them as often in 20 years put together with problems as I have experienced with Virgin/MBNA. They are consistently making the same mistakes every fucking month. The one saving grace is every call starts with 'take a look at my history!' the person on the end of the phone then has to agree to put the problem right as there is numerous precedents set. However it occurs again the next month. I tried to close the account by paying it off in full, but they now have over 200 quid credit on my account and still charging fucking interest for fucks sake!

Cants

Can't believe Virgin continue to allow the MBNA to screw up the brand reputation
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 12:03 AM   #9
webwysard
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M135i

One benefit of reading this thread, that I was thinking of applying for a credit card for quite sometime but never rememberd so while reading I applied for a barclaycard platinum and got approved 20months 0% for balance transfer

Anyway back to the point, my wife has a MBNA/virgin credit card for quite sometime now and as I can remember she never had a problem with it.

But again as others have said its just potluck
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 06:14 AM   #10
Carrera RSR
Colonel
England
Rep

I think the issue arises if they haven't applied the correct interest free element from the start. If you are just buying and paying then there should be no problems. My statements are full of errors and error corrections. Off to call them now and tell them where to shove their card!!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 06:27 AM   #11
mowflow
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Golf 7R

I applied for a MBNA card about 8 years ago and I'm still waiting for it.

No, seriously. I did apply for one when they started doing 0% balance transfers about 8 years ago and it took them so long to process the application that by the time they approved it and sent out a card I had cleared the balance I wanted to transfer. I just sent the card back without opening it.
      03-21-2011, 06:55 AM   #12
Carrera RSR
Colonel
England
Rep

Just got off the phone and they agreed to pay back the direct debit and interest values. Then they had the audacity to ask if I have any further balances I'd like to transfer to them ........... er, let me think about that one........ no, fuck off!!
Appreciate 0